Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2018, 12:17:26 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  After Waiting Years, Got A Package From DT!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: After Waiting Years, Got A Package From DT!!!  (Read 6425 times)
cjgemm
^

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2017, 05:28:11 PM »

Elites are both OTB and Flush mount.  The Helix is the newer model that are all flush mount.  Rainier Arms still has a Gen5 Elite flush mount in stock.  EuroOptics still has Elite OTB/SRM Gen 5's available.

https://www.rainierarms.com/oss-suppressor-bpr27-7-62-300blk-gen-5/
https://www.eurooptic.com/oss-bpr1-762-300blk-semi-auto-or-full-auto-rifle-with-srm6-bpr1-762.aspx

Sdevante
^

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2017, 08:16:07 PM »

I'm going to have to order one of those handguards this weekend... Botach had a sale on Gen5 OSS suppressors (.30 cal BPR-4 and SRM-6) for $500/1, $475ea 2-3, so I bought two.  Now the long wait starts...

Is Botach above board? Is that combo similar to the setup DT used in some of their promo pics/vids (other than 2 piece I guess)?
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2017, 09:32:30 PM »

I'm going to have to order one of those handguards this weekend... Botach had a sale on Gen5 OSS suppressors (.30 cal BPR-4 and SRM-6) for $500/1, $475ea 2-3, so I bought two.  Now the long wait starts...

Is Botach above board? Is that combo similar to the setup DT used in some of their promo pics/vids (other than 2 piece I guess)?

The last two times I ordered from Botach (both in the last 18 months), I've received product quickly and the communication has been on par with other large web vendors.  Going back several years, especially ~2000-2010, Botach was known as a crap-shoot; sometimes you'd get your order ASAP, other times it would be out of stock and you'd wait...and then miraculously one day it would arrive without much notice.  I think, from what I've experienced and read, that they've turned things around drastically. 

The combo is the same, near as I can tell, that DT has used for their promo.  I don't think this is the one that has the muzzle brake/compensator that is always on the rifle (that ATF determined was a "suppressor part"), but rather this is the 2016 redesign that changed the muzzle cap design slightly and directly threads onto the muzzle.

Either way, it's a killer price and decided to make the budget cry a bit and bought two.

Kurt
cjgemm
^

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2017, 10:40:49 PM »

Holy crap, that's a great price.  I already have a gen5 from EO in jail and, waiting on a Tranquilo to hit my FFL. 
rtp
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2017, 12:08:31 AM »

Thanks for the explanations.  I really need to sort my suppressor plans,
Euro Optics is still pretty proud of that Elite OTB or I might have tried it.

As anyone on the board actually shot an OSS? Seems like years later and still low user feedback posted.
MikeSmith
^

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2017, 03:55:01 PM »

The combo is the same, near as I can tell, that DT has used for their promo.  I don't think this is the one that has the muzzle brake/compensator that is always on the rifle (that ATF determined was a "suppressor part"), but rather this is the 2016 redesign that changed the muzzle cap design slightly and directly threads onto the muzzle.

I'm not following what you said--I've been following OSS for many years and while I know there were ATF issues with the FHMB at one point (which I thought had been resolved, but maybe not), I never heard of a design that did not include a FHMB as part of the assembly.  Did you hear differently somewhere?

The Gen 5 update did change a few things and made assembly easier, primarily with the end piece--I am struggling to resist this sale but they have made it very difficult.  If cash wasn't so tight I would probably be grabbing a couple as well!

As anyone on the board actually shot an OSS? Seems like years later and still low user feedback posted.

I got in on the Gen 4 closeout sales and eventually ordered 4 of them.  2 have been sitting in my safe for at least a year (the other 2 are in my local FFL's safe)--let's just say that actually shooting stuff that I buy is not a priority in my life right now!

I got as far as mounting the 5.56 version with a Seekins rail that fits over it--I combined it with a pencil barrel to offset the weight, so it feels ok but I really have nothing else to compare it to.  I am hoping to actually go shoot it sometime soon, and certainly will report back if I do it.

Otherwise, user reports that I have seen indicate essentially what you would expect--it's a bit heavy but it does what they say it does (keeps the volume at the ear acceptable with no increase in gas in your face).
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2017, 05:24:18 PM »

The combo is the same, near as I can tell, that DT has used for their promo.  I don't think this is the one that has the muzzle brake/compensator that is always on the rifle (that ATF determined was a "suppressor part"), but rather this is the 2016 redesign that changed the muzzle cap design slightly and directly threads onto the muzzle.

I'm not following what you said--I've been following OSS for many years and while I know there were ATF issues with the FHMB at one point (which I thought had been resolved, but maybe not), I never heard of a design that did not include a FHMB as part of the assembly.  Did you hear differently somewhere?

The FHMB issue was not resolved in OSS' favor and I think they did some minor redesign (at least from the pics and drawings I've seen) that integrated what used to be the FHMB into the BPR so that it would be a direct attach device.  I dunno if my supposition is right, it's just based off the images that OSS used to have on their web site.

The Gen 5 update did change a few things and made assembly easier, primarily with the end piece--I am struggling to resist this sale but they have made it very difficult.  If cash wasn't so tight I would probably be grabbing a couple as well!

Kurt
MikeSmith
^

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2017, 05:30:47 PM »

This is what I see on the web site right now--still looks to me like the original FHMB underneath:

ETA: that was on the Helix page.  The Elite graphics don't show it, so either your conclusion is right and the Elite is direct-thread, or they over-simplified the graphic...?

And by the way, Botach has some amazing prices on the Helix and Elite as well right now!

https://www.botach.com/oss-operators-suppressor-systems-helix-semi-auto-rated-suppressor/

https://www.botach.com/oss-operators-suppressor-systems-elite-full-auto-rated-suppressors/
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 05:40:26 PM by MikeSmith » Logged
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2017, 05:41:08 PM »

Amazing doesn't quite seem like a strong enough word. Those prices are low enough to get me wondering if that's legit.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2017, 06:49:45 PM »

Amazing doesn't quite seem like a strong enough word. Those prices are low enough to get me wondering if that's legit.

My guess is that they're pulling a CDNN and clearing out OSS' old stock.  Still...it shows how overpriced OSS has their products.

Kurt
MikeSmith
^

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2017, 11:18:16 PM »

OSS has a message on their front page about an inventory reduction sale, so it's probably legit.

What it means is a different question. I just can't believe they are moving product at their normal prices so either they're making big changes or just getting more aggressive.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2017, 11:29:14 PM »

OSS has a message on their front page about an inventory reduction sale, so it's probably legit.

What it means is a different question. I just can't believe they are moving product at their normal prices so either they're making big changes or just getting more aggressive.

I think it is a combination of them realizing that even the .gov and .mil have budgets and that their product is overpriced to be competitive and that once again they're going to be changing and tweaking the line-up so the old stuff has to go.

Kurt
Zeiram3f

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2017, 02:03:53 AM »

Their lineup already changed (minor tweaks), to include making their units lighter and shorter than the clearance items. The BPR4 is a thing of the past - does the same thing as a BPR2 but the 2 weighs less. Actually the BPR2 is now called the EL(insert-caliber)K.

I went ahead and ordered a 30cal EL/OTB model from botach. Guess I’ll put that in jail with my HX Mag... 🙄
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 02:08:05 AM by Zeiram3f » Logged
hillbillyjim
^

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2017, 07:42:54 AM »

Doesn’t it concern anyone that a fairly new company is already cleaning house on a gen five model?  At this rate they will have a gen 11 before Apple introduces a model 11 phone
Zeiram3f

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2017, 09:28:51 AM »

I wouldn’t say it concerns me. I’m doing the same with my product. I’ve learned from the past, and need to clear out old stuff to justify the prices of the new. The old stuff is still good, but not what I would consider the best. To sell the best, I have to get rid of the less than best stuff. This cycle will repeat until one feels their product has been refined or no longer needs tuning. Personally I like the idea of a company refreshing their product or constantly improving on it, vs using the same design for 20+ years. Yes, that design may be “perfect” enough, but it tells me something about the manufacturer... they’re seeking to improve, constantly, and at their own expense.
Lead_Whisperer
^

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2017, 11:50:51 AM »

Shot Show is just around the corner.  This is where many in the firearms industry announce and release their new products. If they have excess inventory, they will want to get those numbers down before the release.  I would't be concrned
sampitt

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2017, 07:46:00 PM »

Hmm...I wonder what I'll take home first...my OSS cans or my MDR?

Stay tuned.

Wew lad, smoking deal but 2 1/2 lbs???  I bought the full auto rated oss elite from them for 599...that is also an insane price.  Why did you decide to go with the gen 5?  I personally thought the Elite was a no-brainer @$100 more than the 2 piece gen 5 or the semi auto rated helix.
HybridKid

Molon Labe!!

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2017, 09:38:21 PM »

How does Botach deal with the Form 4 App or does the buyer have to fill all that out his or her self, fingerprints and all? 

Thanks and Be Safe.
Zeiram3f

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2017, 11:16:13 PM »

More deals...

https://modernwarriors.com/product-category/suppressors/oss/
sampitt

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2017, 11:32:26 PM »

How does Botach deal with the Form 4 App or does the buyer have to fill all that out his or her self, fingerprints and all? 

Whatever SOT you use locally and Botach would do a form 3 transfer.  Then you would have to do a form 4 yourself at that SOT.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length