Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2018, 05:10:27 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Anyone run an Eotech on their Tavor?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Anyone run an Eotech on their Tavor?  (Read 7809 times)
Jwill

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2017, 03:49:45 PM »

I took a gamble on the Di Optical Eg1c which has a reticle similar to the eotech and i have been very happy with it thus far.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 02:26:14 AM by Jwill » Logged
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2017, 05:27:15 PM »

I took a gamble on the Di Optical Eg1c which has a teticle similar to the eotech and i have been very happy with it thus far.

Woa, that looks awesome for an etched reticle.  Anyone with an astigmatism try this optic out?
5000 hour battery life is nothing to sneeze at.  How is the glass clarity?

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
Jwill

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2017, 02:27:29 AM »

I find the glass clarity pretty good but the only comparison I have is an aimpoint comp m4.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2017, 03:35:06 AM »

Still need to figure out a better way to mount this surefire light, but this works for now.  Very bright durable light for 50$, it's the c model.  I use the d model at work for handheld, and c model for guns.

I'm feeling the eotech right now.

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
Rastoff

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2017, 01:45:08 PM »

What kind of light mount do you have there?

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2017, 05:18:45 PM »

What kind of light mount do you have there?

Mount

http://palmettostatearmory.com/elzetta-zorm-tactical-flashlight-mount.html

Light

http://www.surefire.com/g2x-tactical.html

The mount is pretty nice, it's really easy to use, and you don't need any tools to take it on and off ( but you do need an allen to attatch the light, it comes with one though ).  So you can use it on different guns in a few seconds.  Very sturdy.  It is perfect for AR15s, but I think I am going to get an offset one for the Tavor.

Edited to add quick links
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 05:26:23 PM by RabbitSlayer » Logged

-Thomas Jefferson
Rastoff

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2017, 05:49:37 PM »

Thanks for the links. I already have a G2X light. I like it.

This is way off topic, but I just ordered a Streamlight TLR-1s and am going to try it on the X95. I like the super low profile.

EDIT:
Here is how mine is mounted (Note: this is not the G2X light)

* LIght Mounted (1 of 1).jpg (623.92 KB, 1000x667 - viewed 169 times.)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 06:06:32 PM by Rastoff » Logged

Freedom isn't free.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2017, 06:00:39 PM »

Thanks for the links. I already have a G2X light. I like it.

This is way off topic, but I just ordered a Streamlight TLR-1s and am going to try it on the X95. I like the super low profile.

It might be the perfect profile for the Tavor rails.  I've seen my friends run them on pistols ( The light gets covered in carbon from muzzle blast ), but I haven't seen them run on rifles in person.   Let me know how you like it.

-Thomas Jefferson
SteveD

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2017, 03:30:14 AM »

I used to run the TLR-1 on the standard rail at the 2'o clock position. It's easy and nice. Barely adjust your hand and switch it on if you have the OG forend. If you have an aftermarket rail where you can mount it near the 3 o clock position possibly near a vertical grip; it should feel a lot better and easy.
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2017, 05:06:53 PM »

Sentinel Concepts
Has a video from a Year ago doing 5 10 100 200 and 300 yard drills with Tom Alibrando from IWI Looks like he has a Mepro RDS and has his light mounted on the Right side : Shooting right handed No Magnification : I realize some of you guys regardless of age can't not use magnification. But unless you need it or are shooting groups why have it?
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2018, 12:01:37 AM »

Congrats on your Eotech Rabbit. Looks good. On the flashlight mount Bullpuparmory had a 90 degree mount I believe. I made my own and bent a 45 with a vice, pliers and a torch. I have the Powertac E5  and if you hold the X95 using the cutlass IDF style the bump on button is right there that makes it stupid simple and natural. The strobe H/L button is a finger tip away as well.

* light.jpg (2589.69 KB, 3264x1836 - viewed 170 times.)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 08:42:00 PM by rjhyland » Logged
Rastoff

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2018, 02:15:25 PM »

I realize some of you guys regardless of age can't not use magnification. But unless you need it or are shooting groups why have it?
As you say, it really depends on the primary purpose.

With the X95 I shoot out to 100 yards. I usually shoot with a timer and try to press myself to shoot quickly, but realistically. I have shot with red dots (Trijicon, EOTech, Vortex, Aimpoint, Primary Arms), fixed magnicfication (ACOG) and variable (Vortex, Leatherwood) optics. What I've learned is that I shoot better with magnification, but don't seem to lose any speed.

Speed of acquisition is the main reason the red dot is such a good sight. I might be a tad faster with one if my eyes were better. However, what my own testing has shown, is that I'm not.

Also, I found with variable scopes, I left them on 3x or 4x 99% of the time anyway. So, I've come down to the ACOG and am not likely to change any time soon. That's just me.

I love the EOTech reticle and think it's one of the best in the business. If I had an EOTech, it would be the EXPS2-2 because of the extra dot to help with compensated shots. Still, the limited battery life is why I would rather have the MRO even though it only has a single dot. Of course the ACOG with no need for batteries is the best for me.

Freedom isn't free.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2018, 04:59:38 PM »

I realize some of you guys regardless of age can't not use magnification. But unless you need it or are shooting groups why have it?

Good optics can be force multipliers.  It isn't that one needs magnification to get hits, it's that the magnification can make it easier.  I go back and forth, but ultimately 1-4x optics are my favorite.  The Eotech is fun for now, but I'll most likely toss a magnified optic of some type on it again in the future.  The thing about 1-4 optics, is that you need one with good glass to reap the benefit.  I know everyone loves strike eagles, but I think they are garbage compared to scopes with better glass.

Even at 50 yards, a little bit of magnification can really help a lot.

-Thomas Jefferson
Rastoff

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2018, 05:30:10 PM »

I agree with what RabbitSlayer just said. The Vortex Strike Eagle is a good low end scope, but it is still low end.

There is a reason the RazorŪ HD Gen II lists for $2K. If you have the green, it's worth it. Same reason I plunked down the cash for an ACOG rather than a Primary Arms.

Freedom isn't free.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2018, 08:08:05 PM »

Ya it's funny how people go drop like 2,000$ on a gun, but then want to run 100-200$ optics.
If they applied the same mentality to what guns they buy, they would be running hi points.

-Thomas Jefferson
Rastoff

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2018, 09:13:53 PM »

Let me know how you like it.
Just got the TLR-1s in and mounted on the X95:

I think I like this location the best. Very low profile and easy to operate. In this location the barrel does cast a little shadow, but I don't find it an issue. When I use this in a night class next month, I'll know more about how I like it. Right now, it's the best light I've used.

Freedom isn't free.
Shrike30

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2018, 03:58:01 PM »

On the subject of lights, I ended up running an Inforce WML on my x95, at 1030 with a Thorntail mount hooked to the 9oclock rail.  This works pretty well for where I hold my hand normally, and got really easy to operate after I put a Thenar (basically a 1" peg with a QD socket on the end for the front of my sling) on the 9oclock rail so that the web between my left thumb and forefinger hits it and stops my left hand from moving any further forward on the rifle.  This leaves my thumb right on top of the thumb button for the WML, and a similar layout should work for most pushbutton or end-switch type lights.
NotBlake

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2018, 06:54:56 PM »

I really love the sight picture on EOTechs, plus the nice open window, clear optics, and general form factor/design. If you don't care about these factors, go with a red dot not a laser hologram sight.

* Photo-1.JPG (392.97 KB, 1000x575 - viewed 158 times.)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length