Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2018, 07:36:57 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Charging Handle Both Sides
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Charging Handle Both Sides  (Read 859 times)
Tavortom117
New Posting Member

« on: January 03, 2018, 09:02:35 PM »

Hello All!

I apologize if this has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer.

I want to run a Charging Handle on both sides of my brand new Tavor Sar. I know the manticore switchback advertises that this can be done.  Is this the only option For this?
SteveD

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 09:52:27 PM »

I think it can be done with any charging handle made for the Tavor. I believe there is a part inside the gun that has a hole that allows the charging handle to ride inside it. I don't know off the top of my head if there are holes on both sides but if there isn't you'd have to drill it or something.
boscoman

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 11:18:12 PM »

The plate in the Tavor that the rod runs through does not have a hole on both sides. The plate is flipped when the charging handle is moved to the other side.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
SteveD

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 11:34:08 PM »

Unless someone sells that plate with 2 holes in them, a drill press and some good measuring would be your friend.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 06:57:34 PM »

Unless someone sells that plate with 2 holes in them, a drill press and some good measuring would be your friend.

Bullpup Armory sells them. Used it and another handle to install dual chargers on my X95 before I sold it. Don't forget to remove the pin in the bolt carrier before you attempt to charge it or you may fubar it.

AE
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length