Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2018, 12:08:21 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  I was bit today.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I was bit today.  (Read 2858 times)
bigrubberd

« on: January 11, 2018, 09:10:26 PM »

So I went shooting at my department range for qualifying and as such I had to qual with the tavor. This is my first time qualifying with it for duty. During the qual table we had to shoot walking right and shoot walking left. I just switched hands and I knew (obviously) the brass ejection port. But we'll I forgot. My chin was too close and the picture tells the rest of the story. Learn from my stupidity. It you look close you can see a faint circle next to the other. Also I passed hahaha.
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 10:25:32 PM »

From such mishaps, an improved design ---

(https://iwi.net/tavor/tavor-7/)
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 11:38:56 PM »

I had the same thing happen to me, lol, great battle scare to have. (No it didn't leave a scare, don't worry)
Rastoff

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 12:55:13 PM »

Better that than the wound left by the bad guys bullet.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Practicool

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 04:20:40 PM »

After having my (left handed) Tavor SAR go down in the 2nd hour of a 2 day 20 hour class (from a bent op rod on the charging handle, freak malfunction), I borrowed my friend's (right handed) SAR.  Tried shooting for the first drill and caught enough brass on the left cheek in 10 minutes that I gave up and shot the last day and a half right handed. 

It was great practice!  (and took 4-5 days for the slight cuts/bruising to disappear, hehe)

Also, I'm very thankful I upgraded my own SAR with that Percival Armaments enhanced deflector.  When I swap shoulders on mine to go around right side barriers, I don't catch brass in the chin.

https://www.bullpuparmory.com/product_p/pa-tavx95-shdef.htm
cciman

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 07:03:43 PM »

That's nothing. Roll Eyes

Check your buttpad- if it is a "upgraded pad" with shortened length of pull, your chin cuts are more likely.

I switched back to the stock butt pad and had no issues for a full days worth of switching sides.  Whereas the Manticore pad had me cut up after 100rounds on the L.

If it is still happening to you with the stock buttpad, you can train with a bandaid, of a piece of duct tape on the chin to shield it.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 07:15:10 PM by cciman » Logged
cciman

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 07:13:08 PM »

X95 rifle, stock muzzle device.  Brass case factory made 193

I also run a Percival  extended case deflector with the stock butt pad, to include all the variables.
xdmikey

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 10:22:38 AM »

I think I'll be picking one up myself.

Thanks for the post.
konigstigerii

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 12:52:48 PM »

If you had a beard, it would of protected you  Wink
Halmbarte

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 03:10:46 PM »

More potentially seriously, a friend and I were both shooting Tavors at the local rifle match at a stage that required both us (right handed) to shoot left handed. We both had brass bounce off our faces and back into the ejection port, causing a stoppage.

H
Practicool

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 07:10:55 PM »

More potentially seriously, a friend and I were both shooting Tavors at the local rifle match at a stage that required both us (right handed) to shoot left handed. We both had brass bounce off our faces and back into the ejection port, causing a stoppage.

H

That is so weird (to me)... I've used mine for 3 years of classes, ALL of them requiring support side shooting, and I've never bounced one back in the ejection port.  I did catch a few on the chin before the deflector upgrade though.
Spiderpig

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 10:32:37 PM »

I have a right handed Tavor and shoot left handed.  I just got it a week ago so haven't had time to modify it for left hand just yet.  But first time at the range it was hitting my cheek quite a bit, but I have a beard and didn't notice any mark....but I did have two casings land directly on my right forearm and require me to move my arm to get them off.  So I now have two lovely circles on my right forearm.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length