Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2018, 03:36:00 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  2018 update
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: 2018 update  (Read 16264 times)
INV136
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2018, 01:51:23 PM »

"Shortly after this update went out, we received news from our MIM supplier stating that they were able to speed up the schedule of the MDR side panels, allowing a sooner than expected ramp up. This information was not announced publicly but was released to our customers on the direct pre-order list and many of our dealers."

Hmmmmmmm. I placed my pre-paid order through their website and I never received any notification about this.  Huh?
bpguy

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2018, 06:09:59 PM »

Why are you guys so surprised that they outsourced parts overseas.  I told you back in October that they were doing this but no one believed me I guess.  And this is not the only part that is outsourced overseas either.

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=12382.msg132174#msg132174

"If they can get their parts from Malaysia in a timely fashion and their prints are fully defined with tolerances that allow for stack up then there is no need for the QC department to "Learn" what is acceptable.  The part is either good or its not.  If it is not to print then it is rejected.  Simple as that.  Outsourcing can be a nightmare say the least and has to do with a lot of DT problems.  When you can not control your own destiny you have to rely on others and when they fall down you do to.  That is why it is key to having good suppliers.  It is the continual lies that DT tells that gets to me.  The truth shall set you free."
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2018, 07:33:12 PM »

Eh?  Box certainly claims otherwise, although I suppose mine has non-Malaysian ejection covers.  (Doesn't stop it from needing to go back, sadly  Angry )
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2018, 07:36:02 PM »

The update is 'ok,' put in context of all the prior ones.

This is the largest number of MDR 'pieces' we've seen to date.  So regardless of how many pieces are missing from the videos, it's a lot more than has been seen to date, so - we'll see.

Here's hoping once mine eventually goes back for the charging handle failure to lock back, they've also sorted the mag release and no one else sees charging handle issues.
Dogslayer

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2018, 07:53:01 PM »

If they show you a picture of 1,000 barrels and 2 ejection panels they can assemble 1 rifle.

Dogslayer
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2018, 08:02:55 PM »

Why are you guys so surprised that they outsourced parts overseas.  I told you back in October that they were doing this but no one believed me I guess.  And this is not the only part that is outsourced overseas either.

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=12382.msg132174#msg132174

"If they can get their parts from Malaysia in a timely fashion and their prints are fully defined with tolerances that allow for stack up then there is no need for the QC department to "Learn" what is acceptable.  The part is either good or its not.  If it is not to print then it is rejected.  Simple as that.  Outsourcing can be a nightmare say the least and has to do with a lot of DT problems.  When you can not control your own destiny you have to rely on others and when they fall down you do to.  That is why it is key to having good suppliers.  It is the continual lies that DT tells that gets to me.  The truth shall set you free."

How did you come to know this information before anyone else here??
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2018, 01:27:09 AM »

if they were going to outsource abroad then they should've just went straight to Slovenia and had Arex handle it all.
bpguy

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2018, 10:24:30 AM »

[/quote]

[/quote]
I have been around a long time and know many people in high places.  I knew this information way before the October post but just never said anything on this forum.  But since DT continued to tell lies about all the real problems and issues they are having, I shared one of the ones that I wanted to let out of the bag.  If they do not start to come clean with all of you, there may be more.  As you know I continue to call them out to see if they will share the "TRUTH"
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2018, 10:37:59 AM »

so much for made in the USA....DT...you are sinking with this platform...outsourcing parts now to a foreign country....I'd rather have IWI knowing it has US and Isreali parts not some Asian cheap manufactured crap...makes you wonder...what else is being outsourced on the gun...
Ditcher
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2018, 11:12:13 AM »

[/quote]
I have been around a long time and know many people in high places.  I knew this information way before the October post but just never said anything on this forum.  But since DT continued to tell lies about all the real problems and issues they are having, I shared one of the ones that I wanted to let out of the bag.  If they do not start to come clean with all of you, there may be more.  As you know I continue to call them out to see if they will share the "TRUTH"
[/quote]

They gone this long with out tell us so I don't think anything is going to change so you might as well tell us.
reason

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2018, 03:21:18 PM »

FYI :

* 726E5102-6C46-45C4-8FF4-9E7566152641.png (726.9 KB, 1125x2001 - viewed 314 times.)
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2018, 04:26:55 PM »

Looks like DT can't handle the truth...what they are doing is nothing more than PR control
JesseJames38

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2018, 04:59:38 PM »

I seen this posted last night before going to sleep.  I also remember seeing one of the post above it that was deleted. From what I remember seeing of the previous post was the person accusing of desert tech of getting the parts made in Malaysia.  I am unsure if that is true.      And then him ranting about how its no longer made in the USA. which part I agree with. And stating that they are charging for Made in America Prices, but not being made in the states.

Over all I still think its poor sport on DT side of things.  They made there bed.  slept in it. and now casting blame on others.  So many opportunities missed by this company. All to often they always say something ahead of time in which they don't know. Or over estimate there achievements.

This is just my option but to me it makes sense why the rifles are not shipping.      I personally believe they did get news that they would be receiving there MIM parts soon. And they looked at it as, (Hey lets stop milling these parts as they are on there way.) which stopped progress of the rifles in hopes of receiving them soon to.  Uh oh,     we cant get the parts.   and we cant ship out any rifles for a month or two.   which would lead us to this point of the update.

I am interesting to see what they have to say at this year Shot show.     I am sure they will be having many dealers coming up to them asking what the hell is going on.   It seems that for the past year and a half the same issues that always comes up.  Having issues with our MIM suppliers.   and at the same time. State they use the same MIM suppliers as other big name company's.

These are just a few of my thoughts. Right or wrong this is how I see them, but always open to other thoughts

Jesse.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2018, 06:19:16 PM »

Honestly...I do not see the reason to go outside the US for MIM...especially not after how they marketed DT as being US made.

I think the biggest question...what other parts are not US made...at this point...if they have a way of doing it in house...just do in house....DT and the MDR project has been doomed by these "vendors" time after time after time after time after time again...
semper paratus
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2018, 07:15:16 PM »

been out on this for a long time - waiting on the 7 - but with all the orders and probably limited places they could turn to in order to get the quantity of parts they would need, it is only expected that some parts be made overseas ---- question I guess is what?  The plastic chassis or the bolt assembly ( the big issue - don't want soft steel going into making of the bolt or having brittle extractors).

good luck to you all 
Dogslayer

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2018, 07:44:35 PM »

That ejection port cover looks like a 5 or 10 minute part at most. They should be able to make
125 of them per day, running them on only one machine, assuming that they have a night shift.
They have multiple CNC mills. Using this as an excuse not to ship rifles is disingenuous at best,
I'm guessing that there are some other problems with the rifles that they are not acknowledging.
Just my opinion...

Dogslayer
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 07:58:26 PM by Dogslayer » Logged
dmitry

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2018, 08:14:53 PM »

Honestly...I do not see the reason to go outside the US for MIM...especially not after how they marketed DT as being US made.

I think the biggest question...what other parts are not US made...at this point...if they have a way of doing it in house...just do in house....DT and the MDR project has been doomed by these "vendors" time after time after time after time after time again...
I don't want to defend Desert Tech here (who have a history of lying and I usually criticize them here).

But is there anything wrong with Desert Tech using Malaysian parts?

Malaysia has its own car industry, so I'm sure the Malaysians know how to make MIM parts.

-

As the for 'Made in the USA' label - all that actually has to mean is that it is assembled in the US. Many companies outsource part of their production to Asia.  Even Apple outsources a lot of its parts manufacturing to China (and I don't have any problem with my iPhone). 

Countries like Malaysia have much lower labor costs compared to the US, so it saves a lot of money to outsource production there, as the workforce and salaries are far cheaper to pay in Malaysia (and the quality can often be very good).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 08:30:07 PM by dmitry » Logged
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2018, 09:24:10 PM »

Actually, you cannot state it is made in the USA without disclosing * with parts made in XYZ country....it is misleading...like what DT has done with the MDR.

Apple does not state they are made here...rather...it is designed in the USA and assembled in China...there are laws pertaining to goods sold in the USA...one must identify the country of origin.

If DT is outsourcing one MIM part...you CAN BET MONEY they have outsourced many other things to foreign manufacturing on this rifle...I really wonder what else.

I 100% agree that other countries can and do make parts better than some companies in the USA...but again this is just another black eye for DT's PR nightmare with this platform.

I really really really want DT to succeed...but they are making it harder and harder for people to believe anything they say or will do.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 09:32:07 PM by thehun » Logged
Ditcher
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2018, 10:49:56 PM »

Think I have only seen one company have listed on thier product "made in China Assembled in the US" but I don't remember who that was now.
Sawdustshot

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2018, 03:24:08 AM »

922r comes to mind with this revelation. You'd think that they're smarter than that even after everything, but can we really be sure?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length