Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 08:35:13 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Republican proposed ban
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Republican proposed ban  (Read 1036 times)
critter

« on: October 11, 2017, 03:39:32 PM »

Please spread this far and wide. https://youtu.be/sCLoIorYguU
Box

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 04:53:55 PM »

Letís hope people donít ignore it.
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 04:57:00 PM »

That's some scary scary s***. I hope they don't end up banning geissely triggers because I have one in my AR and it's sweet. I hope they contain the ban to the bumpfire stocks only, and not everything to even include faster buffer springs, triggers, etc. It seems like it's a simple matter of the legislators not understanding all the technical details. Perhaps if someone could explain it to them so they can revise the bill before it's submitted.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 05:23:30 PM »

Those redcoats are violating their oaths they swore.

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
Ross

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 05:54:28 PM »

That's some scary scary s***. I hope they don't end up banning geissely triggers because I have one in my AR and it's sweet. I hope they contain the ban to the bumpfire stocks only, and not everything to even include faster buffer springs, triggers, etc. It seems like it's a simple matter of the legislators not understanding all the technical details. Perhaps if someone could explain it to them so they can revise the bill before it's submitted.

"I hope they contain the ban to the bumpfire stocks only" Really dude, we people of the gun shouldn't want anything banned, not slide fire, not bumpfire, not any of it!!
Ditcher
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 06:04:14 PM »

They said it them self's.  No law would have prevented this shooting.  So why pass a bill that wont stop anything just to feel good?
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 06:07:19 PM »

I hope they contain the ban to the bumpfire stocks only, and not everything to even include faster buffer springs, triggers, etc. It seems like it's a simple matter of the legislators not understanding all the technical details.

Revise? "No" is easier to say and understand.

Logically, they can't simply ban bump fire stocks when there's something like binary triggers that exist. And if they ban those devices by name, experience has shown that engineers are creative enough to come up with something else. For example, the California legal "bullet button". So "increased rate of fire" is the only way to cast a wide enough net if reducing the rate of fire is your goal.

There's also the problem that simple, everyday items like belt loops or wooden dowels can be used to increase the rate of fire. Or those nice competition triggers. (Your Geissely or the trigger jobs and replacements on most of my guns.) Muzzle brakes that make a gun more controllable? That's a way to increase the rate of fire. What about simply practicing? Just by itself that can increase your ability to fire faster. Lighter buffers? Suppressors (more bolt speed = faster rate of fire)? Coated bolts and carriers to increase lubricity and durability? Faster rate of fire.

Then there's simple definition problem. Faster? Faster than what? How much faster? Than some arbitrary number? Than the limitations imposed by government design requirements (like trigger weight, length of pull, etc.)?

Hopefully you get the idea. It can't be done in a way that doesn't leave room for the kind of gun grabber feature creep that keeps Diane Feinstein awake at night like a kid on Christmas Eve.

Furthermore, even Diane Feinstein admitted that there was no law that would have stopped the evil a****** that shot up the concert in Vegas. So why pass laws that cannot do anything but violate the "Supreme Law of the Land"? Maybe we can figure out how to identify and stop such thoroughly broken people before they act. IMHO, that is where our focus should be as a nation. That has the additional benefit of possibly working, and definitely without punishing every single law-abiding person for the crimes of one evil loon.

Besides, there's a simple way to make bump stocks go away: End existing infringements of the 2nd Amendment that violate its stated purpose (preserving a free state). Then no one will care about them.

Bottom line: The government has no more right to violate laws than we do.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 07:00:30 PM »

The NRA has released a statement confirming that it opposes this legislation.

http://thehill.com/regulation/355183-nra-comes-out-against-legislation-banning-bump-stocks

Kurt
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 07:55:21 PM »

EWTHeckman: You should be the president of the NRA.

Shame on all of you who say bump stocks should be banned. Full auto shouldn't have been banned in the first place! I wish you would realize the can of worms you're opening by agreeing with the communists on this issue. Banning an accessory that makes a semi-auto rifle fire faster is a real quick way to end up banning semi-autos altogether.

How ironic that all of this is happening while Republicans have control of the presidency, house and senate.

3 weeks ago we were celebrating how the constitutional violations of our rights regarding suppressor ownership should soon be coming to an end, finally. Now one guy goes crazy and we have legislation getting proposed that is going to ultimately ban semi-auto rifles in the USA.

And people think there isn't a bigger plan behind all this...

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 08:29:06 PM »

And people think there isn't a bigger plan behind all this...

As a Christian, I can say that there is. Is there some sort of plan on a human level? That's hard to say. It seems awfully coincidental.  chin scratching chin scratching

I've seen speculation that the shooter was deliberately non-specific about motive and over-the-top in his guns specifically to push gun control. I'm not sure I buy that idea, but neither can I rule it out.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:31:24 PM by EWTHeckman » Logged
Leonitus

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 08:46:19 PM »

We need to vote every one of these sorry b*******s out of office
Radius13
^

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 11:06:49 PM »

Please do remember that when one of these dummies is voted out, someone else (possibly a dem.) will need to replace him/her.

We may not like it but you might want to see who the alternative is before blindly voting these folks out.
  Remember, bad in an instance such as this is bad, but bad on this and everything else (like a dem. even more likely could be) is worse.

I am definitely not saying to just keep them; I just want y'all to make sure there is a good alternative before setting the Republican Party back further via good (and completely reasonable) intentions.

Also, remember that if there are 2 republicans running versus one dem., it is even easier for the dem. to win as our votes get split unless we are all on the same page.
Example:
1 vs 1: Rep=60% vs Dem=40% <--Hooray
2 vs 1: Rep1=30% & Rep2=30% vs Dem=40% <--Boo

Well, you get the point.

Also, having said all that, I do think you should get on the phone (or better yet, go in person) and tell these folks how their intentions may be honorable, but there is not a good way to "fix" anything by limiting us and shifting even more power away from the citizens.

That is all.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 11:24:05 PM »

Also, remember that if there are 2 republicans running versus one dem., it is even easier for the dem. to win as our votes get split unless we are all on the same page.
Example:
1 vs 1: Rep=60% vs Dem=40% <--Hooray
2 vs 1: Rep1=30% & Rep2=30% vs Dem=40% <--Boo

Only in some states where they allow multiple people to run in a winner take all election to fill a vacant seat.  Most states require a primary and then a general election, with the general election limited to only those candidates who won their party's nomination.

Kurt
Ditcher
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 11:58:15 PM »

I think Steve Banner has a plan on replacing some of these Rep.  I'll have to find the video if I have time.
Radius13
^

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 06:55:18 AM »

To Kfelt:  Yep, that is true too. I agree your point should definitely also be taken into consideration based on a person's local election rules.

I just wanted to promote planning ahead over knee-jerk reactions.
(Although I'll admit I had the same first response and likely have the same long term goal.)

Thanks.

That is all.
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 12:01:36 PM »

Here's a good, timely reminder from Colion Noir, ironically speaking with the NRA's endorsement only a little over 1.5 years ago.

The Future of Gun Control
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length