Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2018, 01:21:20 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  Tavor7
| | | |-+  Tavor 7. So when?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Tavor 7. So when?  (Read 27604 times)
Ditcher
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2018, 01:48:57 PM »

Hope the accuracy is better the X95.
Potss
^

« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2018, 11:23:31 AM »

And I hope it is less gassy suppressed than the X95.
Despotes

« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2018, 04:28:22 PM »

June, July, August...when is this thing REALLY coming out?
boscoman

« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2018, 08:01:55 PM »

I have been told by a rep at IWI, that there have been some "setbacks". I'm not holding my breath for anytime soon. Maybe Sept, Oct.?

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2018, 12:27:48 AM »

All these set backs with the 308 bullpup is really having me concerned where I just want to give up on them.

Thank goodness my two AR10s are in my stable.
mityno1
^

« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2018, 01:00:04 PM »

All these set backs with the 308 bullpup is really having me concerned where I just want to give up on them.

Thank goodness my two AR10s are in my stable.

I think this serves to vindicate Desert Tech to at least a small degree. If mega giant IWI is having issues refining the well-proven Tavor platform in .308, imagine how hard it must be for a small manufacturer to get it right on their very first semi-auto.

Are your AR10's SBR's?

Re: MDR Group Buy - official BPF list!
ォ Reply #360 on: January 04, 2015, 05:29:50 AM サ
(Still waiting patiently on an FDE...)
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2018, 03:47:10 PM »

I don't think it vindicates DT...they were years delayed...IWI is only months...but it does beg the question...why is it delayed again.

My 716 is 16" and my LMT MWS is 13.5"...the LMT is hands down the best platform I've ever owned. So much so I am considering getting its 5.56 baby brother and trading off my BREN.

The LMT has been dead nuts reliable and shots under 1" with a chrome lined barrel...can't beat that. Its a neat design...I could into a whole spill on its superiority.

Only downside is if you are running it suppressed it is a bit overgassed...but easily cured with a Sun Devil or Rubber City Adjustable Gas Key.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 04:37:28 PM by thehun » Logged
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2018, 04:30:28 PM »

I've said this before...I'll say it again.  Developing fully reliable, trouble-free semiautos in .308 and other high pressure calibers isn't the walk-in-the-park some might believe.  Throw in the design curves of a bullpup, and you raise the bar a little higher.

I don't guess with the T7 if we even know if this is a mechanical developmental hiccup in the delivery timeline or just a marketing/manufacturing/shipping issue.  We'll see, I guess.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2018, 04:36:03 PM »

Could be a lot of things...including importation hold up.

After playing in the AR10 world now and learning more...agreed...a 308 semi is a whole different animal.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2018, 05:02:46 PM »

I think this serves to vindicate Desert Tech to at least a small degree. If mega giant IWI is having issues refining the well-proven Tavor platform in .308, imagine how hard it must be for a small manufacturer to get it right on their very first semi-auto.

maybe, but IWI isn't behind the gun yet and certainly not the nearly two years DT was.  they have officially announced shipping to dealers in july with full production 60-90 days from that point.  if the well is still dry come november then...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 05:05:34 PM by HBeretta » Logged
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2018, 10:41:38 PM »

How would another company having issues releasing a product vindicate DT?

vinキdiキcate
ˈvindəˌkāt/Submit
verb
clear (someone) of blame or suspicion.
"hospital staff were vindicated by the inquest verdict"
synonyms:   acquit, clear, absolve, exonerate; More
show or prove to be right, reasonable, or justified.
"more sober views were vindicated by events"
synonyms:   justify, warrant, substantiate, ratify, authenticate, verify, confirm, corroborate, prove, defend, support, back up, bear out, evidence, endorse
"I had fully vindicated my contention"

AE
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2018, 09:50:38 PM »

maybe, but IWI isn't behind the gun yet and certainly not the nearly two years DT was.  they have officially announced shipping to dealers in july with full production 60-90 days from that point.  if the well is still dry come november then...

True, and they're not setting on anyone's money on a bunch of preorders...or did I miss something?
hillbillyjim
^

« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2018, 09:46:52 PM »

I知 in no hurry for one I have two scars and a galil 308.  As long as they put out a working product they will get my money.  If they release a pos like dt did I might go for a mr762
boscoman

« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2018, 10:55:13 AM »

I知 in no hurry for one I have two scars and a galil 308.  As long as they put out a working product they will get my money.  If they release a pos like dt did I might go for a mr762

I can wait if what is happening as I have been told is that any nagging issues with the rifle are being corrected / worked out. I expect nothing but a typical quality battle ready rifle from IWI. They will also be getting my $$ (pre-ordered).

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2018, 02:03:29 PM »

Same here...except ill keep my 13.5" LMT MWS instead.
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2018, 08:02:46 PM »

I can wait if what is happening as I have been told is that any nagging issues with the rifle are being corrected / worked out. I expect nothing but a typical quality battle ready rifle from IWI. They will also be getting my $$ (pre-ordered).

I didn't realize IWI was taking pre-order money.  Interesting.
boscoman

« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2018, 10:36:56 PM »

I知 in no hurry for one I have two scars and a galil 308.  As long as they put out a working product they will get my money.  If they release a pos like dt did I might go for a mr762

I didn't realize IWI was taking pre-order money.  Interesting.

The pre orders were with Quantico Tactical for military , LE, & public safety.

TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2018, 10:05:49 AM »

from boscoman, "The pre orders were with Quantico Tactical for military , LE, & public safety."

Ahh...that's good, but at least IWI isn't taking and holding on to customer pre-order money with delays.  That's a situation I'd have issue with.
boscoman

« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2018, 11:27:00 AM »

No charge until the weapon ships from IWI.

TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2018, 05:45:38 PM »

No charge until the weapon ships from IWI.

Well...that's even better...LOL!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length