Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2018, 10:27:56 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  Carrying case for RDB?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Carrying case for RDB?  (Read 1840 times)
Mic214

« on: November 29, 2017, 10:32:09 AM »

I just bought an RDB and I am hoping to have it in hand by next week. I was wondering what case/bag you guys are carrying yours in? I am looking for something that is a packpack style and is low profile.

I found this on the net and it looks like it might work for the RDB:

http://www.511tactical.com/covrt-m4-shorty.html
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 03:12:36 AM »

28.5” internal space should hold an RDB unless it has an extended muzzle device on it.
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 03:14:48 AM »

I don’t see how that amount of space would hold an M4 though. Too small unless broken down. If the RDB is too big, just break it down.
Mic214

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 09:12:29 PM »

I found this one as well. It is made by UTG. It is 30" long and the main compartment can be divided for carrying two guns. I also like the separate pockets on the front of the case for gear/mags:

https://www.cheaperthandirt.net/product/utg-abc-sling-pack-30-multi-firearm-case-w-electric-blue-4712274529533.do?rev=r2&gclid=Cj0KCQiAmITRBRCSARIsAEOZmr7FzPUJMknvNJkNLvTwRj8s76MOprHGESIjadqG4iBs5AT-swn6RSgaAmpREALw_wcB
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 11:25:08 PM »

I found this one as well. It is made by UTG. It is 30" long and the main compartment can be divided for carrying two guns. I also like the separate pockets on the front of the case for gear/mags:

https://www.cheaperthandirt.net/product/utg-abc-sling-pack-30-multi-firearm-case-w-electric-blue-4712274529533.do?rev=r2&gclid=Cj0KCQiAmITRBRCSARIsAEOZmr7FzPUJMknvNJkNLvTwRj8s76MOprHGESIjadqG4iBs5AT-swn6RSgaAmpREALw_wcB

I got one of those for my KSG. It's not a bad bag, but I feel it could be better. Haven't put it through any hard use, and some of the stitching is coming apart already. It's rather bulky too.
Mic214

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 09:46:35 AM »

I got one of those for my KSG. It's not a bad bag, but I feel it could be better. Haven't put it through any hard use, and some of the stitching is coming apart already. It's rather bulky too.

Thanks for the info. I am looking for something low profile for my RDB to throw in the truck and I like the idea of being able to carry some spare mags and other gear with it. This bag seems like it would be ok for the price…
docfuji

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 10:13:54 AM »

It DOES fit in the 5.11 M4 bag.  I have one that I bought for my MSAR STG before I got my RDB.  I like the 5.11 bag, but it's kind of on the large side-it doesn't SCREAM Tactical...but it doesn't look like a regular backpack, either.  I think there are better low profile, low price options.  For example, my RDB also fits in a Wilson Tennis Racket bag-you can get them from WalMart or Target for about $25.  You can stash a few extra magazines in the bag's zippered pouch in the front, but they will slide around unless you have them in some sort of bandoleer or pouches.  Even then the pouches may slide around, but your mags will stay together. 
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length