Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2018, 12:33:17 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  IWI Tavor TS12
| | |-+  leaked TS-12 by IWI
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: leaked TS-12 by IWI  (Read 11278 times)
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 11:52:15 PM »

There is a lot I want to know about this shotgun. I doubt it feeds like a top end 3 gun but also think maybe easier than the KSG. What is the switch on the mid barrel that reads L and M? Lock and manual modes for the tubes? Also, the shell deflectors, are they hinged? Is that where you feed the rounds or in another location? How fast is the gas system compared to Beretta and others? The tube selector switch in the cutless, do you press that with your finger or thumb and manually rotate the tube? How much of a delay is there between tubes? Does it have built in iron sights? I'll have to Waite for shot show as I am very curious to see how this thing runs.

I'm also curious what the L/M lever does. Locked vs Manual seems like odd nomenclature. You'd think Locked vs Unlocked or Manual vs Automatic. It appears to be located on the gas system, but the best I can come up with is Low vs Max gas - which seems equally odd.

I believe that switching tubes is done by pressing forward on the lever inside the trigger guard and then manually rotating them. Multiple sources claim that the next round is automatically loaded once the tube is locked into place.

I do wear glasses but when I zoom in on the photo above it appears to be L and H. One would assume this would be for Low base or High base 12 gauge shells.

AE
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:54:46 PM by Aussie E » Logged
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2018, 12:20:03 AM »

I do wear glasses but when I zoom in on the photo above it appears to be L and H. One would assume this would be for Low base or High base 12 gauge shells.

AE

That could be one question solved. Still looks like an M to be but could very well be an H. Good pick up Aussie.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 12:22:34 AM by rjhyland » Logged
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 11:28:37 AM »

I'm guessing it will run real similar to this.
https://youtu.be/5csDjFQOlHo

* SRM_Spec_Sheet-Gen-2-wo-logo.jpg (1117.95 KB, 2550x2956 - viewed 215 times.)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:30:35 AM by rjhyland » Logged
Rastoff

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2018, 01:44:42 PM »

I think most people, including me, would just got with a Benelli M4 as their go-to high end shotgun.
Having owned and used a lot of shotguns, I'll take the Mossberg 930 SPX over the Benelli M4 every day. But some people like spending twice the money for half the capacity and no increase in reliability.

AE
I don't know what that lever does, but I can guarantee you it has nothing to do with low/high brass. There is absolutely no difference between the two bases.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
JesseJames38

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2018, 03:29:13 PM »

Perhaps instead of low and high brass its more of (Light and Heavy)  loads.  Such as target loads vs magnum loads.
Rastoff

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2018, 08:09:36 PM »

Well, you could have a good point there JesseJames38. I've never heard of a shotgun with such a switch on it, but known many that could use it.

Even so, a quality self-defense semi-auto shotgun should cycle both light and heavy loads without issue. My 930SPX cycles 1oz 1150FPS loads and 00Buck 1350FPS loads perfectly.

Freedom isn't free.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2018, 08:55:42 PM »

Well, you could have a good point there JesseJames38. I've never heard of a shotgun with such a switch on it, but known many that could use it.

My mag fed AK pattern Catamount 12G has 4 gas settings.

AE
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2018, 08:40:26 PM »

A Google hangout discussing mostly competition to  the new IWI TS-12. Just over an hour long talking mostly about the Six12.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLSUzSr_zDM

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 01:16:38 PM by rjhyland » Logged
Rastoff

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2018, 02:42:25 AM »

AE
Is that done by a switch or by changing out bushings?

Freedom isn't free.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2018, 01:10:08 PM »

AE
Is that done by a switch or by changing out bushings?

Knob on the gas block.

AE
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2018, 12:18:30 PM »

You were correct on the gas setting switch.
https://youtu.be/VnvHVq4xeBk
Practicool

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2018, 05:03:40 PM »

After watching that video, all can say is..

DO WANT!   TAKE MY MONEY!  Smiley

::chuckles::   

Seriously though, being a lefty and running an Ithaca (downward ejecting pump) Model 37 Defense gun in classes, I've held off on a semi-auto for a long time.  No complaints, it works quite well, and I can outrun 99% of the pump guys that show up.  But still a couple of those Benelli guys are so slick and leave me in the dust.  For a while I thought the solution might be the SKO bull, but not only has that been vaporware for a long time, it's not really ambi.  IWI has answered my call again!

In fact, seeing that IWI is putting out 2 guns (TS-12 and Tavor 7) with faster and easier Ambi systems, I am afraid that next year they will be releasing the ultimate 5.56 (maybe retooled Tavor 7?) and I'll have to retire my SAR.

Until then, looking forward to the TS-12!
Rastoff

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2018, 08:45:36 PM »

That's a very cool feature with the L-H setting switch. I've never seen a shotgun with such a simple set up. I have seen some with different bushings, but Aussie E's AK pattern gun with adjustable gas block was new to me.

This is another winner from IWI as far as I'm concerned.

Freedom isn't free.
Heavy

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2018, 09:30:06 PM »

Its not really a tavor, They should have called it the Meggido. I think mine will get some N7 decals.
racky
^

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2018, 01:35:29 AM »

WOW!!!!, after watching the shot show videos on the TS-12, I'm extremely interested, ......Man IWI keeps producing really fun cool guns , ........Its turning me into an IWI  addict, ...gotta have the TS-12, AND tavor7, and the Tavor 7 is reasonably priced ,compared to most ar15-308's,..I used to own a benelli M1 super 90, awesome shotgun, should da never sold it, but the TS-12 I think will be better.
SteveD

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2018, 04:02:46 AM »

Watching the videos of Shot Show and reading the comments hurt my brain. People complain that it's big. Well do you prefer the traditional non bullpups that add like an extra 8"? Or how they say, "SO IT'S A SRM 1216?". Once again, bullpup, better weight distribution and length... Bullpup virgins...
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2018, 09:32:01 AM »

I like it .....BUT hate the fact that its NOT mag fed, tubes are to slow to reload.....And now the front end will be heavy with 15 rounds ahead of the trigger.

Tubes loaded with speed loaders are faaaaaaaaaast.

AE

From the video it looks like speed loaders may be viable.

AE
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2018, 04:36:08 PM »

From the video it looks like speed loaders may be viable.

AE

In this shot show video at the :46 second mark he stacked two shells on top of one another and pretty much shoved them both in with a single push.
Here is the clip.
https://youtu.be/4dpyPCt-oOk
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 09:01:49 AM by rjhyland » Logged
Tommydogg

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2018, 09:17:08 PM »

I need a left TS12 and a right TS12.  That'd be 30 rounds!
Heavy

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2018, 09:38:50 PM »

I need a left TS12 and a right TS12.  That'd be 30 rounds!
30+2. Be sure to post a video when you figure out how to turn the tubes while dual wielding.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length