Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 12:59:31 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Anyone have luck with hard primers?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Anyone have luck with hard primers?  (Read 596 times)
SteveD

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 12:28:18 AM »

I did notice at the range that the primers are also set in a bit more than my brown bear ammo, which of course makes it harder to ignite the primer. Double whammy. Hard primer and/or primer seated a bit far in. As of now I tried modifying my $10 enhanced firing pin to try and make it work in my AR15 with the Echo Trigger but no dice.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 09:17:26 PM »

That sucks, sorry to hear it man.

I'm glad I didn't buy any of that stuff ( bad lot of golden tiger ).
I understand 16 cents a round is attractive, but if you handload 223 you can handload fmj for about the same price.

I bought some bulk FMJ bullets, and components in bulk that equal out to 15 cents a completed cartridge.
6 cents per bullet, 7 cents per powder charge, 2 cents per primer, and I have a metric s*** load of once fired brass I've saved up = ~15 cents a shot.  I even have some soft points I can handload for similar cost.

If I were you, I would just sell the remainder of the stuff on either the AK files or Ar15.com, cut your losses and move on.

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
Leonitus

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2017, 09:20:21 PM »

Great suggestion.....
SteveD

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2017, 10:49:05 PM »

They work great in my AR15 tho hehe. Yeah I'm tryin to get rid of em. But at least they go bang in one of my guns.
bbies1973

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 08:36:31 AM »

Just for the sake of humoring the rest of us, have you tried shooting this “hard” stuff with the factory IWI sear pack?

I had some issues with some Lake City surplus getting light strikes. Looking at the cartridges, I could see that the primers were actually set in deeper than they should have been. They were also “staked” in, which I thought was really weird and added an extra step to clean up the pocket before I could reload them. Anyway, when I tried them with the original OEM sear pack, instead of my aftermarket one, they fired 100%.

If nothing more than for the sake of entertainment, give it a try.
SteveD

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 12:11:27 PM »

I'll give it a shot I guess.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length