Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 22, 2018, 04:33:17 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  MDR kitting out
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: MDR kitting out  (Read 10108 times)
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2018, 10:29:18 PM »

Looking at the two photos you have,  One it looks like the MDR has a shorter length of pull and in the second one it looks like it has a longer length of pull. so I am confused which one is the shorter LOP rifle,  dang out I hate optical illusions.

Jesse
Good point. Will just measure both tomorrow... Was going to wait for the pic with AUG until after mounting the optic but thought it was an interesting pic so took a quickie potato pic.
Slateman
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2018, 09:39:57 AM »

So what suppressor?

I'm probably going to get a Rugged Surge. Great muzzle devices and has a K configuration built in.
wagrn
^

« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2018, 12:09:00 PM »

I have both the surge and razor, find myself using the razor more.  Both are good. Thinking about getting a sandman s next.  LGS has amtacs on sell, but with all the mdr problems think I will stick with qd cans for now.
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2018, 09:49:32 PM »

Looking at the two photos you have,  One it looks like the MDR has a shorter length of pull and in the second one it looks like it has a longer length of pull. so I am confused which one is the shorter LOP rifle,  dang out I hate optical illusions.

Jesse
Good point. Will just measure both tomorrow... Was going to wait for the pic with AUG until after mounting the optic but thought it was an interesting pic so took a quickie potato pic.

Measured both the AUG and MDR LOP - charged/trigger reset in straight line to rear of stock center is pretty near identical at ~15" to end of buttstock.
Potss
^

« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2018, 11:45:51 PM »

A Q Trash Panda or Thunder Chicken is a better choice, especially for a platform that is sensitive to back pressure.
cjgemm
^

« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2018, 12:48:39 PM »

So what suppressor?

I'm probably going to get a Rugged Surge. Great muzzle devices and has a K configuration built in.

OSS or Tranquilo.

Everything else mentioned is a conventional design that will have back pressure/blow back.  While 7.62 cans work OK on 5.56 cases with less than 30gns of powder anything more than that will make you cry....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length