Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 01:05:43 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  MDR kitting out
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: MDR kitting out  (Read 2032 times)
whiskey91lima

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2017, 07:17:26 PM »

Did anyone get the RDS from Desert Tech with their MDR? Any info on the quality of the optic? Does it ship with the gun?
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 04:35:46 PM »

Minor progress - some stuff made it today.  Still waiting on optic, optic mount, light and 3 slot pic rail.
OP still remains at 1-8 days on the DMRii - looks like the non-illuminated were in stock, waiting on Bushnell for the illuminated.  Meh.
Have ammo finally at least, and a way to mount the bipod, so worst case becomes a borrowed optic if Bushnell and/or OP doesn't ship my optic soon.
Glorfindel

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 04:05:58 PM »

Still no gun to wear it, but I have all the outfits and jewelry collected now that my Leupold finally came.

Optics - VX-6HD 3-18x44 with Bobro mount (Planning to add Shield CQS with offset mount on the gas block picatinny)

Suppressor - OSS Gen IV. Already have suppressor handguard.

Sling - VTAC 2-point padded

Bipod - Atlas V8 with QD MLOK mount - I don't expect this will be mounted 100% of the time, hence the QD.

Weapon light -  LaserMax Manta Ray; not sure if this is going to work well with the outsize handguard.

Magazines - Lancer 20 rounders and a couple of 25ers.

The products of three years of anticipation and planning for this rifle to arrive. Thankfully, everything but the handguard is transferrable to a POF Revolution if I end up throwing in the towel or the rifle is not everything I hoped and dreamed of.
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 07:15:16 PM »

Suppressor - OSS Gen IV. Already have suppressor handguard.

I'm sure we ALL want to know the results on that combo! Smiley

Looks like possible snow Friday but still planning on making it shooting either Sat or Sunday at this point.
Glorfindel

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 08:22:13 PM »

No idea how it'll run with the gun, of course, but I've confirmed that the gen IV fits just fine under the oversize handguard if that's what you mean.
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 09:49:50 PM »

No idea how it'll run with the gun, of course, but I've confirmed that the gen IV fits just fine under the oversize handguard if that's what you mean.

Overall performance of the OSS plus on the MDR as there aren't many of either out there.
Mr. Business
^

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 03:01:47 PM »

I have the same. I used the supplied short M-Lok screws to mount a sling mount (to be a Harris bipod base) and a 3 o-clock rail section for an Inforce weapon light. The suppressor has maybe 2mm clearance left and when mounted on the barrel might actually hit the little M-Lok tabs. I can always dremel down the tabs I guess. Also have 8 20rd .308 Pmags and a Primary Arms 1-8x Platinum waiting for my MDR.
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 07:26:22 PM »

So USPS temporarily 'lost' the optic mount, sitting at USPS since Dec 2nd, then just 'delayed' until I filed a complaint, then it showed up magically yesterday.

Optics Planet - ordered 'in stock' Nov 26th.  Eventually my order email updates to 1-8 days.  2x 8 days later, my online order still shows 'waiting on item.'  Calling them said 'maybe end of Jan.'  Awesome.  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Meanwhile, I got a decent deal on some bulk 147gr bulk M80 PMC ball ammo for blasting rounds. 

Have  bunch of family stuff coming up so my window to go shoot is pretty much this weekend, which will have to be with a borrowed lower-powered optic. 
This is frustrating.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length