Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 12:07:38 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Trigger reset on Geisselle Trigger Pack FIXED
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Trigger reset on Geisselle Trigger Pack FIXED  (Read 495 times)
SteveD

« on: November 01, 2017, 11:33:10 PM »

I've been doin it for a while but double tapping on my Tavor with the Geisselle Trigger pack and bow has been difficult. It isn't like an AR trigger, which I spend some time behind. The trigger reset forces me to release it all the way almost vs an AR trigger where you can reset it like "halfway". I end up trying to pull the trigger before the reset. Any way to get past this because with my Fostech Echo trigger on my AR the muscle memory gets confused easily...

EDIT: I think the screw may have backed out on me but I did tighten the adjustment screw back to where it can barely engage/disengage the safety. It makes the trigger more stiff but it seems to work out. I just didn't want to lose my zero from taking out the barrel!

Edit: Now that I keep playing with it and trying out my Geissele 2 stage SSE trigger, I figured out where I'm having problems. The spring to reset the trigger feels very weak. On the AR15, after pulling the trigger, I just have to let go with a little force and the (spring that resets?) the trigger gives it a nice shove and I'm back and ready to go. On my tavor, there is barely any force and it feels like a baby push so it forces me to let go of the trigger before it can reset. I know some people may say I'm suppose to let go of the trigger and pull again, but I'm used to riding the trigger and keeping it till I can feel that click and then I pull. The flat face of the Lightning Bow doesn't help also. If my finger lands on the trigger very high, I mess up with the pull. I don't know how to explain it. I tried adjusting the slack a little more but just ended up with a trigger that didn't reset unless I flipped the safety.

Edit: Ended up just making the trigger pull as heavy as it could before it binds the trigger. It helps a bit, and I'm hoping that is all I need.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 06:11:00 PM by SteveD » Logged
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 11:54:25 PM »

Hmm...i don't think I noticed that with my tavor sar.
But then again I don't think I ever really tried to do a double tap with my tavor.
I've shot it fast.
I will have to give it a try next time I'm out to the range.
Theres a guy on a tavor facebook group who uses the x95 for competition.
I'll ask him about this.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Hit Factor

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 03:37:03 AM »

Adjusting the slack out of the bow will cut down how far the trigger 'swings'. Maybe there is more work to be done with the bow?
SteveD

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 01:29:40 PM »

The trigger pull is very short. Barely moves and bam, click. I feel like it's the overtravel that is messing with me.
Rastoff

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 02:33:00 PM »

I guess I don't know exactly what you mean. The reset between my AR and my Geissele trigger are almost identical. The only difference I see is that the Geissele in the X95 is two stage so, it feels like it has a little slack when it really doesn't have any. But the reset is nice and short on mine.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
cciman

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 04:11:48 PM »

The first NEW Geissele pack I had on my X95 had a sluggish reset-- I almost had to push the trigger back forward.  I sent the pack back to Geissele, and they sent me a new one without explanation.  Replacement piece works great.

(Yes, the first one was designed to work in X95 and I bought it directly from Geissele).

You may want to send it back and avoid all the mystery, hair pulling, and trial and error.  These should be just plug and play.
SteveD

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 05:51:50 PM »

Back to square one with my rifle Sad. Explanation in first post.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 09:07:39 PM »

The answer you seek is a Tav-D

AR
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:43:59 PM by Aussie E » Logged
SteveD

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 09:59:43 PM »

I have even reinstalled my Lightning Bow and filed down things to make sure nothing was snagging. I then switched back to the OEM Trigger Pack after still having no success with the Geissele, with the extra spring removed, and it works like how I want it. After pulling the trigger, I just slightly ease off the trigger and the spring just instantly pushes the trigger back to reset and I'm ready to shoot again. The geissele has no force, whatsoever, to bypass any pull weight with your finger still on it. You have to let go of the trigger completely and then the trigger will reset vs a strong, positive reset while you still have some pull weight on the trigger.

I've contacted Geissele and am waiting on them to call me back.
cciman

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 12:00:51 AM »

Better to call them, otherwise you will be waiting on email.

see my previous post in your topic.

Just send it back-- it will be right the next time you put it back in, but I would avoid any more self-doctoring on it.  You may make it worse or create new problems.
Rastoff

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 11:56:41 AM »

Yes, there is definitely something wrong. My Geissele trigger works amazing and doesn't exhibit any of the weakness you're describing.

I hope they get it fixed up for you.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length