Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 08:33:49 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The Zombie Apocalypse is happening, what rifle do you grab?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Which one would you grab if you could only grab one?
M4/M16 variant   -4 (22.2%)
AKM/AK47 variant   -3 (16.7%)
Bullpup, Tavor, AUG, Etc   -9 (50%)
Other explain   -2 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: The Zombie Apocalypse is happening, what rifle do you grab?  (Read 1582 times)
spyderco monkey

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 04:17:52 AM »

Following SandyHook, .22lr was weather easy to acquire when I lived in Kansas.
Guess they didnít horde. I always keep a good amount on hand.

In a Zombie deal, you would have to forage for everything. The ammo wouldnít be on shelves. The vast amount of it would lead me to believe it would be the easiest to find.

I am rethinking my selection now. .22lr would be the easiest to carry large amounts of. That may be a good idea. Easier to suppress super quiet as well.

The issue with .22lr is reliability - .22lr weapons jam at a much higher rate then centerfire weapons, and the physical priming method of rimfire is less reliable - sometimes you get a "dead zone" where there is no priming compound in the rim.

Then of course there is the issue of being able to defend yourself against human aggressors, likely when fighting from a position of ambush in order to steal people's supplies.

Leonitus

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 08:05:40 AM »

Good point...however, if I were to take a .22lr, it would be a lever action
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:34:59 AM by Leonitus » Logged
Heavy

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2017, 08:44:36 AM »

Good point...however, if I were to take a .22lr, it would be a lever action
Single action all the way. The worlds over, imma burn out stylin with my stetson and my CAS rig. Pair of schofields, cimarron 1873, and an original winchester 1897.... in addition to all of my autoloaders. Doubt anything will be left behind. Ive got rifles in all the major calibers, probably would start with the tavor though.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:49:58 AM by Heavy » Logged
7n6

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2017, 02:56:34 AM »

I only have a Marlin 60 and an old Remington take down pump. Neither have ever jammed through tens of thousands of rounds. Some bad rounds maybe but never physically jammed.
Leonitus

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2017, 07:18:34 AM »

I only have a Marlin 60 and an old Remington take down pump. Neither have ever jammed through tens of thousands of rounds. Some bad rounds maybe but never physically jammed.

Iíve got a Henry that is smooth as buttah........uber-reliable
7n6

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2017, 04:31:54 PM »

I would probably take a bolt action for hunting and go as far north as possible because the last place I'd personally want to be is in the middle of it all when something that catastrophic takes place.

7n6
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:50:18 PM by 7n6 » Logged
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 11:40:15 PM »

Iíve got a Henry that is smooth as buttah........uber-reliable

I have that same Henry H001 Lever action in .22lr, that I installed Skinner peep sights on. It's amazing. Smooth action, super crisp trigger.

I also have the Marlin model 60. Great barrel; most accurate semi-auto .22lr, but mediocre trigger... until you buy the KAT trigger job for the Marlin 60. Then it makes it soooo much more accurate. I snipe squirrels with head shots from my roof at 30 meters away from an open legged seated position using a 4x ultra light Leupold scope, with that rifle during squirrel season.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 11:48:47 PM by Frostburg » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length