Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 08:08:04 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Is the Giessele trigger upgrade worth it for an X95?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is the Giessele trigger upgrade worth it for an X95?  (Read 840 times)
Chairforce26

« on: November 03, 2017, 12:19:25 AM »

Since the X95's stock trigger is so much better than the Tavor SAR is it still worth the almost $400 for a Giessele trigger pack?
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 12:21:49 AM »

Since the X95's stock trigger is so much better than the Tavor SAR is it still worth the almost $400 for a Giessele trigger pack?
Yes and not.
But wait until when geissele has a discount.
IMO it's makes a huge difference. I have the trigger and the bow

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Leonitus

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 12:03:40 PM »

Yep.......its worth it
Rastoff

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 02:24:07 PM »

It depends.

First, I was able to get both the Lightning Bow trigger and Super Sabra Trigger Pack for less than $300. Together they are a marvelous upgrade. The real benefit is in the Lightning Bow trigger though. With it you are able to remove all the slack. This takes your stock trigger from decent to zero slack and only a little creep. Adding the Super Sabra Trigger pack removes the creep.

For most people, that little bit of creep isn't an issue. If you're doing a 3 gun match or some other training, you'd never notice the creep in the stock trigger. However, like most of us, we shoot at the range a little and try to make more precise shots. Then the creep can be an issue.

So, if money is a concern, start with the trigger bow and the evaluate for yourself.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 02:27:41 PM by Rastoff » Logged

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
cciman

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 04:18:36 PM »

The stock x95 is an improvement on the original SAR tirgger, but the aftermarket parts improve upon that even more.  Just extra sauce.

The Shooting sight TavD, (cool red anodized aluminum body, laser engraved), is a fine alternative, and uses a more robust, hammer/sear!  

i just happen to have a new one for sale :  $310 shipped.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 04:23:28 PM by cciman » Logged
Grizz

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 08:10:05 PM »

I have the BOW and like it
rjhyland

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 09:00:09 AM »

What I had to get used to on my x95 is where that trigger broke. There is no indicator that the next 1mm she fires and that took some getting used to. With the Bow installed does it give you a wall so that you know where that break is?
Leonitus

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 06:52:16 AM »

See this sticky....

https://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=7091.0
Rastoff

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 12:22:20 AM »

What I had to get used to on my x95 is where that trigger broke. There is no indicator that the next 1mm she fires and that took some getting used to. With the Bow installed does it give you a wall so that you know where that break is?
I didn't try the Trigger Bow with the stock trigger. However, I can tell you that the Geissele Super Sabra with the Trigger Bow, is a really nice, crisp, creep free trigger. It does have the "wall" you're looking for. Worth every penny.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 07:01:28 PM »

Yes it is.
rjhyland

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 07:08:12 PM »

I didn't try the Trigger Bow with the stock trigger. However, I can tell you that the Geissele Super Sabra with the Trigger Bow, is a really nice, crisp, creep free trigger. It does have the "wall" you're looking for. Worth every penny.

That's some good advertising right there. I'm in!
Hkbeltfed

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 06:18:32 AM »

With the Bow installed does it give you a wall so that you know where that break is?

No, only the hammer pack, it's a 2 stage.
rjhyland

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 07:50:07 PM »

Primaryarms has tthem for $69.88.
http://www.primaryarms.com/geissele-super-sabra-lightning-bow-trigger-iwi-tavor-05-328
I wonder if I should jump on it now or wait until Black Friday and see what the sales are then.
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 04:43:10 PM »

The hammer pack and bow are well worth the price of admission. You get a match trigger with zero creep and a lightning fast reset.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length