Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 08:08:09 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  MDR Cancelations and refund timelines
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: MDR Cancelations and refund timelines  (Read 1944 times)
Articlion

« on: November 01, 2017, 04:16:18 PM »

After the latest missed release of batch two (MDR # 10 through 20) I am canceling my ordered and getting out why DT is still solvent enough to provide refunds. I am in the same boat every one else is in i paid in full upfront and my shipping date keeps getting missed and pushed back even though Nick Young himself had the audacity to state (after the officially release party and the end of the monthly updates) the  shipping dates on the website would be correct. yet mine has moved 3 times since then.
 I  started this thread to see what timelines people are seeing for their refund to arrive. Since their has been some issues with other people receiving theirs in a timely manner. Now we can track DT ability to refund peoples hard earned cash. Plus all the cancelations will move the ones who are staying in up a notch in line so at least their will be some good news in the MDR Threads.

ordered mine march 2016
current estimated DT ship date nov 30 2017
canceled nov 1 2017
expected refund per DT policy dec 1 2017 (DT refund policy must hold on to customers prepaid money for an additional 30 days to soak up that interest)
alternative rifle probably Tavor 7 
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 04:21:43 PM »

I hope you get your refund in a timely manner, it sucks that this is the case in regards to the MDR.
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 04:33:40 PM »

I would wait a few months after the release of the tavor 7. By then you will have a comparison of the 2 and dt hopefully will have their issues together by then.
And you can decide then.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

INV136

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 04:58:07 PM »

Since the first ones were shipped, my estimated delivery date hasn't changed. However, they missed that date (yesterday and have not updated their website with a new date). But, I suspected that they would not be able to make my delivery date because of the delay to get out the orders that were made before I made mine in February 2016.

Also, since I've been reading about some of the problems that some of the shipped ones have had, I fully expected that my MDR would be delayed again. Actually I was hoping that they would delay my MDR until they work out all of the problems that the first ones experienced. I'd much rather wait longer and get a problem free MDR than get one now that I might need to send back to the factory for correction. As it is now, I'm guesstimating that mine should be delivered by December, even though they haven't updated my delivery date. As long as they send me one that is problem free, I'll be happy.  Wink
Articlion

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 05:16:50 PM »

I would wait a few months after the release of the tavor 7. By then you will have a comparison of the 2 and dt hopefully will have their issues together by then.
And you can decide then.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

agreed the only reason i stayed in this long was i did not see a comparable 308 bullpup but now with the tavor 7 being introduced their is at least a comparable product available and who knows the mdr may be better and i might pick one up but i am tired of being mislead and lied too over the past few years. DT should have kept their mouth shut about the mdr unit that had about a 1000 production rifles ready to go and then announce it. here is our new rifle ready to purchase now. But i guess they would not have had all the preorder funding if they did that.
 the other thing i detest is when nee comes on here and dodges deflects and only serves up self serving statements which turn out to be lies.
JK919

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 05:27:56 PM »

Requested Nov 1st, back to card.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 06:01:28 PM »

And you can decide then.

might have to side with Tvfreakarms on this one.  the mdr is built in a similar vein to their precision rifles.  having not handled one you still get an idea of quality through videos and photos.  i've never been concerned with the product; subtle issues are expected with innovative design.  my biggest concern has always been production capabilities...meeting demand.  kel-tec is a small company twice the size of DT and they continue to struggle with demand, so i'm not surprised with DT's apparent situation.  

demand will likely be high for the tavor 7 so it might be a longer wait for both rifles.  even then more hands-on videos should be available along with peers providing feedback/comparisons.  the tavor 7 looks nice...chrome lined free floated barrel, charging handle can slide from side to side in an instant, 4 position gas regulator with off option,  quick swap ejection, pic rail and mlok options on fore-end and so on, but i'm still leaning towards the MDR as it's lighter and offers a lot of the aforementioned in a more efficient fashion.
Raptor
^

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 10:03:07 PM »

...and dt hopefully will have their issues together by then.

In the infamous words or "Larry - The Cable Guy" And apparently the Cars movie:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTeuHg4dZFw
dmitry

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 12:06:21 PM »

Refunds should be processed back to the customer's card within 5-7 working days - that's the normal timeline in any other business.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 08:20:09 PM »

Refunds should be processed back to the customer's card within 5-7 working days - that's the normal timeline in any other business.

Not necessarily; it depends on the business, their billing model, and how they manage their books.  Also, depending on the amount, there may be a requirement for senior management to approve it.  The company I used to work for had a 30 day window to refund a client's money and our approval process usually allowed us to get it out within two billing cycles (each cycle was about 7-8 days), or, in the case of amounts over $500 or so, we had to get GM/VP approval which could add one or two more cycles depending on their schedule. 

Kurt
Sdevante
^

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 09:51:14 AM »

Not necessarily; it depends on the business, their billing model, and how they manage their books.  Also, depending on the amount, there may be a requirement for senior management to approve it.  The company I used to work for had a 30 day window to refund a client's money and our approval process usually allowed us to get it out within two billing cycles (each cycle was about 7-8 days), or, in the case of amounts over $500 or so, we had to get GM/VP approval which could add one or two more cycles depending on their schedule. 

Kurt, seriously, a 30 refund window is s***, and itís a bit ridiculous if you to defend this on top of everything else.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 11:08:56 AM »

Not necessarily; it depends on the business, their billing model, and how they manage their books.  Also, depending on the amount, there may be a requirement for senior management to approve it.  The company I used to work for had a 30 day window to refund a client's money and our approval process usually allowed us to get it out within two billing cycles (each cycle was about 7-8 days), or, in the case of amounts over $500 or so, we had to get GM/VP approval which could add one or two more cycles depending on their schedule.  

Kurt, seriously, a 30 refund window is s***, and itís a bit ridiculous if you to defend this on top of everything else.

Not sure why this is even a concern and why DT would receive backlash for this.  Likewise, it could take up to 30 days with Paypal to receive a refund, as declared, along with many other merchants.  DT is far from being the ONLY company with this sort of refund structure.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:01:39 PM by HBeretta » Logged
Tubal

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2017, 11:28:13 AM »

Not necessarily; it depends on the business, their billing model, and how they manage their books.  Also, depending on the amount, there may be a requirement for senior management to approve it.  The company I used to work for had a 30 day window to refund a client's money and our approval process usually allowed us to get it out within two billing cycles (each cycle was about 7-8 days), or, in the case of amounts over $500 or so, we had to get GM/VP approval which could add one or two more cycles depending on their schedule.  

It may be, but it's pretty common.  I pre-ordered a new wifi mini sous vide kitchen cooker earlier this year.  I believe it was around March, with an expected ship date of October.  In September, they sent an email out that said "hey it looks like we had some delays, and we aren't going to be able to ship until next March.  We're just letting you know."  I requested a refund, got a confirmation about the cancellation that same day, and didn't get a refund until 3 weeks later, after I emailed again asking about it.  And this was only $70 back to my credit card.

It's one thing to return a product and have the money go back on your credit card from the merchant's credit card account.

It's another thing to send in money 12-24 months prior, have them verify you really did, have them verify you didn't already get a refund, have them verify your current address, have them verify they have the funds in the account they are refunding you from, etc.  Especially when it's $2500.  I'm guessing the 30 days is "up to" and in actuality, it's not normally that long.

We'll see what JK919 from earlier in this thread says.  He requested his on 11/1.

ammomans

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 12:53:59 PM »

I guess it was a good thing I ordered from my vendor and not DT directly - When I emailed my vendor asking for a refund, less than a week later they had credited it back to the card (and I ordered early last year)

I was a little concerned because the original card I gave them had been compromised and my bank sent me a replacement, but my bank processed the refund and credited it to my new card.

It really shouldn't take more than a day or two *if* DT handles their finances correctly...
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2017, 08:28:20 PM »

I'm not defending it, I'm simply telling you how some companies in real life actually work because I was involved in it.  Whether you like it or not isn't my problem, it's reality.  The average CS clerk is often not authorized to issue any sort of fast or instant refund more than about $100 or so and anything more than that requires documentation to prove that its a valid refund and several layers of approval to prevent fraud or inside theft.

I'd post this regardless of who the company is.

Kurt
JK919

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 08:47:23 PM »

Yeah Iíve heard up to 30 days is fairly standard.
dmitry

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 10:35:19 AM »

Well perhaps that's true - my main experience has been receiving refunds in 5-7 working days.
JK919

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 02:45:55 PM »

That would be nice. Itís been 2 weeks and still nothing yet.
Raptor
^

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 04:39:17 PM »

I have to agree with Kurt somewhat on this, many companies have a 30 and sometimes 90 day refund policy. However when I have had to get a refund from those companies it is usually within 5-7 working days even though their policy gives them a much larger window.

~Raptor
Dragoon

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 06:00:53 PM »

That would be nice. Itís been 2 weeks and still nothing yet.

What's your order status on DT's website?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length