Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 08:08:37 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  MDR Members from Group Buy that Received their MDR
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: MDR Members from Group Buy that Received their MDR  (Read 3362 times)
whiskey91lima

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2017, 12:03:29 AM »

...just a statement that the people group and history of the Mormon church includes fairly corrupted family politics.

As a mormon of 30+ years, I would politely disagree with that statement.

Let me link some sources for you then:
Current nepotism in LDS leadership:
http://www.mormonmatters.org/2008/04/14/nepotism-in-the-church/
Nick Young's birth surname is Nick Kingston. Here's a brief summary of the Kingston clan and Nick Young himself:
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2017/blood-cult

I realize that the Kingston clan is outside of the formal Mormon church, but the Kingstons are among the prominent historical families that I am talking about.

Glassdoor reviews also confirm that the Kingstons have a large influence on the company regardless of business or engineering acumen.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:59:35 AM by whiskey91lima » Logged
whiskey91lima

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2017, 12:05:27 AM »

Yes, I am a member of the group buy. I was #4 on the list and bumped to #3 due to #1 dropping out a long time ago. I received my FDE 7.62 on September 05. It actually arrived at my FFL on September 01 but my FFL was away on vacation. Jon communicated, as he said he would, when the rifle was available to ship. This was my second purchase from Jon through a Bullpup Forum group buy and he has been excellent to work with. Anytime I wanted to check with him, all I ever had to do was call him and he answered the phone. I am now waiting on an oversized handguard from DT so I can install my OSS gen 4 can (also purchased through a BF GB from another member).

Please let us know how the MDR performs with the OSS. There are rumors that the OSS have more gas blowback on the MDR than standard suppressors which is opposite of the marketing.
st381

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2017, 02:49:35 AM »

...just a statement that the people group and history of the Mormon church includes fairly corrupted family politics.

As a mormon of 30+ years, I would politely disagree with that statement.

Let me link some sources for you then:
Current nepotism in LDS leadership:
http://www.mormonmatters.org/2008/04/14/nepotism-in-the-church/
Nick Young's birth surname is Nick Kingston. Here's a brief summary of the Kingston clan and Nick a young himself:
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2017/blood-cult

I realize that the Kingston clan is outside of the formal Mormon church, but the Kingstons are among the prominent historical families that I am talking about.

Glassdoor reviews also confirm that the Kingstons have a large influence on the company regardless of business or engineering acumen.

You are ignorant the leadership and history of the Mormon church and are making a far reaching claim about an entire faith based on your dissatisfaction with a single company.  Again, family owned businesses promote family and hire talent.  When family isn’t able or willing to take over the family owned business is sold or boarded up. A privately held company has no obligation to any but themselves and their customers and can be poorly run regardless of faith. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:52:39 AM by st381 » Logged
whiskey91lima

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2017, 04:03:32 AM »

-
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 04:06:45 AM by whiskey91lima » Logged
whiskey91lima

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2017, 04:05:15 AM »

You are ignorant the leadership and history of the Mormon church and are making a far reaching claim about an entire faith based on your dissatisfaction with a single company.  Again, family owned businesses promote family and hire talent.  When family isnít able or willing to take over the family owned business is sold or boarded up. A privately held company has no obligation to any but themselves and their customers and can be poorly run regardless of faith. 

No, I'm making a claim about the poor business leadership of Desert Tech and using specific history to back that up.

In my experience, Mormons are some of the nicest and most respectable people. However, that doesn't change the history of the Mormon church nor specifically how DT is run.
bpguy

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2017, 10:16:13 AM »

In my experience, Mormons are some of the nicest and most respectable people. However, that doesn't change the history of the Mormon church nor specifically how DT is run.
[/quote]
I think you are mixing the 2.  This "order" that he is a member of is not affiliated with the Mormon church at all.  They are their own group that have split off from the original church.  Like any other protestant church that split apart.  They have no affiliation with the mormon church.  This is some good information for the character of Nick Young, but should not be sole decision not to do business with them.  Their business practices of continual lies should be the decision maker.
o2mover
^

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2017, 10:21:42 AM »

Read some history about the mormon church.

I think you are confusing the actions/decisions of a few mormon church members with the doctrine of the mormon church. Using that rule all religions are bad because some of their members ultimately take/make unauthorized actions/decisions. I'm sure I could find fault with your religion. Even those who claim no religion are a religion and subject to the same scrutiny. Take the atheist religion, wasn't that little butthead that shot up the church just last week preaching his atheist religion and by force.
I found a scripture that says "the whole need no physician except they that are sick" and brother we are all sick to one degree or another.
If you have an issue with a specific religion maybe one of the directives stated by the main man would be in order. "Ye shall know them by their fruits....." Matt 7:16-21.
Now if only we would pick our politicians using the "by their fruits" measuring stick......
Kublah

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2017, 11:03:50 AM »

This thread has turned into sickening character assassination. What in the world has happened on this MDR Bullpup forum where faith has become a discussion point for DT and the MDR rifle? These posts should be deleted.
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2017, 11:06:19 AM »

This thread has turned into sickening character assassination. What in the world has happened on this MDR Bullpup forum where faith has become a discussion point for DT and the MDR rifle? These posts should be deleted.

I second the motion.
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2017, 11:49:57 AM »

Just once I'd like to see people stay on topic. This is why we can't have nice things. Locked.

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length