Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 05:39:49 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Tavor 7 under the lights........
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Tavor 7 under the lights........  (Read 3607 times)
tavor hollow

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 07:45:23 PM »

IV never shot the Daniel defense but last I heard they said it fail short of the price tag. I'm not saying that like I know its just the reviews. I am still really hot for a v11 or I've considered bcm. But every thing I've read or watched the m& p ar10 is surprising all with its accuracy. I know those are different calibers. The m&p also has a light barrel in 5r and I think it comes in at 7.7# this doesn't really matter because I would like the tavor7. I just hope it will shoot its money worth.
Mindless-Focus

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2017, 09:01:21 PM »

I thought the term for something being in the wild is when a product is released and its found in the hands of a normal ordany person and outside the contol of the manufacure?

Jesse

Actually, yeah. This is just on display. Semantics, I know.
Pathfinder2041

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 06:37:47 AM »

Can't wait until a few get into the hands of journalist and see what they think of shooting it. 

In the back patiently waiting for a 20" 6.5 creedmoor conversion kit!
Diverbelow

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2017, 08:59:03 AM »

I like the way it looks, just wish it had the magazine release where the Sar is.
racky
^

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2017, 01:34:23 PM »

Looks pretty X 95ish  to me, I just hope its accurate enough to compete with the ar 10"s out there, AND if IWI is smart, they"ll offer the TAVOR 7, in multiple calibers---That way they can compete with the MDR, and competition always benefits the consumers.
Dragoon
Banned

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2017, 09:27:38 PM »

I really like it and I hope:

1. The cutlass grip can be swapped to a normal pistol grip
2. Some type of recoil pad. No pad with 5.56 is ok but .308 needs something, call me a p***y if you want I don't care lol.
Grizz

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2017, 04:46:03 PM »

I want to see one in .45ACP
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 08:31:57 PM by Grizz » Logged
xpdchief

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2017, 08:27:37 PM »

I really like it and I hope:

1. The cutlass grip can be swapped to a normal pistol grip
2. Some type of recoil pad. No pad with 5.56 is ok but .308 needs something, call me a p***y if you want I don't care lol.

p***y!  Grin

Respectfully submitted,
Brian
cciman

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2017, 05:38:22 PM »

Put your money where your mouth is.  
Given the advantages of the bullpup, and IWI platform, I think the 7 is a winner.    I like the cutlass.  I have the pistol grip and miss the extra carry handle.

I'm your huckleberry.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 05:44:24 PM by cciman » Logged
blottogg

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2017, 06:28:23 PM »

I like the way it looks, just wish it had the magazine release where the Sar is.

I like the mag release on my Tavor SAR too, but looking at the photos it looks like they increased the distance between the pistol grip and the mag well on the Tavor 7, which would make the technique of releasing the magazine with the back of your strong-side thumb a bit of a stretch.  Without having one in hand though, I can't be sure.  IWI should send me one so I can investigate and report  Grin.

Hoping for a 20" DMR variant with 1-1.5 MOA accuracy, in .308 (cheaper, more common ammo, longer barrel life) or 6.5 Creedmoor (better ballistics, longer range).  I'm not picky.

Anybody heard any more rumors about the retail release date?  I'm ready to tell IWI "Shut up and take my money!"
boscoman

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2017, 02:50:49 PM »

I like the mag release on my Tavor SAR too, but looking at the photos it looks like they increased the distance between the pistol grip and the mag well on the Tavor 7, which would make the technique of releasing the magazine with the back of your strong-side thumb a bit of a stretch.  Without having one in hand though, I can't be sure.  IWI should send me one so I can investigate and report  Grin.

Hoping for a 20" DMR variant with 1-1.5 MOA accuracy, in .308 (cheaper, more common ammo, longer barrel life) or 6.5 Creedmoor (better ballistics, longer range).  I'm not picky.

Anybody heard any more rumors about the retail release date?  I'm ready to tell IWI "Shut up and take my money!"

Ditto. Only I am more than happy with .308, have plenty for years worth of shooting. I would appreciate a January release or even better a December surprise. Here's hoping the IWI does not jerk us off with one delay after another.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 02:52:38 PM by boscoman » Logged

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
Dragoon
Banned

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2017, 07:29:13 PM »

I like the mag release on my Tavor SAR too, but looking at the photos it looks like they increased the distance between the pistol grip and the mag well on the Tavor 7, which would make the technique of releasing the magazine with the back of your strong-side thumb a bit of a stretch.  Without having one in hand though, I can't be sure.  IWI should send me one so I can investigate and report  Grin.

Hoping for a 20" DMR variant with 1-1.5 MOA accuracy, in .308 (cheaper, more common ammo, longer barrel life) or 6.5 Creedmoor (better ballistics, longer range).  I'm not picky.

Anybody heard any more rumors about the retail release date?  I'm ready to tell IWI "Shut up and take my money!"

Ditto. Only I am more than happy with .308, have plenty for years worth of shooting. I would appreciate a January release or even better a December surprise. Here's hoping the IWI does not jerk us off with one delay after another.

What you don't like hearing, "two mo weeks" over and over? lol. I am very excited for a Tavor 7, and I hope it's at least a 2 MOA gun.
NightStar
New Posting Member

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2017, 05:05:45 AM »

What is the point of buying this if its not going to be adopted by the IDF? This rifle has no collector value, unless your into sporting frankenstein guns and using your imagination. All I am seeing is a chimera grown in a "domestic" lab and sold as a "mutt" to conform to our laws. Then again I prefer the classic sar for its purebreed aesthetics and IDF adoption pedigree. Just look at this from my perspective at the end of the day if I spend high dollar H&K Audi/ BMW money on a bullpup firearm it better look as good as it functions if not better. I just cannot see myself buying this gun over a K&M m17s 308 or steyr scout (if gun regulations nationwide become more communist). But that's a different boating "accident" story. Now if art makes a trigger pack  or if gearhead works a little magic with the 7, I might change my tune. But I  just don't see that happening in the near future, as they are barely making enough tailhooks to go around as it is.

* 1Tavor7-660x341.jpg (15.9 KB, 660x341 - viewed 81 times.)
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2017, 12:21:41 PM »

What is the point of buying this if its not going to be adopted by the IDF? This rifle has no collector value, unless your into sporting frankenstein guns and using your imagination. All I am seeing is a chimera grown in a "domestic" lab and sold as a "mutt" to conform to our laws. Then again I prefer the classic sar for its purebreed aesthetics and IDF adoption pedigree. Just look at this from my perspective at the end of the day if I spend high dollar H&K Audi/ BMW money on a bullpup firearm it better look as good as it functions if not better. I just cannot see myself buying this gun over a K&M m17s 308 or steyr scout (if gun regulations nationwide become more communist). But that's a different boating "accident" story. Now if art makes a trigger pack  or if gearhead works a little magic with the 7, I might change my tune. But I  just don't see that happening in the near future, as they are barely making enough tailhooks to go around as it is.

Well...OK...that was interesting.
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2017, 01:15:31 PM »

Maybe you don't see any reason to buy this, but I'm sure many are thrilled for a .308 Tavor. Collectibility isnt on many people's brain when they buy a gun, I'm sure the 7 falls under functional guns rather than a collectible for now.  Frankly, I'd rather get the Tavor 7 over the M17S any day of the week.

Why are you shooting for a new trigger pack for an unreleased firearm Though? There's hardly any info regarding the trigger.
boscoman

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2017, 07:06:30 PM »

Maybe you don't see any reason to buy this, but I'm sure many are thrilled for a .308 Tavor. Collectibility isnt on many people's brain when they buy a gun, I'm sure the 7 falls under functional guns rather than a collectible for now.  Frankly, I'd rather get the Tavor 7 over the M17S any day of the week.

Why are you shooting for a new trigger pack for an unreleased firearm Though? There's hardly any info regarding the trigger.

Agreed. I have about 5 years worth of .308 & prefer it over .223 any day.
Also I will bet that before you know it the IDF will be using this rifle along with other military's that have been using the Tavor platform.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
Bimbim18

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2017, 09:24:28 AM »

is it 7.62x39 or 52?
ExaltedVanguard

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2017, 12:19:44 PM »

is it 7.62x39 or 52?

7.62x51 aka 7.62 NATO, often interchangeable with .308 Win.

It should be noted that we currently have no official data saying that the rifle is .308 Win rated (which has virtually the same cartridge dimensions, but is loaded to a higher pressure). In all likelyhood it'll run it fine, but just a PSA.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 12:56:37 PM by ExaltedVanguard » Logged
SteveD

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2017, 02:43:35 PM »

There will always be an itch to get this rifle because hey, its a Tavor, and it's in the big bad 308 caliber. However, I don't see me NEEDING the caliber upgrade. Got plenty of 223/556 stashed away and a 556 can in jail (yes, I know I probably should have got a 30 cal can w/ end cap but the one I wanted wasn't in stock and a lot more expensive after the Vegas incident). I don't see myself engaging anything past 100 yards and 556 is very capable. But boy do I want one...
MajorKong

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2017, 03:57:26 PM »

I'd rather hunt hogs with a .308 vs a .223. 

I'll buy a Tavor 7 without hesitation.  But only after they have been in production for at least a year. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length