Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 01:02:30 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  I'm back from the dark side, I see the light again.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I'm back from the dark side, I see the light again.  (Read 305 times)
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: December 07, 2017, 08:22:19 AM »

I've been on an AR kick lately, building and buying ARs.
I was recently about to build an 11.5"  SBR AR, but then I reunited with my X95.  I decided I'm going to buy another X95 in od green instead of the sbr.  The Tavor just has too many advantages over the AR, the Tavors operating system runs so much cleaner, and feels more robust. 

The X95 is such a great weapon, and it is now back at the top of my favorites list.  If SHTF im grabbing my Tavor!
Anyone out there thinking about buying one, do it, you won't regret it!
I don't think I'll ever get rid of any of my other guns, but my Tavor is my most valued weapon.

Side note, if any of you like ARs the colt 6920 trooper is pretty sweet, I got mine for 715$ about a month ago, they were selling really cheap a few months ago, and it's a really great gun.  AR prices are ridiculously good right now for high end ARs.

Here is a picture of my Colt 6920 Trooper next to my Tavor X95
The 6920 has an accupower on it, and the Tavor has a strike eagle on it, I'm going to replace the strike eagle with another accupower soon though.  The accupower is just worlds better than the strike eagle in my opinion.

* 20171207_050431.jpg (1331.43 KB, 2560x1440 - viewed 86 times.)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:24:20 AM by RabbitSlayer » Logged

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
SteveD

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 01:51:56 PM »

Yeah I realized bullpups have major advantages over the AR platform. I would give the AR the accuracy, modularity, and price advantage. Weight distribution is just too good, 6" shorter than your average AR15 or AK, it wins when you know your average combat range will be 100-200 yards, easily. Now I will say if SHTF and I had to travel unknown distances, going over hills and mountains, I might pick my 6lb AR15 (loaded and with optics). My Tavor simply as it is 11lb loaded. But for now, in this suburban/urban city that I live in, Tavor hands down. I also have a DP12. Bullpups, win, period. ESPECIALLY in a shotgun. That thing is hella short and honestly is the only 1 shot stopper imo. #4 nickel plated buckshot is a lot of holes...45 ft I got roughly a 16" group. Aim dead center and that's the whole human torso.
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 02:10:31 PM »

Welcome back. I've never been one for standard profile guns, so it'd take something miraculous to make me choose one over a bullpup for practical usage.
Dragoon
Banned

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 07:02:04 PM »

I'm more or less done with regular firearms, bullpups fo life!
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length