Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 04:39:05 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  X95 butt pad preference.....
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Which x95 butt pad do you prefer?
Stock   -2 (15.4%)
Manticore curved   -3 (23.1%)
Thin   -8 (61.5%)
Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: X95 butt pad preference.....  (Read 699 times)
Leonitus

« on: October 04, 2017, 07:22:57 PM »

Just curious, trying to see what people like.

RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 08:06:10 PM »

Manticore.

If I could rock the thin one I would, but I don't want to pin weld or SBR.

The manticore gives a way better cheek weld than the stock one.  Really makes the rifle much more handy, and easy to aquire sights. 
I feel like the stock one makes peoples cheekwelds too low, which is why so many people buy aftermarket optics rails.

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
Leonitus

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 08:30:53 PM »

Iím contemplating pinning a device. Shot a friendís Ď95 with a thin pad, loved it.
Hivedr.

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 08:39:01 PM »

I don't mind the OEM butt pad it works well for me and my family. Have tried the thin pad on a friends rifle and found it a bit short. The Manticore works well too, but to my eye just does not look as "finished" and is not "balanced" to the overall blocky lines of the X95.

So either the OEM or Manticore depending on your taste work best IMO.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 08:49:45 PM »

FWIW, I plan on buying several Tavors, and they are all going to have manticore buttpads on them.  You might have to minorly fit your manticore to your tavor, but it's worth it.  I've had bad experiences with pin welds ( made a bump in the barrels chrome lining, and one came loose ) so I avoid pin welds now.

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
dntam

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 09:12:08 PM »

I like the short pad on my 18 inch x95. I put a short mini comp on it so its probably only an inch longer than the 16.5 inch version.

Savvydog

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 10:57:06 PM »

I tried the Manticore and did not like the sticky rubber pad.  This week I pinned a Ron Smith vortex flashhider, and then replaced the Manticore butt pad with an IWI slim butt pad.  This is the best my X95 has felt.  The vortex flashhider was pre drilled, so the install was drill, insert pin and weld over.
Leonitus

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 06:29:55 AM »

FWIW, I plan on buying several Tavors, and they are all going to have manticore buttpads on them.  You might have to minorly fit your manticore to your tavor, but it's worth it.  I've had bad experiences with pin welds ( made a bump in the barrels chrome lining, and one came loose ) so I avoid pin welds now.

Interesting. Iíve done and seen quite a few and have never seen that happen. Guess there is a 1st time for everything.
Verfed

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 02:36:07 PM »

I like the short pad on my 18 inch x95. I put a short mini comp on it so its probably only an inch longer than the 16.5 inch version.

I thought pinning even the standard flash hider wasn't enough; that the OAL would still be under 26'' and one had to affix a longer flash hider to get it to legal length. But you pinned an even shorter muzzle device and it's good to go over the legal length?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:51:17 PM by Verfed » Logged
Leonitus

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 04:22:28 PM »

I thought pinning even the standard flash hider wasn't enough; that the OAL would still be under 26'' and one had to attix a longer flash hider to get it to legal length. But you pinned an even shorter muzzle device and it's good to go over the legal length? Do you mind uploading pictures?

A standard length 1.875'' flash hider will create a 26.75'' Tavor when installed on the 16.5" barrel
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 04:50:15 PM »

I thought pinning even the standard flash hider wasn't enough; that the OAL would still be under 26'' and one had to attix a longer flash hider to get it to legal length. But you pinned an even shorter muzzle device and it's good to go over the legal length? Do you mind uploading pictures?

26'' is the OAL cuttof length for SBR status

IIRC
He has the 18'' barrel, there is no need to pin a muzzle device for the thin buttpad with the 18'' barrel x95 because with the thin butt pad the OAL is over 26''.

It is only with the 16'' barrel that you need to pin weld if using the thin buttpad because the thin buttpad makes the OAL less than 26 without muzzle device.

Pretty f***ing stupid law made by idiots that know nothing about guns  rant

If I was incorrect on any of the above, please correct me.

-Thomas Jefferson
Leonitus

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 05:17:18 PM »

^^^ Pretty much nailed it......even the "stupid" part!   Grin
Verfed

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 05:55:16 PM »

I see, I misread that. I thought he meant 18'' because of the welded flash hider. My bad.

I've also thought about getting an 18'' in order to avoid the pinning hassle but I wouldn't be able to stand the bayonet lug.
Leonitus

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 06:48:28 PM »

I see, I misread that. I thought he meant 18'' because of the welded flash hider. My bad.

I've also thought about getting an 18'' in order to avoid the pinning hassle but I wouldn't be able to stand the bayonet lug.

No 18Ē available.....itís an 18.5Ē
Iím digging the lug
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 06:42:24 AM by Leonitus » Logged
l2a3

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 02:33:33 PM »

Just to throw out a warning the 26 inch measurement is WITHOUT muzzle device (bare muzzle). A 16.5 inch X-95 without the muzzle device is under 26 inches with the factory butt pad. (Something like +/- 25.25 inch).
Leonitus

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 05:14:52 PM »

Very true statement....as far as paying attention to the >26Ē
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 06:21:29 PM by Leonitus » Logged
Rastoff

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 06:16:25 PM »

Just to throw out a warning the 26 inch measurement is WITHOUT muzzle device (bare muzzle). A 16.5 inch X-95 without the muzzle device is under 26 inches with the factory butt pad. (Something like +/- 25.25 inch).
It's true that the measurement doesn't include a screw on muzzle device. However, if your measurement of 25.25" were correct, they wouldn't be able to sell any X95s in the US unless all of them were SBRs; they're not.

I just measured mine. The IWI claim of 26.125" is accurate to the end of the muzzle, not including the muzzle device. Where did you get the 25.25" measurement from?

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
l2a3

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 08:19:46 PM »

You are correct, the X-95 is just over 26 inches, without the muzzle device. My recall was bad. I was looking for a longer muzzle device, about 2.25 - 2.5 inches to allow use of the IWI thin pad, and not go SBR.
Rastoff

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 11:04:06 AM »

IWI does sell a long muzzle brake for just such a purpose.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Verfed

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 01:05:36 PM »

You are correct, the X-95 is just over 26 inches, without the muzzle device. My recall was bad. I was looking for a longer muzzle device, about 2.25 - 2.5 inches to allow use of the IWI thin pad, and not go SBR.

What do you mean a longer muzzle device? Do you mean pinning and welding the flash hider that comes with the 26in X95 still doesn't make it long enough to replace the thick buttpad with the thin buttplate?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length