Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 12:11:43 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  X95 SBR Conversion
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: X95 SBR Conversion  (Read 535 times)
super20g

« on: November 08, 2017, 04:24:09 PM »

Hi Guys,

I waited (and waited) for the factory X95 SBR to be released. Got impatient and bought a 16" ODG X95 and sent off the Form 1. Just got back the stamp a few weeks ago.

I am still missing the 13" barrel and the ODG short foregrip. Does anyone have any information on when either of those parts will be available? I have seen the black short foregrip for most of a year but haven't heard anything about the part in ODG.

Thanks for your time.
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 11:54:35 PM »

I think IWI is focusing on other priorities at the moment. I wouldn't hold your breath for this barrel, although it is certainly coming... some day. Perhaps next year after the release of the Tavor 7.

Any way you can modify the 16.5" barrel? Have ADCO or a qualified gunsmith chop it down and lathe out the groove for the plastic collar in the short handguard?

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 10:01:06 AM »

Hi Guys,

I waited (and waited) for the factory X95 SBR to be released. Got impatient and bought a 16" ODG X95 and sent off the Form 1. Just got back the stamp a few weeks ago.

I am still missing the 13" barrel and the ODG short foregrip. Does anyone have any information on when either of those parts will be available? I have seen the black short foregrip for most of a year but haven't heard anything about the part in ODG.

Thanks for your time.

IWI US sells the 13 rail and short hand guard so all youd need to do is chop your barrel down to 330mm.  Hell some places will thread for $50 so Im guess youd be looking at around $100 to cut down and thread.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:03:01 AM by HBeretta » Logged
super20g

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 11:44:28 AM »

Well, the short foregrip they carry is only availiable in Black and FDE. Of course mine is ODG... I'll either have to throw a black one on there for now or keep waiting, but looking at their available X95's, it looks like ODG is being phased out as an option and maybe that's why I am not seeing a short foregrip offered in that color?

The barrel I will look into having cut and threaded, perhaps ADCO if I can't find a good local guy.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 12:16:18 PM »

Well, the short foregrip they carry is only availiable in Black and FDE.

yeah i realized that after i posted...was like...s*** this guy said ODG and then figured you already checked the site.  i have a guy who works at blacksheeparms.com who cerakotes.  he might be able to for $20 bucks and that includes sandblasting and proper bake.  otherwise, you might be able to duracoat...but then again duracoat aerosol usually runs $20-35 for a can.

that or someone close to you does professional cerakote...couldn't imagine it being that expensive.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:21:55 PM by HBeretta » Logged
super20g

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 12:53:33 PM »

I just heard back from IWI.

They said they will not offer the short foregrip in ODG (even though the website said 'coming soon' when I bought the ODG X95, boo) and suggested either just using a black one or like you recommended, duracoat or cerakote.

I am not that familiar with duracoat or cerakote. Do you think they would be able to match the color fairly closely to the rest of the body or does it all need coated?

I also asked if I could just swap the rest of the body out for black or FDE, but IWI said the receiver is not meant to be separated from the body.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 11:42:19 PM »

Few guys here have SBR'd their Tavors.
One guy cut his down to 9'' iirc.
I believe they all cut their barrels down. 
Last time I had a smith cut down a barrel the total cost was about 150$, but he did a little extra work as well.(wasn't a tavor.)

I would contact IWI and ask them if they will cut your barrel for you.

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 02:00:22 PM »

LOL

AE
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 12:32:07 AM »

LOL

AE

It's worth a shot, and if they did you would know they did it right.

My concern with shortening the barrel would be knowing if the gas port is the correct size for the barrel length.  Speaking with some IWI reps might at least might point someone into the right direction.  Dwell times as gas port diameters are extremely important for various reasons.

But ya, you might be right with the lulz, but if enough people asked these questions IWI just might be inclined to help customers.  IWI reps read this forum, and if enough customers ask, they will probably answer.

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
DubageL

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 12:43:06 AM »

I had spoken with mr. Kassnar at the nra show in Atlanta a few months ago about that. He had said they would not cut the barrels down due to flaking and erosion of the chrome lining.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length