Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 17, 2018, 01:27:26 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Anyone run an Eotech on their Tavor?
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Anyone run an Eotech on their Tavor?  (Read 5882 times)
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: November 29, 2017, 08:05:10 PM »

If so, how did you like it?

I've run Aimpoints, and 1-4 variable power optics on it.  Right now I can get some really good deals on Eotechs and I have been thinking about running one.

Anyone here have any bad/good experiences with Eotechs in general?

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
Rastoff

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 11:23:55 PM »

I had an EOTech on my AR for a long time. I liked it a lot.

There is one problem; battery life.

The EOTech only stays on for 4 or 8 hours depending on how you turn it on. For most people this isn't an issue. For self-defense, always on is better.  So, I switched from the EOTech and went to an ACOG. I really like the reticle in the EOTech though.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
MajorKong

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 01:41:14 AM »

I got a HHS1 on my X95. 

http://www.eotechinc.com/holographic-weapon-sights/holographic-hybrid-sight-I-exps3-4-with-g33sts-magnifier

The only consideration I would point out, is that for Eotech Sights with side buttons and/or factory equipped quick detach levers your normal height BUIS will co-witness in the lower 1/3 of the window instead of in the center of the window. 

The Eotech is a taller than normal optic.  With a scope mounted on my Tavor SAR I have to run a rail riser to increase sight height and get a good cheekweld.  With the Eotech on my X95, the sight is tall enough that I don't need a riser. 

Otherwise, no negatives to report and no regrets for having purchased it. 

SteveD

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 04:04:57 PM »

If you haven't already try looking into the Holsun HS510C. Managed to snag mine for $225 after they used to sell for $200. Now they can be around $300 cause people caught on. Has Eotech style reticle with the aimpoint battery life, solar capability, auto shut off and auto wake feature. I simply don't like the battery life of an Eotech, no matter how good of an optic it can be. I also hate rebates. I really like the auto wake and shut off feature that has worked so far. Lets me keep on the circle dot reticle which is 20k hours always on compared to 50k hours of red dot only, but since it shuts off by itself, it might as well last well over 50k hours if the battery doesn't fail.
VASCAR2

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 04:05:20 PM »

I run my Tavor SAR with a YHM E O Tech riser mount and a E O Tech 512 with Lithium batteries.  I read the YHM riser mount for the EO Tech is out of production.  I tried my Strike Eagle on my Tavor but for how I use my Tavor I prefer my 512.
Desert Kraut

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 07:19:14 PM »

I don't own a Tavor. I have a M17S 5.56 and run a Eotech 512 on it and love it. Yes, you do not have the battery life that other optics have but it is definitely in the upper echelon of optics one could choose for one's bullpup, IMHO. I love the holographic sight because I can acquire my target quickly and accurately, even with my old eyes.
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 07:40:59 PM »

Take a good hard look at the Mepro RDS sight. Itís a great optic with a very crisp 1.8 moa dot. The glass is CRYSTAL clear. The battery life is really good and itís extremely rugged. It sits at Tavor height and co witnesses perfect with both the x95 and sar. The Eotech is AR height... You need risers to get a comfy cheekweld, especially when firing prone. The battery life literally sucks compared to just about every other modern sight. They are known to drift zero by many many moa in certain heat conditions like the trunk of a car in the summer. I read more than a couple articles about police officers having wild zero drift due to their ARís staying locked in the trucks of patrol cars.

The RDS does everything the Eotech does but better... battery life, toughness, zero retention, price all go to the RDS. It was made for the x95/sar series, enough said!  Tongue
Rastoff

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 12:53:29 AM »

They are known to drift zero by many many moa in certain heat conditions like the trunk of a car in the summer.
Well, they did have a zero drift issue, but it wasn't several MOA. And, it was only in extreme temperatures. But that has been corrected and they don't have that issue now.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Tommydogg

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 01:57:16 PM »

I'm running a 512 and an X3 multiplier on mine.  Pretty accurate for my eyes!
Desert Kraut

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 02:52:48 PM »

What 3x are you using with yours Tommydog?
Beach Bill

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 05:35:18 PM »

I am running an EOTech 512 on my 9mm Tavor and have been very satisfied with it. I like that it runs on two AA batteries. (I keep it fed with lithium batteries.)

I have two 223 Tavors and currently running 1-4x scopes on both of those. On one of these, I previously ran an EOTech XPS2 sight (which is currently doing duty on a Colt M4 carbine). Recently I have been considering restoring the EOTech XPS2 to one of the 223 Tavors, and I seriously considered buying another EOTech XPS for the other tavor. Another sight I have been admiring and considering is the Hartman MH1.

Bottom Line. Very satisfied with my EOTechs.
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 07:48:24 PM »

They are known to drift zero by many many moa in certain heat conditions like the trunk of a car in the summer.
Well, they did have a zero drift issue, but it wasn't several MOA. And, it was only in extreme temperatures. But that has been corrected and they don't have that issue now.

Good to know. Thanks!
Leonitus

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 11:00:02 AM »

If you decide to run an EOTech, I would suggest one of the EXPS models. The transverse mounted battery does away with the battery spring contact issues. It is also a bit shorter.

I have been running a Comp M4s or Mepro M21 mostly
Tommydogg

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 01:17:03 AM »

What 3x are you using with yours Tommydog?

I'm sorry. I missed this, it's also Eotech.
bbies1973

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 07:04:36 AM »

I really like the reticle in the EOTech though.
This is what has always kept me coming back to EOTech sights. The first one was on my .308 AR, and has never left it. Another one stays on my Tavor SAR. The 3rd one bounces around from rifle to rifle, depending on which toy I'm playing with at the time.

The 3v CR123A batteries aren't as expensive as they used to be, and you can also get the version of EOTech that takes AAs if you prefer.
Hkbeltfed

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 07:16:13 AM »

Take a good hard look at the Mepro RDS sight. Itís a great optic...

I don't want to derail this thread, but the Mepro RDS is a turd. I'm on my 3rd one, something came loose in the first one, the 2nd had a "Velcro" looking defect that ran under the reticle, and 3rd one does too as well as blinking off for a second when first turned on. I'm wondering if all of them have this Velcro looking reflection? Turn yours up in a dark room and look. Regardless, I'm done with this month long ordeal each time for exchange and I'll just live with it. Current Eotech XPS-2, 512, Aimpoint T1, Hensoldt RSA, Trijicon MRO, etc, etc owner.
Bullpup777

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 08:52:50 AM »

The Holosun HS510c is an excellent alternative to an Eotech.  It combines the very best features of an eotech and red dot.  Definitely check them out.  I am running one on my X95.
Leonitus

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2017, 09:14:41 AM »

MeproLight M21 on my x95 now
SteveD

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2017, 05:17:14 PM »

If you're on a budget Botach has the Holosun 510c back in stock. Shoot em an offer for $225 got me one last time. i wonder if they would go for $200. I like it so much better that I replaced my Aimpoint Pro.
Rubi-9

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2017, 03:06:24 PM »

The Eotech's are really good if you have an astigmatism.  The holosun's like most red dots show me 2 dots.  Loved my eotech but returned it back to them a year or so ago.  Though I would not hesitate to buy another.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length