Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 12:11:30 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  How are you guys "slinging" your bullpup?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: How are you guys "slinging" your bullpup?  (Read 1311 times)
Leonitus

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2017, 05:52:16 PM »

Some great thoughts.

What is mounted on your rail aft of the optic?
Rastoff

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2017, 10:20:46 PM »

What is mounted on your rail aft of the optic?
I have very high cheek bones. While most people find the rail too low, I find it too high. When I try to get a good cheek weld, I usually see the mount under the optic. So, I 3D printed a cheek riser. It's not elegant, but is functional and puts my eye right in the middle of the ACOG with a standard AR true co-witness height mount.

The "silver" part just at the rear of the rail is a clamp I machined to hold the riser in place. Then I put some double-side sticky tape under the rear of the riser to keep it from wiggling left to right.

So far, it works great. I have not tested it under extreme conditions. I intend to put it to the test in Feb when I go to an intensive long (I use that term loosely with the X95) gun training.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Leonitus

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2017, 08:03:30 PM »

Thats awesome.......thanks for the explanation
joelad

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 03:42:56 PM »

I use the Magpul MS1 padded sling. I shoot right handed, so the front is on the left side, and the rear on on the right rear. The sling fall naturally over the buttplate when hanging.
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 09:47:55 PM »

I use the Magpul MS1 padded sling. I shoot right handed, so the front is on the left side, and the rear on on the right rear. The sling fall naturally over the buttplate when hanging.

I mentioned regular MS1's in my first post in this thread, but I also use a couple of padded MS1's for my heavier rifles like AR10's and a chassis bolt rifle for hunting.  That little bit of padding really helps when toting one of the beast guns...LOL!  Honestly, I think there are a lot of very good slings available these days, but the padded MS1 offers a nice soft spot without it being the old, fat, fluffy padded versions of yesteryear.  For heavier guns, it's a nice option.  I use the regular MS1 on the Tavor.
kingof9x

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 08:08:05 PM »

IWI has an article on this topic to go with the video that was posted earlier - https://iwiacademy.us/experts-corner-how-to-use-a-sling/
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length