Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 12, 2019, 03:47:08 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  MDR Trigger Development
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: MDR Trigger Development  (Read 26526 times)
jreffner

« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2018, 05:39:56 PM »

Hello Art,

I was just wondering if there have been any developments on the MDR trigger pack since February.  This may be a dumb question but will your pack fit a 223 and a 308 MDR, or will the packs be different for each caliber?

Many thanks,

Jim
ShootingSight
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2018, 12:13:27 AM »

Some progress since Feb, not much.  I lost a couple of employees unexpectedly, and was in over my head just keeping up with resupply of current inventory.

However the project is not dead - I have a stack of aluminum blocks cut and squared, ready to go in the mill.  I have updated CAD files that are just about ready to turn loose.  And of course this next week is NRA convention in Dallas .... I will get there, I'm just late.  THe prototype is very nice (it will be at Dallas), so it is just a matter of executing.

Dunno on the 223 and 308 question, I'll discuss with DT at the show.  If the FCG are the same, one pack should fit both rifles.

Art

Art Neergaard
ShootingSight LLC
www.shootingsight.com
shootingsight@fioptics.com
513-702-4879
coldboremiracle

« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2018, 08:33:52 AM »

Dunno on the 223 and 308 question... one pack should fit both rifles.

That is correct, there is no difference in the sear pack for 223/308.

The first shot, is worth all the rest.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
jreffner

« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2018, 09:41:28 PM »

Art & ColdBore,

Thank you both for the information, and thanks to ColdBore for all of the MDR videos too!

I am eagerly awaiting the opportunity to buy the trigger pack, and to get my MDR.

Jim
BrianK

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2018, 10:36:04 AM »

I'm interested if it's better than OEM.

Put me the list if you have one.
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2018, 05:11:50 PM »

I saw Art at the NRA convention in Texas yesterday.  He was boothed directly next to Gearhead, and there were a lot of people packed around both.  I hollered "thanks for your Tavor trigger" through the crowd.  Saw him look up, but I wasn't sure if he thought I called him a name or gave him a compliment...LOL!
Aussie E
Banned
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2018, 09:42:00 PM »

From my previous experience with his Tavor and Sig triggers it will be better than the OEM (and I had a MDR so I know what the OEM trigger feels like).

AE
BrianK

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2018, 12:26:31 AM »

From my previous experience with his Tavor and Sig triggers it will be better than the OEM (and I had a MDR so I know what the OEM trigger feels like).

AE

Thanx.

Looking forward to it then. I might have everything to mod it long before I actually have the rifle. Most is already either paid for or is already on hand and waiting.

FWIW, I have almost never liked a standard trigger on a GI type rifle. While I would never take it into a rough environment I find the RDB to have a pretty decent trigger. I was hoping for the same or better in the MDR from the original claims quite some time ago, but from what I read that isn't so. Bummer.
newguy2k3

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2019, 11:05:39 AM »

Some progress since Feb, not much.  I lost a couple of employees unexpectedly, and was in over my head just keeping up with resupply of current inventory.

However the project is not dead - I have a stack of aluminum blocks cut and squared, ready to go in the mill.  I have updated CAD files that are just about ready to turn loose.  And of course this next week is NRA convention in Dallas .... I will get there, I'm just late.  THe prototype is very nice (it will be at Dallas), so it is just a matter of executing.

Dunno on the 223 and 308 question, I'll discuss with DT at the show.  If the FCG are the same, one pack should fit both rifles.

Art

Any more progress on it?
Tayler89
New Posting Member

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2019, 08:52:38 PM »

Can we get an update on the trigger?
Aussie E
Banned
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2019, 10:47:05 PM »

I had a quick conversation with Art at SHOT and from the sounds of it he has a couple of other projects (triggers) in front of it that he is trying to complete. With the high demand of the MDR he still doesn't have a functioning MDR from DT to live fire test his prototype on. Be patient guys I'm sure when it is done it will be fantastic like his other triggers.

AE
newguy2k3

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2019, 11:21:56 PM »

I had a quick conversation with Art at SHOT and from the sounds of it he has a couple of other projects (triggers) in front of it that he is trying to complete. With the high demand of the MDR he still doesn't have a functioning MDR from DT to live fire test his prototype on. Be patient guys I'm sure when it is done it will be fantastic like his other triggers.

AE

Getting a mdr to test with is one thing. Getting one that's completely functional might be tough.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2019, 10:03:19 AM »

Art would properly test the MDR with its trigger for safety, function and reliability more than DT ever did...
spector762

« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2019, 10:31:18 PM »

any update ? i got to the range with my6.5 grendel with a geissle ssa-e and realised just how bad the mdr needs  improvement in that dep   
jreffner

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2019, 06:14:50 PM »

Here is an email I got from customer Service on March 21, 2019:

Thank you for your interest. These are currently still in prototype development, so I do not yet have a time frame of when they will be available for purchase. We have recently hired another person, so we hope this will progress quickly.

I have placed you on a list of people who are interested in this trigger, and we will email you when there are updates to this project.

Thank you,

Farmerbrown32

« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2019, 05:41:26 PM »

Any update on this trigger?
jreffner

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2019, 08:02:01 PM »

Art told me on the phone that it won't be ready until early 2020.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length