Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2018, 01:36:35 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  Corvus Defensio brass deflector
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Corvus Defensio brass deflector  (Read 3219 times)
xdmikey

« on: November 24, 2017, 12:19:10 PM »

I've looked but haven't found a description of where it sends the brass. I have the big chunky one and am happy with how it works and the fact I can put it on my MSAR as well as my other AUGs.

Thanks
Corvus Defensio

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 10:37:28 AM »

Hi,

Our deflector sends the casing to a 3 up to a 1 o´clock direction. Depending on several factors like ammunition, gas pressure, condition of all involved springs (bolt carrier, ejector). etc.

In our video you can see it in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEy1nDTYzhk
xdmikey

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 12:47:35 PM »

Thank you, sir.
gunhand

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 02:20:21 PM »

I examined it at the SHOT Show, it's a great piece of kit!!!!!!!!!!
mg34_dan

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 05:33:40 PM »

Just so everyone is fully aware, the Corvus Defense brass deflector is indeed very nicely made.  But, it is not explicitly stated within the included documentation, that you will need a Torx T8 screw driver/driver tip to tighten the jam screws.  Once that is figured out, correct installation is a snap.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
 – Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009
LazyEngineer

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 12:54:36 AM »

This item potentially opens up the A3M1 with integrated optics to comfortably run a reflex holo sight on the side of the optic, and usage of that with a mild rotation of the AUG, if the deflector is reliable.  I'd probably have one for this, but for what it's worth, the price point has given me pause.
Halmbarte

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 03:06:12 PM »

Hi,

Our deflector sends the casing to a 3 up to a 1 o´clock direction. Depending on several factors like ammunition, gas pressure, condition of all involved springs (bolt carrier, ejector). etc.

In our video you can see it in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEy1nDTYzhk

Brass deflected to ~2 o'clock matches my observation on mine.

H
Corvus Defensio

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 03:29:06 AM »

Just so everyone is fully aware, the Corvus Defense brass deflector is indeed very nicely made.  But, it is not explicitly stated within the included documentation, that you will need a Torx T8 screw driver/driver tip to tighten the jam screws.  Once that is figured out, correct installation is a snap.

Correct. We will update our installation manual. The reason why we chose Torx is that Torx has the same format in Europe and the US. Allen screws are different (metric and inch).

This item potentially opens up the A3M1 with integrated optics to comfortably run a reflex holo sight on the side of the optic, and usage of that with a mild rotation of the AUG, if the deflector is reliable.  I'd probably have one for this, but for what it's worth, the price point has given me pause.

We successfully used MagPul 45° canted BUIS mounted to the receiver rail when the Case Deflector was installed. But we recommend to check ejection direction with the Case Deflector with your specific rifle before you mount/buy any canted sights.
Yes it´s pricy. But developing, testing, patenting and manufacturing it in central Europe was/is pricy too  Wink.
MgoBlue

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 10:37:55 PM »

FYI, I just received my case deflector from Steyr and it did NOT have the Torx reference, luckliy I remembered this thread to find out it's a T8, and of course the smallest Torx I have is a T10 so I have to go track one down. Maybe you could have Steyr add a sticker to the package at the least or add a Torx T8 to the package before shipment.
DOWNS

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 10:57:09 PM »

Do these now fit NATO stocks? 
MgoBlue

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 11:53:12 PM »

NOPE!
DOWNS

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2018, 12:24:57 AM »

NOPE!
Huzahhh

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Michael64

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 09:55:48 AM »

FYI, I just received my case deflector from Steyr and it did NOT have the Torx reference, luckliy I remembered this thread to find out it's a T8, and of course the smallest Torx I have is a T10 so I have to go track one down. Maybe you could have Steyr add a sticker to the package at the least or add a Torx T8 to the package before shipment.

If you have a Benchmade driver kit it comes with a T8 bit.
MgoBlue

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2018, 03:01:10 PM »

If you have a Benchmade driver kit it comes with a T8 bit.

Thanks, I located one. I also added mole skin to the face of it so the brass doesn't get dinged for reloading and finally was able to try it out, it works excellent dumping them in a neat pile in the 2 O' clock direction.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length