Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2018, 11:30:04 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  RDB Tactical News?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RDB Tactical News?  (Read 5061 times)
lee1000

« on: December 01, 2017, 11:31:08 PM »

Anybody have any news on the RDB Tactical model? Thanks
slowcorrado

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 12:11:18 AM »

x2
lee1000

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 01:12:11 PM »

They don't an official release date set. They said hopefully 2018.
Bullpup777

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 04:58:33 PM »

My guess is there's an RDB Gen 2 in the works which will incorporate the Tactical platform as well as improvements to the original design.
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 07:08:29 PM »

There is no need for an RDB Tactical variant. Lee Majors has created a tactical handguard that is has Mlok slots, is lighter than the OEM handguard, and eliminates POI shift due to resting the forend on a rest or bipods. You should contact him if you want to purchase one.
savagebrother

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 09:46:42 PM »

Yes I agree especially if the tactical is going to have some type of updated hand guard.
SB
lee1000

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 12:14:11 AM »

There is no need for an RDB Tactical variant. Lee Majors has created a tactical handguard that is has Mlok slots, is lighter than the OEM handguard, and eliminates POI shift due to resting the forend on a rest or bipods. You should contact him if you want to purchase one.

I don't own yet but hope to.
lee1000

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 12:15:23 AM »

My guess is there's an RDB Gen 2 in the works which will incorporate the Tactical platform as well as improvements to the original design.

I hope they name it a gen 2 also, sick of the word tactical.
Potss
^

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 10:08:52 PM »

How does the aftermarket handguard do that if it doesn't free-float the barrel?  That is what is needed on the Gen II.
lee1000

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 10:08:38 PM »

Any updates from Shot Show?
lee1000

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 03:43:38 AM »

Nothing?
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 12:47:53 AM »

This forum section is dead man. It seems noone posts here.
savagebrother

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 11:07:56 PM »

Potts there is more than one way to accuraize a barrel. Free floating is one way, adding a brace or stiffener in another way. There are several on the market especially comes to mind for the Ruger mini 14.
The replacement hand guard does this by quieting down barrel harmonics. I think if we could attach the back of this handguard it would really tighten groups up.
SB
Potss
^

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2018, 11:42:48 PM »

I'm well aware, there have even been precision bolt guns that use clamped barrels to get rid of harmonics, not to mention the tension barrel designs.  Thing is, generally for semi-auto platforms it is way easier and less of a headache to just free float the f***er, especially if you are going to put a lot of force on the bipod.  There is a reason pretty much all precision rifle designs now, whether they be semi or bolt, go free floated.  Perhaps that is not possible with the RDB without serious redesign, I don't know.  I do know that it looks like it could be done if Kel Tec wanted to.  I also know I'd like to see someone with one of the aftermarket handguards do some group testing with it vs. the stock handguard to see how much of an improvement it really is.
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 04:44:31 PM »

I am considering buying a brand new factory RDB to keep stock as my primary RDB, and using my current RDB for tinkering/experimenting. I would forgo the warranty, but try doing things like pinning, staking and welding all loose screws/areas/weak points. Reinforcing weak areas, drilling attachment points into the frame for the handguard in order to free float the barrel, etc. Like, I would be willing to seriously cut into the rifle. Well not me, but I would pay my gunsmith to execute all my ideas, lol.   What do you guys think?
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length