Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 12:12:11 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  X95 question: can you swap the colored polymer parts?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: X95 question: can you swap the colored polymer parts?  (Read 344 times)
Armoreason
--
New Posting Member

« on: November 07, 2017, 03:25:13 AM »

Hey all,

There's someone in my area selling their x95 at a great price, but I'm not super keen on the color. Is it possible to swap out the shell only? Could I even get just new furniture for one?

Bonus question: if this is not feasible, what kind of paint/treatment would work well to recolor it? Is ceracote (sp?) The only option?

For those wondering it is an FDE x95, and I would rather it be OD green or black, but I'm considering attempting a camo treatment if possible.

Thanks!
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 04:26:12 AM »

Hey all,

There's someone in my area selling their x95 at a great price, but I'm not super keen on the color. Is it possible to swap out the shell only? Could I even get just new furniture for one?

Bonus question: if this is not feasible, what kind of paint/treatment would work well to recolor it? Is ceracote (sp?) The only option?

For those wondering it is an FDE x95, and I would rather it be OD green or black, but I'm considering attempting a camo treatment if possible.

Thanks!
That's not possible. The shell itself is serialized.
But you cerakote it,  spray paint etc etc.
But I would go with a good cerakote.
How much is this person selling it for?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

pokemon1989

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 10:44:40 AM »

[/quote]That's not possible. The shell itself is serialized.

[/quote]

The shell is not serialized. There is an actual aluminum receiver inside the polymer shell that has the serial number. Getting your hands on the shell is a different story.  I saw a SAR stock set in multicam on gunbroker not too long ago.  That however is exceedingly rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 06:28:21 PM »

Hey all,

Thanks!

That is incorrect.  The shell is not serialized, the aluminum receiver is.  There is a hole in the shell for the serialized number on the receiver to be shown.

OP, yes you could, but good luck finding that.  Maybe someone here will trade with you.   You are much better off just painting or cera/duracoating it.  It will be easier, and probably cheaper.

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
Desert Kraut

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 06:33:15 PM »

I saw an X95 on Vegas Armslist for $1250 in FDE. Is this the same gun you are talking about? I thought it was a great deal.
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 07:50:06 PM »

Hey all,

Thanks!

That is incorrect.  The shell is not serialized, the aluminum receiver is.  There is a hole in the shell for the serialized number on the receiver to be shown.

OP, yes you could, but good luck finding that.  Maybe someone here will trade with you.   You are much better off just painting or cera/duracoating it.  It will be easier, and probably cheaper.
Ah!

Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 09:06:05 PM »

I saw an X95 on Vegas Armslist for $1250 in FDE. Is this the same gun you are talking about? I thought it was a great deal.

Or a scam. I only do AL FTF.

AE
Rastoff

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 12:01:23 PM »

This is an excellent write up on how to change the color inexpensively: https://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=12447.0

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length