Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 07:49:51 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  Order cancelled...
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Order cancelled...  (Read 2413 times)
ShootingSight
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2017, 07:06:22 PM »

I heard that trigger was an issue, and took that as a challenge to see if I could improve it, and to help a small company succeed.  So I get it that there are start up issues.  I get it that there are upset customers.

But having been in industry, I also get that there are a lot of people trying to make it happen.  And in most cases, these 'tries' are honest efforts.  They don't always pay out, and sometimes you have to back off plans as resources dry up, but I still love a small company trying to make it work.  So I will make a trigger for this rifle, and based on past experience, have every belief that at least one of your negatives will be stricken off the list.

Art Neergaard
ShootingSight LLC
www.shootingsight.com
shootingsight@fioptics.com
513-702-4879
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2017, 12:39:13 PM »

I heard that trigger was an issue, and took that as a challenge to see if I could improve it, and to help a small company succeed.  So I get it that there are start up issues.  I get it that there are upset customers.

But having been in industry, I also get that there are a lot of people trying to make it happen.  And in most cases, these 'tries' are honest efforts.  They don't always pay out, and sometimes you have to back off plans as resources dry up, but I still love a small company trying to make it work.  So I will make a trigger for this rifle, and based on past experience, have every belief that at least one of your negatives will be stricken off the list.

Art, I have no doubt that you can probably develop a great trigger for the MDR as I have one of your units in my Tavor...changed the character of that rifle dramatically.  However, I think the rub here on the MDR is that a rifle at this pricepoint should probably already have a decent trigger.  I felt bad enough having to buy a better trigger for a $1500 Tavor, and it would be even more disappointing having to buy a better trigger on a $2500 rifle.  Hopefully, like IWI did with the Tavor platform, DT will develop a much improved trigger as they get production smoothed out.

The MDR looks to have some awesome potential.  I hope they get things sorted out.

slowcorrado

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 11:37:34 PM »

Canceled on November 7th....  no word yet.  It's the 4th of December and I know DT watches the forum.   Please don't make me call in.  Just honor your promise of a refund within the 30 days. 
JK919

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2017, 08:05:58 AM »

Call them or it won’t get done. I had to call on day 30 to get any movement.
slowcorrado

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 06:41:26 PM »

They made me call.....

James answered, went to "talk to accounting".

"The guy that handles that is in a meeting"
"I'll call you back when he gets out and I can get an answer as to what's going on"

Will update with the results.

As an aside note:  Anyone from DT reading this; your hold music is terrible and overdriven enough to break-up.  :-)  (some of my job is installing phone systems, so it especially annoys me!)
slowcorrado

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 01:10:36 PM »

No response as of today.  Just called in and spoke with James again.  He said he left me a message.  (I don't see it on my voicemail)  When asked what the status was, he told me he needed to go check with accounting again.

*sigh*

So... "it'll be this upcoming week"

I asked how they would process the refund.  He didn't know.  They originally asked for my credit card info to process it that way.  Who knows what will happen? 

I asked about the timeframe as I was told 30 days, it's already been over that.  He said something along the lines of:  "I don't know about how accounting does stuff".

OK, now I'm getting annoyed.  People, RUN from DT.  If this is the way they handle the most basic of business tasks, I would hate to see what happened if there was a larger issue. 

I don't normally get upset at this type of stuff, but I've given them EVERY chance I can to deliver on their most basic of promises.  So, they still have my $2300+ and it's feeling like '2 moar weeks'
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length