Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2018, 10:51:17 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  IWI Tavor TS12
| | |-+  leaked TS-12 by IWI
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: leaked TS-12 by IWI  (Read 14357 times)
MarkB

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2018, 11:14:13 PM »

I wonder what it would take to damage the TS12 if you drop it on the mag tubes?  How much force and would the TS12 still function?  Possible failure point?
racky
^

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2018, 11:34:32 PM »

Heavy, that's simple, you just get the 2 extra arms biobot kit from  the mad scientist guy in one of the spiderman movies,......Aussie E, a while back way after I sold my benelli I saw those speed loaders for shot guns,...if they work on a TS-12, .....all the more better.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 11:40:51 PM by racky » Logged
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2018, 02:46:07 PM »

In the SS videos it looks like a 1.5 times twisting movement to rotate one tube to the next. This is probably just getting used to it and a single twist will become your norm. I wonder, and I don't think it's possible because of the size of the tube mag that is needed, but to have an after market tube that had 4 instead of 3. The twist would be shorter and quicker the rounds would be 20+1 and of course it would be heavier
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2018, 05:21:10 PM »

I would have liked to see the rotation of the tubes to be me mechanically or spring driven. Press the switch and the tube automatically rotates and snaps in place. Just a thought.

AE
WarMachine4X4

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2018, 04:42:54 PM »

I like it .....BUT hate the fact that its NOT mag fed, tubes are to slow to reload.....And now the front end will be heavy with 15 rounds ahead of the trigger.

I share similar concerns.  I have long wanted a semi-auto bullpup in 12 ga., but still like the ability to change magazines quickly with my Saiga 12.  Of course, it takes a fair amount of work to get a Siaga 12 to run really well with everything, and even then you still have the issues or balance, weight and length.   I  think that even with 15 rounds ahead of the trigger, the TS 12 will probably still balance better than my Saiga.

If IWI or the aftermarket could furhter refine it to use detachable tubes like the SRM 1216 then it that would be very nice. Also making the tubes auto-rotate might be nice although having each tube loaded differently and just manually rotating accordingly has an advantage as well.

The TS12 is definitely within my considerations though.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 05:44:28 PM by WarMachine4X4 » Logged
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2018, 07:56:48 PM »

I didn't see this mentioned in any SS videos or I missed it.
Quoted from an article from "Thetruthaboutguns" on TS-12 FTE.

"My first stop at SHOT range day was the IWI tent to check out the new Tavor TS12. I was lucky enough to not even have to wait in line. I watched an IWI rep shoot the new bullpup shotgun.
Unfortunately he experienced a lot of failures to eject, due to light loads. Keep in mind it was a prototype gun. After switching to loads that fire over 1,200 fps the gun ran perfectly. Sorry guys, no mini shells."
ammomans

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2018, 07:25:46 PM »

I just sold my KSG in anticipation for this.

I only plan on shooting buckshot or slugs, so Iím not concerned about light loads.  Being a semi auto AND super easy to load will be a huge step up from my KSG.

I just hope not having an angled fore grip wonít ruin it for me...
WarMachine4X4

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2018, 09:15:05 PM »

I didn't see this mentioned in any SS videos or I missed it.
Quoted from an article from "Thetruthaboutguns" on TS-12 FTE.

"My first stop at SHOT range day was the IWI tent to check out the new Tavor TS12. I was lucky enough to not even have to wait in line. I watched an IWI rep shoot the new bullpup shotgun.
Unfortunately he experienced a lot of failures to eject, due to light loads. Keep in mind it was a prototype gun. After switching to loads that fire over 1,200 fps the gun ran perfectly. Sorry guys, no mini shells."

It's stated to have an integral gas regulation system, I'm not sure if that means it is adjustable or not, but if it is then running lighter loads and mini-shells might be possible with the right gas adjustment and getting broken in over time.

Saigas and their like do not do well with light loads such as walmart low brass birdshot when brand new from the factory, but with a better aftermarket gas adjustment, and breaking it in with some heavy loads they do just fine with them.  I'll have to admit that I've not tried reduced recoil buckshot loads or mini shells in my Saiga though.

I'm thinking though that it shouldn't be too much of an issue to over come.  I also hope that speed loaders may be a viable option for the lack of magazines or detachable tubes like the SRM1216.
ammomans

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2018, 12:52:51 AM »

It does have the switch for High/Low brass, which Iím assuming is for gas regulation.  But cheap bird shot isnít what this firearm begs for! Smiley

Maybe itís just me, but I thought there would be a lot more discussion on this new firearm...  Seems like most members here donít care...
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2018, 02:01:41 AM »

I just sold my KSG in anticipation for this.

I sold my KSG as well 3 weeks ago and ordered a Benelli M2. A week after I sent my pro form in to Benelli I seen that IWI was releasing a new bullpup shotgun and I saw it.  Cool
I emailed Bellini, hoping the order wasn't processed and told them to cancel my order and now March can't get here soon enough.

A personal taste thing... because of the lines of the shotgun I'm thinking a Vortex UH-1 would be fantastic on it and will probably order that soon.

I had no idea the TS-12 was coming out and as much as I loved my KSG I just couldn't depend on it. I'll wait for all the reviews to come out on the TS-12 and then decide if I will go IWI or Benelli but right now I want the TS-12 yesterday.

commoncents
^

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2018, 02:22:35 AM »

wow, surprise surprise!  dang, i might have to sell my KSG too!   I'll have to weigh pros/cons but the tavor at least on paper looks pretty dang good.
ammomans

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2018, 08:43:41 AM »

wow, surprise surprise!  dang, i might have to sell my KSG too!   I'll have to weigh pros/cons but the tavor at least on paper looks pretty dang good.

Glad to hear Iím not the only one looking forward to it!!

My main complaint with the KSG was loading shells.  Without looking underneath it, getting the shells to line up perfectly wasnít an easy task for me.  And my finger tip would frequently get bitten by the piece of metal holding the shells in!

As for looks, I prefer the look of the KSG, and itís smaller.  But the ease of loading it has me sold!

I have a UH-1 on my trunk gun, so Iíll have to give it a try.  I also have the Meprolight 21 that they used on the range in all the videos, so Iíll try that one too.

Super excited!!!  (Just hope it all works great so I donít regret selling my KSG!)
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2018, 10:24:58 AM »

Now that Shot is over and the Cat's out of the bag how long will it be before the channels start testing this? I hope to see reviews at least a Month before they hit the market, so maybe something on the next 30 days would be nice.  Cool
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 07:32:18 PM by rjhyland » Logged
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2018, 10:30:01 AM »

https://youtu.be/0xkM1dSHzeU
At 3:05 he says "You can ghost load it like a Binelli to get 17 rounds in the weapon at one time."

And u can load it 2 shells at a time.
Sweet!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 10:33:02 AM by rjhyland » Logged
ammomans

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2018, 06:42:51 PM »

Looks aside, I am liking this thing more and more!

Hardest thing is going to be waiting after it has been out a month or two before picking one up.  I'd prefer to let others do the initial testing before pulling the trigger. (pun intended! Smiley)
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2018, 12:38:42 PM »

I found it listed at Oaklandtactical for $1,149.00

https://oaklandtactical.com/index.php/iwi-tavor-ts12-12ga-18-5-15rd-blk-210000021281.html

and at Centerfireguns for $1.249.00

http://www.centerfireguns.com/iwi-us-tavor-ts12-12ga-18-5-15r-blk-tsb12b.html

Not sure if these prices are firm but gives me a ball park on what to expect.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 12:03:23 AM by rjhyland » Logged
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2018, 09:09:43 AM »

I need to handle this...might have to trade my Benelli M4 for one...maybe...
ammomans

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2018, 05:12:19 PM »

I need to handle this...might have to trade my Benelli M4 for one...maybe...

Thatís a hard one...  the M4 is a proven platform whereas the TS-12 is completely new.  Selling my KSG for this was an easy choice, but an M4?  Thatís a harder one...
g36kinnc

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2018, 08:06:40 PM »

15 rnds??? If I have to give up grpound after that?? I am going back for the flamethrower or call in an Airstrike !!
I 'm NOT sure what people think they are getting into in their Fantasy combat minds.

Anyone still wanting to engage me after that sort of firepower is full -on insane/drugged and if they are they are NOT thinking tactically and I would have wasted quickly him and his Zombie brethern.

If you don't have time to add some more after 15 rnds of OO or No.4 shot  then The 8th Mongolian Herd has already has your ass and tell St. Peter what happened and you did your damned best!!
ammomans

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2018, 11:48:46 PM »

15 rnds??? ....  I'm NOT sure what people think they are getting into in their Fantasy combat minds.

In my mind, as long as it isnít too hard to carry around, you can never have enough!  Thatís why I have 30 round mags for my AR-15, 20 round mags for my AR-10, and 15 round mags for my Glock 10mm.

More rounds = more fun!

When shooting my KSG (14 rnd), never ONCE did I think - ďMan, I wish this held fewer roundsĒ Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length