Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 12:15:17 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  Front hand and other things
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Front hand and other things  (Read 90 times)
leopardprey

« on: November 14, 2017, 04:59:33 PM »

I am finding more and more that I do not find holding the front grip to be that comfortable or give as goodpurchase on the AUG.  I find I am gripping the front of the  trigger group frame handle or just right above it ( but far back from the gas ports).  Seems more stable to me this way.  I actually get a better purchase on the 40 year stg 77 as does not have the light rail mount on the side.  So in process of taking the rail off my other AUG and filling the holes .   Never use a light much anyway. 

Also have to admit I hate the traditional charging handle on the 40 year model and do Lille the bolt release on the newer models.  On my other AUG I replaced the charging handle with one from manticore arms.   Not only does this allow better purchase with the hand, but avoids getting bruised fingers or knuckles if have bulky optics.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length