Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2018, 07:35:31 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Podium Bipod for X95
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Podium Bipod for X95  (Read 1215 times)
BBMW

« on: January 05, 2018, 03:48:54 PM »

The podium bipod was a fairly popular accessory for the original SAR.  But obviously the X95 has a completely different pistol grip, so the SAR version won't work for it.  However, given the way the X95's pistol grip works, I can see how such a device could be mounted, or even made as part of a single piece replacement pistol grip.

But the maker never seemed to do anything for the X95.  Does anyone know why, and if they ever will?
boscoman

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 10:57:09 PM »

I wouldn't hold my breath for this accessory being made for the X95. The picatinny rail on the X95 allows for a standard bi pod. This just wasn't as easy on the original Tavor.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
Rastoff

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 04:42:34 PM »

Not sure I see the necessity of this device in any case. A 30 round mag makes for a very nice support when prone.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
tavor hollow

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 10:15:23 AM »

I thought the podium was completely unnecessary. Then one day I said why not I got one I like it. Its just there if you want it. Its like a binary trigger its there if you want it.doesn't mean you can't live without it its just there. I would recommend it for all tavor owners. You can always use an atlas if you want but the podium will still be there. Another bipod I've been kicking around is the swagger bipod mostly for off hand assist. I've used other things for off hand assist.
Heavy

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 10:23:07 PM »

I remember you starting another thread asking the same question awhile back. Then i said it was unlikely since there is actual rail estate on the X95 vs the SAR. However, i have recently seen that FAB defense has started making podium bipods for AK and AR style rifles.

https://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-bipods.html

If these are becoming more popular, and the Tavor 7 has the same interchangeable grip, then an X95 podium could be possible. But of you really want an answer, you need to try the contact page on FAB defense's website. There you can at least let them know there would be some interest in the idea.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 10:25:35 PM by Heavy » Logged
BBMW

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 04:24:59 PM »

Yes, I brought this up when the x95 first hit the market.  It's been a while, so I thought I'd revisit the issue.

The podium seemed very popular for the SAR.  Since they're discontinuing the SAR, it would be logical to offer it for the X95.  Even with the front rail, the podium would still seem to make sense.

I remember you starting another thread asking the same question awhile back. Then i said it was unlikely since there is actual rail estate on the X95 vs the SAR. However, i have recently seen that FAB defense has started making podium bipods for AK and AR style rifles.

https://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-bipods.html

If these are becoming more popular, and the Tavor 7 has the same interchangeable grip, then an X95 podium could be possible. But of you really want an answer, you need to try the contact page on FAB defense's website. There you can at least let them know there would be some interest in the idea.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length