Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 02:42:08 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  X95 suppressed double-feeding
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: X95 suppressed double-feeding  (Read 1361 times)
imadude

« on: February 05, 2018, 09:40:17 AM »

I have a X95 with a 15in barrel, plus a pinned sico flash hider to get over 16 inches. I took it out this weekend for the first time since having the barrel shortened and I'm having some double feed--but only suppressed (sico omega). In the past it would be very rare to have a feeding issue with the can on and only with lower quality steel-cased ammo. This new problem occurrs with multiple types of magazines and two brands of ammo, both 55gr.

I'm wondering if I need the gas port opened up a tad since having the barrel shortened because it's my understanding the port sizes are different per length. Does anyone else have a tavor (or tavor sbr) that required gas port changes? Any input would be helpful. Thanks!
SteveD

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 05:58:52 PM »

Well if it doesn't double feed when you're unsuppressed, suppressor is at fault most likely. Double feeds are most likely magazine related but it doesn't seem to be the case here. I would definitely not open up the gas port, which I don't even think you can on the Tavor or x95 without messing up the gas system. Your bolt may be unlocking too fast. When you say double feed, is it two live rounds trying to chamber? Or is 1 round a spent casing but is stuck inside the gun to not be considered a stove pipe.
imadude

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 09:14:10 PM »

Well if it doesn't double feed when you're unsuppressed, suppressor is at fault most likely. Double feeds are most likely magazine related but it doesn't seem to be the case here. I would definitely not open up the gas port, which I don't even think you can on the Tavor or x95 without messing up the gas system. Your bolt may be unlocking too fast. When you say double feed, is it two live rounds trying to chamber? Or is 1 round a spent casing but is stuck inside the gun to not be considered a stove pipe.

Two live rounds trying to enter the chamber.
SteveD

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 09:55:50 PM »

lookin around on ar15.com some people mentioned their AR's had the same problem and the violent cycling rate affects the magazine, possibly knocking a round loose so it feeds twice. Culprit is 99% too high of a cyclic rate and backpressure. Have you tried the extra power hammer spring from ShootingSight?
imadude

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 10:22:30 PM »

lookin around on ar15.com some people mentioned their AR's had the same problem and the violent cycling rate affects the magazine, possibly knocking a round loose so it feeds twice. Culprit is 99% too high of a cyclic rate and backpressure. Have you tried the extra power hammer spring from ShootingSight?

I hadn't heard of it prior to your post.  I will get a couple and see what happens.  Thank you for the suggestion.
imadude

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 12:58:45 PM »

An update, I've been using the stronger spring from shooting sight and it seems to have improved reliability but I am still having stovepipes with a halfway ejected casing and the next live round going in does not feed properly.  This only seems to happen when suppressed.

I'm seeing others using omegas without a problem.  Is this perhaps due to the gas and the shorter barrel?  I'd rather not have to get a whole new can (OSS) or start off with a new barrel assembly.  Thanks for any suggestions in advance.
SteveD

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 02:31:23 PM »

Try taking off the brass deflector (hope you're not a lefty)
Guardian_Tavor

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 10:28:27 PM »

Is it a 30 cal can or 22? I have slightly better luck with my 30 cal can. The action gets so over gassed that spent brass usually ends up over my bolt. Id second the removing of the deflector, that seems to be the reason why my brass gets back into the chamber.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length