Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 15, 2018, 05:20:07 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Order cancelled...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Order cancelled...  (Read 12007 times)
ShootingSight
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2017, 07:06:22 PM »

I heard that trigger was an issue, and took that as a challenge to see if I could improve it, and to help a small company succeed.  So I get it that there are start up issues.  I get it that there are upset customers.

But having been in industry, I also get that there are a lot of people trying to make it happen.  And in most cases, these 'tries' are honest efforts.  They don't always pay out, and sometimes you have to back off plans as resources dry up, but I still love a small company trying to make it work.  So I will make a trigger for this rifle, and based on past experience, have every belief that at least one of your negatives will be stricken off the list.

Art Neergaard
ShootingSight LLC
www.shootingsight.com
shootingsight@fioptics.com
513-702-4879
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2017, 12:39:13 PM »

I heard that trigger was an issue, and took that as a challenge to see if I could improve it, and to help a small company succeed.  So I get it that there are start up issues.  I get it that there are upset customers.

But having been in industry, I also get that there are a lot of people trying to make it happen.  And in most cases, these 'tries' are honest efforts.  They don't always pay out, and sometimes you have to back off plans as resources dry up, but I still love a small company trying to make it work.  So I will make a trigger for this rifle, and based on past experience, have every belief that at least one of your negatives will be stricken off the list.

Art, I have no doubt that you can probably develop a great trigger for the MDR as I have one of your units in my Tavor...changed the character of that rifle dramatically.  However, I think the rub here on the MDR is that a rifle at this pricepoint should probably already have a decent trigger.  I felt bad enough having to buy a better trigger for a $1500 Tavor, and it would be even more disappointing having to buy a better trigger on a $2500 rifle.  Hopefully, like IWI did with the Tavor platform, DT will develop a much improved trigger as they get production smoothed out.

The MDR looks to have some awesome potential.  I hope they get things sorted out.

slowcorrado

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 11:37:34 PM »

Canceled on November 7th....  no word yet.  It's the 4th of December and I know DT watches the forum.   Please don't make me call in.  Just honor your promise of a refund within the 30 days. 
JK919

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2017, 08:05:58 AM »

Call them or it wonít get done. I had to call on day 30 to get any movement.
slowcorrado

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 06:41:26 PM »

They made me call.....

James answered, went to "talk to accounting".

"The guy that handles that is in a meeting"
"I'll call you back when he gets out and I can get an answer as to what's going on"

Will update with the results.

As an aside note:  Anyone from DT reading this; your hold music is terrible and overdriven enough to break-up.  :-)  (some of my job is installing phone systems, so it especially annoys me!)
slowcorrado

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 01:10:36 PM »

No response as of today.  Just called in and spoke with James again.  He said he left me a message.  (I don't see it on my voicemail)  When asked what the status was, he told me he needed to go check with accounting again.

*sigh*

So... "it'll be this upcoming week"

I asked how they would process the refund.  He didn't know.  They originally asked for my credit card info to process it that way.  Who knows what will happen? 

I asked about the timeframe as I was told 30 days, it's already been over that.  He said something along the lines of:  "I don't know about how accounting does stuff".

OK, now I'm getting annoyed.  People, RUN from DT.  If this is the way they handle the most basic of business tasks, I would hate to see what happened if there was a larger issue. 

I don't normally get upset at this type of stuff, but I've given them EVERY chance I can to deliver on their most basic of promises.  So, they still have my $2300+ and it's feeling like '2 moar weeks'
slowcorrado

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2017, 04:11:29 PM »

4th call today.  James answered again.  I'm sure he's getting sick of me.

"I'll go check with them to see what's happening"
"They are having a problem with the refund processing to a card.  Can we get your address and send a check?"
*I gave them my info again*
"The check will go out today"

So, I had made the decision to dispute the charge on my card if there was no solid answer.  If the check isn't here in the next few days, that's what is happening.  I'm less than happy, but will suspend judgement until I have more substantial info.
slowcorrado

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2017, 11:55:19 PM »

42 days later and still no refund.  Fired off an email to Nick and Stephen.  Shouldn't have to do that, but will let everyone know what the result is...
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2017, 12:07:48 AM »

42 days later and still no refund.  Fired off an email to Nick and Stephen.  Shouldn't have to do that, but will let everyone know what the result is...
Damn, man. That's just unacceptable.
JK919

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2017, 02:20:35 AM »

You probably need to call and speak to the accounting department directly. They were helpful in getting my refund going.  Keep in mind itís almost Christmas, and people may be out of the office.
slowcorrado

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2017, 12:22:09 PM »

Soooooo....  about 12 hours after I pen a letter to DT's management, the check arrives.  UGH.  I immediately wrote back to DT to let them know about the arrival. 

img photos

It's frustrating that I had to get annoyed enough to contact DT's management (and enough time had passed) to then have it arrive the following morning.  :-)  But, I'm happy it's here and will be bringing it to the bank this afternoon.

As I wrote in my 2nd letter to DT:  "I wish you all the best with the continued deliveries of the MDR and its development."

Update:  While I was writing this message Stephen got back to me and apologized for the delay.  Thanks Stephen!

I'll update this thread if any further issues arise.  Thanks for reading if you've made it this far.  Hopefully any other folks looking for a refund can understand the process and it's timeframe better because of it.
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2017, 03:05:17 PM »

Having owned an AUG and still currently owning a Tavor, I would place my RDB as above both of them for very specific reasons.

1) The Tavor is heavy compared to the RDB. I understand that itís not the biggest deal breaker. (Hit the gym) but it has an effect. Also, the Tavor has a funky sight height over bore that makes zeroing certain optics weird if you plan to shoot both longer distances and close range. The Tavor accuracy leaves some to be desired. While sure, there are people who consistently shoot 2ish MOA, but those are generally on a square range at a slow and steady cadence. In combat, youíre not going to be shooting like that, and thatís the type of rapid shooting at the range where I notice my Tavorís groups open up. Bigger groups contribute to more misses at range or under stress.

2) The AUG is such a great design. Almost almost perfect for my needs. But a personal criteria for me is having a mag release that can be actuated with the firing hand without removing it from the grip. This makes mag changes under fire just a bit smoother when the support hand isnít responsible for both releasing the empty mag AND retrieving a fresh one.

For those reasons, I feel that the RDB is superior to the Tavor and AUG.
U have to think in terms of build quality. In combat,  most people won't be shooting accurate and it doesn't matter what rifle u have.
Never been in combat,  but if I'm getting shot at,  I don't think I would be hitting too many people.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

slowcorrado

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2018, 01:19:25 AM »

Final update:

After I received the check I immediately deposited it.  2 hours later my bank called and told me there was a problem and they were putting a 5-day hold on the funds.  When pressed for a reason, they said DT's account came up as "flagged", possibly due to NSF or a closed account.  UGH.  I remembered that member JK919 had a similar issue with his check, so I messaged Nick and Stephen again with my issues.  Nick responded with minutes saying it should be OK: "We are in the process of transferring bank accounts but our old account has not been closed yet so there shouldnít be a problem".  A little while later the CFO John Williams messaged me to assure me it would be OK.

After a few days I checked the account and it cleared just fine.

I'm happy I got my refund and appreciate the management's attention to my issue.

I'm not happy I had to jump through hoops, chase my money, make multiple calls/emails, etc...

It's done and I am TOTALLY happy that I'm out.  I really agonized about cancelling, I was at the discounted price, it looks like a great platform, blah blah...  With the continued delays, the issues that have popped up, the overall communication, it just wasn't worth it.

Thanks for listening to the whole saga.  Hopefully it helps others in the same situation to understand the whole process.
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2018, 10:46:06 AM »

I'm glad things are straightened out for you.

Steve Jobs had made "one more thing" exciting. It's frustrating that DT has been doing too many "one more things" that are the wrong kind of "exciting".
ammomans

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2018, 02:08:39 PM »

It's done and I am TOTALLY happy that I'm out.  I really agonized about cancelling, I was at the discounted price, it looks like a great platform, blah blah...  With the continued delays, the issues that have popped up, the overall communication, it just wasn't worth it.

I went through the same thing.  But now after canceling nearly 3 months ago, I couldn't be happier!  I still come here very now and then to see whats going on, but I no longer have the emotional (or financial) attachment.  You made the right choice!

After no MDR shipments in December/January, I'm curious how the Tavor 7 will stack up...
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2018, 10:57:57 AM »

This morning I also cancelled my order, not because of the MDR or DT, but because I have to put the money into a new computer. Since computer work is how I earn my living, that has to take priority over the MDR. I gotta say, it hurt to make that call.  Huh?

Since I ordered through EuroOptic, at least I don't have to worry about how long it will take DT to send a refund.

Before I called them, I pulled up the original order in case I would need it. The invoice was dated January 20th, 2016, almost exactly 2 years ago.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 10:59:53 AM by EWTHeckman » Logged
ravenelitex
^

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2018, 09:55:07 PM »

unfortunately I called and emailed in to cancel today on the group buy in the forum, I got laid off at the end of september and have yet to find a job so i have reached a breaking point and had to request my refund, Even while I could still pay the remaining balance owed if the gun shipped tomorrow for example, I still would not be comfortable with letting that much money out with no income flowing in.

I hope the rifle is even more awesome than people imagine and cant wait till i can get back on my feet and get one for myself.
SteveD

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2018, 11:22:27 PM »

So far, after reading everything, seems like "tomorrow's weapons" should be changed...
becket

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2018, 01:26:11 PM »

Art, I have no doubt that you can probably develop a great trigger for the MDR as I have one of your units in my Tavor...changed the character of that rifle dramatically.  However, I think the rub here on the MDR is that a rifle at this pricepoint should probably already have a decent trigger.  I felt bad enough having to buy a better trigger for a $1500 Tavor, and it would be even more disappointing having to buy a better trigger on a $2500 rifle.  Hopefully, like IWI did with the Tavor platform, DT will develop a much improved trigger as they get production smoothed out.

The MDR looks to have some awesome potential.  I hope they get things sorted out.

One of their marketing points was how fantastic the trigger was going to be. IOW, why other bullpups suck and why ours is revolutionary.
Dogslayer

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2018, 03:19:31 PM »

The trigger on the KM Arms M17s  is setting the bar for Bullpup triggers right now.

Dogslayer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length