Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2018, 07:37:15 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  FNH
| | |-+  P90 / PS90 P90 icon
| | | |-+  ps90 w/ silencer and slowing the bolt?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ps90 w/ silencer and slowing the bolt?  (Read 1506 times)
Tyris

« on: January 27, 2018, 07:14:47 PM »

Hi guys, I need a little advice.
I'm running my ps90 in the configuration below.
It is using a short but large diameter silencer. The intent was that it wouldn't have as much dirty blow back as 1" cans, it didn't quite work out that way. Its as quiet as can be expected for a blow back gun, there is no over-pressure and the mag never pops up, but I get an insane amount of soot in the action and the empties are filthy.
I made the mistake of shooting this today while wearing a yellow sweatshirt. The front right section of the sweatshirt how has quite a few black marks from the empties that hit it. I suppose this could be mitigated if I had leaned forward more, but I was just having some fun shooting a pumpkin.
My question: Is there any way to retime this so the bolt stays closed a tiny bit longer?
Or should I just accept it and adjust my stance to lean forward and square up to the target?

For what its worth, the ss197 was far more effective on the pumpkin than 147 grain 9mm. Cheesy Grin
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 07:56:30 PM by Tyris » Logged
pilot4prophet

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 01:04:43 PM »

Nice rig, but effing with the timing on this rifle would mean basically scrapping your rifle for the learning curve of figuring out what works. Adding mass to the bolt comes to mind, but how to do that?

P4P
konigstigerii

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 09:41:43 PM »

Nice rig, but effing with the timing on this rifle would mean basically scrapping your rifle for the learning curve of figuring out what works. Adding mass to the bolt comes to mind, but how to do that?

I would agree. I used a axiom 22 silencer on the SBR PS90, and it is over gassed a lot. 556-SD isn't as bad. 762-SD is better, but really long haha. I tried extra power springs, but that just caused more issues.... You can buy a heavier weight, but its expensive and I doubt would help much. Only option if it really bothered you is an OSS can or a Nextgen 3D flow can. For me, I just deal with the bit extra with the 556 can, with no issues.
bravo619

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 11:02:20 PM »

I run a AAC M-1000 and it runs dirty but is a quiet little puppy and itís always gonna be dirty running suppressed but the M1000 is a very good suppressor I have a 7.62 SD N6 but like to keep it close to dedicated as I can.  Really doesnít matter what ammunition I run itís just a nasty b**** suppressed lol

45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911

45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz332/bravo619/458.gif
Articlion

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 12:05:00 PM »

You could have the bolt drilled and filled with Mallory you would have to play with the weight to get it where you want it also you would need two bolts one for suppresses and one for normal the the cheapest route but it will get you where you need to be
konigstigerii

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 06:21:22 PM »

Could drill it out and epoxy some tungsten rods into it. Did that on a PPS-43 semi-auto conversion since the semi-conversions cut weight off the original bolt. Seemed to help a little. Need good quality drill bits and set up though to do so.
bravo619

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 08:15:01 PM »

Unless you shoot  bolt action youíll always get spot on you! Thatís just how it goes or if youíre shooting AR platform and have a  pri gas buster charging lever that works for the AR .  I personally just wouldnít wear a yellow shirt to shoot in anyway lol 😂 Jk

45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz332/bravo619/458.gif
bravo619

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 08:17:05 PM »

Iím surprised FN hasnít came up with some kind of item or plug on the ps90 to regulate the blowback of the bolt yet.

Tyris

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 10:28:19 PM »

Finally resolved this to my satisfaction.
I got the Elite-ammo replacement anti-bounce weight (I think they calls it a rate reducer) that goes inside the bolt assembly.
Its made of machinable tungsten and 2x the weight of the factory anti-bounce device.

Installation required some needle nose pliers and a helper (thanks wifey!) Cheesy
I put 5 rounds of ss197 and 5 rounds of ss198 through my ps90. All ran fine, action felt a little more gentle.
Empties were not caked in soot like before, still dirty but not filthy, I'm happy with it. I dont recall what the non-suppressed brass looks like, but my shirt wasn't as dirty. Cheesy Cheesy
Will run a few mags this weekend when I get more time assuming I'm not rained out again.

-T
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length