Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2018, 02:12:01 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  x95 SBR confirmed and explained
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: x95 SBR confirmed and explained  (Read 3980 times)
DubageL

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2018, 09:31:37 AM »

7.9lbs vs 7.3lbs
pyroxide

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 12:22:32 PM »

The reduction in weight is not as important as the bringing back of the center of gravity as well as less overall length, which is the goal. Helps in home defense or urban warfare situations. I plan to buy one of these to retain short length when a suppressor is used.

Waiting [impatiently] for this to come out. I'm hoping that the 300 Blackout will be available right away. If not, I might get turned off completely.
pbjb
New Posting Member

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 09:35:08 PM »

Looked a one this week at the Great American Sportsmen show, feels like a big pistol.  It is very well balanced and points well.  Would like to shoot it.
Craigy

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2018, 11:11:34 AM »

UPC is all over the web.  WHEN CAN WE PLACE OUR ORDERS BRUH!!!
Ross

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2018, 04:44:10 PM »

The dealer I volunteer for ordered me one at the Sports Inc show, not sure when it will be in .......... but when it does arrive then the wait really starts.
pyroxide

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2018, 06:49:53 PM »

I am having my doubts that the SBR will be initially available in .300 Blackout or 9mm. UPC for only the 5.56 NATO is on the web for both Black (XB13SBR) and FDE (XFD13SBR). Nothing about the .300 BO (which I assume the model would be XB13SBR-BLK or XFD13SBR-BLK).

Left-hand bolt option also probably not going to be a thing, either, which would be fine with me since Bullpup Armory sells one for a reasonable price.

I've reached out to IWI-US and haven't gotten a response. All I can say is; prepare to be disappointed, but hope for the best.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 06:52:57 PM by pyroxide » Logged
boscoman

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2018, 09:21:29 PM »

I am hoping that this will appear on the web site & at dealers in April along with the 7, & TS12. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Next will also hopefully be the Masada handgun.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
mr_staypuft
^

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2018, 04:38:34 PM »

.300 hope?  Maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV5QCHTFcK4
boscoman

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2018, 07:26:09 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV5QCHTFcK4

Was really good & amusing video. Here's hoping.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
pyroxide

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2018, 08:41:15 PM »

Pretty sure that's the IDF model which has been around for awhile. Notice the handguard and full auto feature. I was really hoping that was the civilian model the first time i viewed it.
mr_staypuft
^

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2018, 12:02:21 PM »

Pretty sure that's the IDF model which has been around for awhile. Notice the handguard and full auto feature. I was really hoping that was the civilian model the first time i viewed it.

Did not know it had been around for a while in 300blk (even for the IDF).  To me, I'm just happy that this is proof they have the ability to do the 300blk in a short barrel since the gas system is less flexible in it's placement than say an AR.  

So, if they already spent R&D into making it function, and they are selling civi SBR's, and they are selling civi 300blk 16", then I don't see why they would hold back on a civi 300blk SBR
pyroxide

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2018, 06:39:12 AM »

Did not know it had been around for a while in 300blk (even for the IDF).  To me, I'm just happy that this is proof they have the ability to do the 300blk in a short barrel since the gas system is less flexible in it's placement than say an AR.  
I may be mistaken. I just looked at IWI.net, which is not IWI-US, and didn't see the 300 BLK SBR. Only the 9mm and 5.45x39 SBR.

I would have rather seen a shorter barrel, yet. One that had a hand guard to honey badger a suppressor underneath and a different hand guard. 10-inch barrel with a hand guard that would take a 2" diameter suppressor would have really made my day...no, year...no...decade. And to fulfill my life's purpose, they would have used the advancements of the Tavor 7.

So, if they already spent R&D into making it function, and they are selling civi SBR's, and they are selling civi 300blk 16", then I don't see why they would hold back on a civi 300blk SBR
I really hope you're right. The problem I see is that IWI-US is producing 4 new firearms this year; X95 SBR, Tavor 7, TS12, and the Masada. And they all are supposed to release about the same time, IIRC. Not only that, but the X95 SBR would have 3 different calibers ready to go. Not sure about the Masada, [though I've seen it mentioned on social media a few times] but the Tavor 7 and TS12 have a lot of interest; more than the SBR, so they probably have more of those built. It may be harder for IWI-US to justify producing 3 different calibers immediately.

If IWI-US would come out and say something confirming our hopes, I'll get on here and apologize for creating question.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the left-hand eject bolt option would make things even more complicated. That means they would be making 3 more variants of the X95 SBR. Mine, being in .300 BO and having LH eject would be a bit of a unicorn; which means getting one might be easier or harder, depending on supply/demand.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 12:23:24 PM by pyroxide » Logged
Craigy

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2018, 05:35:09 PM »

I'm still waiting on a response from IWI on left hand option to place my order.

If no lefty SBRs are produced, I'll still order and send it back for conversion, I just want confirmation either way.
pyroxide

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2018, 11:29:08 AM »

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=12913.0

X95 SBR is only being produced in 5.56 NATO at this time.
AZAUG

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2018, 12:14:09 PM »

So' do we have any idea when this is coming out and what distributors or retailers will be carrying it?
Craigy

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2018, 03:44:15 PM »

So' do we have any idea when this is coming out and what distributors or retailers will be carrying it?

Here they said 1Q or 2Q of this year.  So hopefully by end of June.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6IrQNYSNPQ   

A month or so ago they replied to me on the gram and they said shipping in about another month.    Tongue

The UPCs are out there and some dealers will already let you order.  I think someone on here already has his order in. 
DubageL

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2018, 07:35:17 AM »

Im just waiting for the 13 barrel and round IDF handguard sets.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length