Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2018, 02:32:51 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Just finished a class with the X95
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Just finished a class with the X95  (Read 1077 times)
Rastoff

« on: February 07, 2018, 08:54:43 PM »

I just finished a 2 day Advanced Long Gun Tactics class. This involved both rifle and shotgun. We shot off both shoulders, used different types of cover, different platforms and weird positions driven by the type of cover available. I used the X95 for the rifle portions. Put 339 rounds down the bore during these two days.

The gun performed flawlessly. I had one Type III malfunction because I inserted a mag too hard with the bolt open and popped the top round out. This created a double feed which I fixed and got on with it.

We were required to do malfunction clearances with one hand. This is challenging with any rifle. I was able to do it with the X95, but clearly need more practice. Trying to lock the bolt back with one hand requires contortionist level work.  Shocked

At one point we went to a range that had 18"x24" steel silhouettes placed out to 1,200 yards. We had a 30MPH cross wind. To my amazement, I was able to ring the steel out to ~600 yards. I believe I hit the target, a really big one, at 1,200 yards. I can't confirm it, but I saw a puff of dust just low and to the left on the first shot and then took two more where I compensated to the right a little more and didn't see any dust.

Here is what it looked like from the prone position:

Here are the target distances:

This gun is not a long distance gun though and I was glad to hit anything beyond 400. For the closer in stuff it is really amazing.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
rjhyland

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 10:08:52 AM »

Super cool. Glad the X95 performed like a Champion. Were you the only Tavor there? If not how would you rate it against the other rifles in the group. Also, optic were you using.
I'd love to do something like that.
Rastoff

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 10:50:35 PM »

Yes, I had the only Tavor. Everyone else had ARs. The more I use the X95, the more I like it. My hand just gravitates toward it and away from the ARs anymore.

The AR tends to be just a tad more accurate, but I'm much faster with the Tavor.

I have a Trijicon ACOG TA33 on mine.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Halmbarte

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 02:43:50 PM »

Itís silly easy to make an accurate AR, but the ergonomics of the Tavor as a package blow the AR out of the water.

H
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length