Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 22, 2018, 04:39:49 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Geissele Trigger for AUG - Any Update?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Geissele Trigger for AUG - Any Update?  (Read 2338 times)
spyderco monkey

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 06:42:09 PM »

Have you considered the AR Gold trigger?

https://americantrigger.com/triggers/ar-gold-what-makes-it-different/

"The AR GOLD contains a second “intercepting” sear which will block the hammer if it’s jarred off of the primary sear with the trigger forward, yet still allows the weapon to be fired without re-cocking."

Here's how the interceptor sear works- this might solve any problems with drop testing:
https://youtu.be/FDITsECVUaU?t=1m13s
Corvus Defensio

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 08:47:44 AM »

Thanks for the hint, spyderco monkey!

We did not try the AR Gold Trigger so far. But we tried another trigger that is advertised as 100% drop safe that also has an additional hammer sear. Our tests showed 75% drop safe... . And that when dropped not even the full height of a NATO drop test. And again we do not claim that this trigger will also fail the drop test when used in an AR15.
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2018, 01:09:13 AM »

I can't see Geissele holding back a product just for an upcoming import that may not even be as successful as the ones already imported long ago or the ones recently manufactured here. I have a Steyr Aug A3 and would buy a Geissele trigger pack if they were to release one. I don't have any complaints about the Aug trigger, but, if Geissele could design a reliable and better trigger pack, I would get one. I never trusted those Neu triggers and the other (Neu trigger alternative) modification to the Aug trigger for reliability. A Geissele product I would trust. Shooting Star also has good reviews on their triggers. I never got a chance to try out the trigger that Ratworks was supposed to bring to market. 

The 2020 replacement sear is highly unlikely to cause any issues, as it's simply a metal, slicker replacement for the OE piece, extended to take up the slack in what would be the 'deeper trigger pull' on an FA AUG.
spyderco monkey

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2018, 07:33:09 PM »

Thanks for the hint, spyderco monkey!

We did not try the AR Gold Trigger so far. But we tried another trigger that is advertised as 100% drop safe that also has an additional hammer sear. Our tests showed 75% drop safe... . And that when dropped not even the full height of a NATO drop test. And again we do not claim that this trigger will also fail the drop test when used in an AR15.

For drop safety, does the "front sear" used in the FA AUG help to increase drop safety? I know FN originally left the sear in place on the PS90 and FS2000 as a drop safety mechanism, and those trigger packs are basically identical to the AUG.

The other option worth considering is a metal hammer / sear combo for the AUG?

We already have the 2020 aluminum sear, which is supposedly quite good.

Then there is the aluminum hammer for the PS90, which is designed to have a shorter pull. And the PS90 trigger pack is essentially a clone of the AUG:

A metal hammer / sear would allow three things
-tighter machining tolerance (possibly through wire EDM machining) for a crisper break
-Self lubricating coatings like anodized Teflon/ Nickel Teflon for reduced friction
-a heavier metal hammer would allow a weaker hammer spring, reducing pull weight

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length