Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 01:00:34 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Need help with accessories
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need help with accessories  (Read 568 times)
mdamron2
New Posting Member

« on: November 23, 2017, 04:21:54 PM »

I purchased a used tavor from my lgs.    I thought the meprolight m21 reflex sight was a little dim.  I got a rma number from them had to disassembled the rifle to remove the sight.     That was a pain in the ass.     So what I need to know is what variation of tavor do I have. And what rail should I purchase to fit on the existing rail for my sight
And what are these weird attachments for on the top.

Thanks for the help

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Articlion

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 09:01:43 PM »

The lug you have curled in blue is for the 3x magnifier it clips on the round part and swivels into the lock
Hkbeltfed

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 10:27:14 PM »

It's the IDF model, congrats! What did it set you back?
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 08:26:41 AM »

GHW make some top notch rails for the SAR and also have a small rail for the magnifier mount.

AE
pilot4prophet

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 06:00:40 AM »

According to Tim H. of the Military Arms Channel, that's now a "collectable" firearm.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.full30.com/embed/e34462bca47e9be8d218d58919273d68" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't know if that link will work.

P4P
cciman

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 11:30:17 AM »

So the "collectable" IDF comes without rails, and you have to spend a bunch of money adding aftermarket rails to the "collectable" which turns it back into a plain-jane off the shelf model with rails?

Can you get a good sight picture with the IDF given that the optic sits lower on the frame?  Are the iron sights lower too?

What is the sight over bore distance?
Halmbarte

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 04:15:22 PM »

I've got an IDF model too, the good part is that the optic is nicely integrated with the rifle and BUIS. The bad part is swapping optics around requires buying an adaptor and pulling the barrel to install it.

Personally, I like the M21 optic as it's durable and simple to use. The one weak point it has is when shooting from a dark location out into a brightly lit one the reticle can wash out. Meprolight has just come out with a polarizer to help correct the problem and I'll post  review once I get mine (Black Friday order).

H
cciman

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 08:37:07 PM »

That's common with many of these "smart" optics that self adjust to ambient, ie the washout into a spotlight.  It helps to have a manual mode.

Can it not be put in manual mode so you adjust the reticle for that 1k lumen flashlight beam?  And/ or engage the irons until you have time to adjust the reticle. 

How do you mount a weapon light on the IDF model?

Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 04:27:34 PM »

Our IDF 101 rail will replace your Mepro and is fully reversible if you want to go back to original configuration in the future. It also puts the main rail at the same height as our IDF magnifier rail.

https://www.gearheadworks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=54_55&products_id=36&

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Leonitus

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 05:49:07 PM »

The x95 breaks down extremely easily......
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length