Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2018, 07:36:05 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  .224 valkyrie hype or next ballistic phenom?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: .224 valkyrie hype or next ballistic phenom?  (Read 3299 times)
tavor hollow

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2018, 02:16:01 PM »

I went looking for the interview where the Rep said federal target ammo .22 couldn't find it I was thinking it was a guns America interview from an email. I get way to many e mails from people I don't remember doing business with. Probably 25 or 30 different sights.  Sounds like federal ammo is all in on supporting their new product.
Josefius

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2018, 05:44:07 PM »

Itís another gimmick imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
tavor hollow

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2018, 04:59:58 PM »

If just by chance federal does hit their price point it will be a hell of a gimmick.
SteveD

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2018, 05:15:11 PM »

I saw Palmetto State Armory advertise it for that 50cent mark a week or so ago. Idk if it's sold out by now or not.
Rabies

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2018, 10:39:24 PM »

It's hard for new rounds to gain traction, honestly though unless it's adopted by a military it's going to struggle. Just look at 6.5 creedmore, it's growing but slowly.
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2018, 01:42:02 AM »

It's hard for new rounds to gain traction, honestly though unless it's adopted by a military it's going to struggle. Just look at 6.5 creedmore, it's growing but slowly.

I don't know Rabies...it's funny how 6.5 Creedmoor has been around for just over a decade, but within the last 2 years it's been a relative explosion of interest and sales.  It kind of puttered along for years and then growth accelerated in about the last 2 years.  I don't have a crystal ball, but I contend that the boost came from the booming interest in long range shooting.  The 6.5CM cartridge hits that sweet spot of a bullet that has a great length to diameter to weight to velocity for long range ballistic performance.
Rastoff

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2018, 09:14:26 PM »

6.5 Creedmore has started to push .308Win out of the long distance target shooting game. The price has dropped even with .308 which has made it super popular. Add that it has less recoil and a lot of guys are going to 6.5 Creedmore. The Ruger Precision rifle in 6.5 Creedmore outsells the .308Win by a lot.

That lends credence to the value of this new .224 round. I'd love to shoot one a little and see if it really does have 1,000 yard potential.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length