Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 12:09:53 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Cutting & Pinning a SAR/X95 Thread (Custom Projects Posting)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cutting & Pinning a SAR/X95 Thread (Custom Projects Posting)  (Read 448 times)
NightStar
New Posting Member

« on: November 03, 2017, 06:43:13 AM »

Ok folks there is next to no information that I can find on this topic except for hearsay and any information found is from this forum. I think we could all use some answers. Cutting the barrel to 15/14.5 inches  could really prove advantageous in terms of reducing gas blowback and removing up to 1.5 inches off of the front of the weapon system physically maximizing the space & ergonomics. HOWEVER I do not know of a reliable method in proper terms, to request for cutting and threading of said  chrome lined pencil thin barrel. After which if successful I would pin a B.E. Meyers 556-ASR Suppressor Mount Flash Hider to make OAL barrel 16.61 inches. Would I need an Accu-Washer or none at all with that or any flash hider? I want to use a saker 556k asr that is in ATF jail. So I can keep the OAL under 29.75 inches with a hearing safe suppressor mounted it would  seem to have the least amount of wobble when mounted  from the videos I have seen, this type of system may appear to reduce the chance of baffle strikes. This is a very delicate one shot project & I cannot trust a typical small shop to do this kind of work. Granted I can get a replacement barrel/bolt kit but then I am back to square one.

Any Ideas on how functionally an unsuppressed 14.5/15 inch tavor might run? I am not sure if I would be reducing the gas to much when unsuppressed to chamber and fire .223 reliably. I don't want to mess with drilling the gas ports at all with this setup nor do I want to remove them for the barrel modifications. Would having two ejectors be more of a boon rather than having just a single ejector in this kind of instance? Any thoughts on this concept would be helpful to everyone here in order to aid in avoiding the SBR issues since we don't want uncle sam keeping tabs on our non sporting toys. I just like the idea of a space maximized 14.5 inch -15 inch bullpup with an adjustable match grade trigger with a hearing safe suppressor under the OAL of a collapsed M4 and 10.5inch SBR (w/o suppressor).

Also Big shout out to ART from shooting sight the TAV-D trigger pack arrived yesterday. I took it to the range same day and just got finished cleaning the rifle this morning was not looking for accuracy just a few hundred rds to make sure everything is functioning normally during the last leg of break in, Everything functioned like a sewing machine! Also another shout out to Paul from GHW for the custom SAR rail cut and cerakote job. It matches your other products spot on and tolerances for the rear sight install took me 3 minutes, had to hold my breath for that rear roll pin though! But after just breaking it in with 1000rds fit & finish wise it looks and feels NIB OEM (kinda). That 1/4th a pound made a noticeable difference in terms of handling and this was a pleasure to shoot. Any Thoughts on pinned/ SBR tavors,X95s post below if you have them or planning a project to!

* 1103170559.jpg (1284.63 KB, 3264x1836 - viewed 59 times.)

* 1103170557e.jpg (1251.97 KB, 3264x1836 - viewed 38 times.)

* 1103170557a.jpg (1223.53 KB, 3264x1836 - viewed 53 times.)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 06:46:38 AM by NightStar » Logged
Leonitus

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 12:02:58 PM »

The one guy I would trust that job to would be Marvin Pitts.

readr1
^

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 06:25:01 PM »

Short Action Customs. A bit of a wait last time I dealt with them, however the quality is beyond compare.
Jwill

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 09:30:08 PM »

It runs fine if you search I did a thread on how to diy cut and thread your barrel.
NightStar
New Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 12:57:41 AM »

It runs fine if you search I did a thread on how to diy cut and thread your barrel.
     Do you have the link to that thread? I could not find it.
Jwill

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 05:22:05 AM »

https://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=11674.msg120775#msg120775
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length