Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 03:47:03 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Lancer mags
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lancer mags  (Read 439 times)
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: September 18, 2017, 05:26:46 PM »

Grabbed a couple to test out.

Fired a few hundred rounds from each with rapid fire cadence.  100% reliable with my Tavor X95.

Build quality is excellent, very tough.  Perfect mix between Gi and Pmag.

I prefer them now over Magpul and Gi mags.   Gi mags tend to break on me after a while causing malfunctions, and Pmags get spread feed lips.  I own about 10 of each Pmag and Gi mag that are now useless.  Hopefully my Lancers will outlast the others.

Lancer mags are all I plan on buying now.

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
Rastoff

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 09:03:35 PM »

Interesting. I have at least 10 PMAGs and none have spread feed lips. They all continue to function perfectly.

That said, I just bought three Lancer mags. So far, they work fine too. I don't know if I'm ready to say that I'm going to buy them exclusively, but they seem decent enough. Pricey though.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 09:59:46 PM »

Interesting. I have at least 10 PMAGs and none have spread feed lips. They all continue to function perfectly.

That said, I just bought three Lancer mags. So far, they work fine too. I don't know if I'm ready to say that I'm going to buy them exclusively, but they seem decent enough. Pricey though.

They (Lancer) offer veteran and first responder personal discounts FWIW.
You can sign up for this on their webpage.

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
Rastoff

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 12:12:01 AM »

Thanks for the info. I will contact them. That doesn't change the fact that these are more expensive than PMAGs.

Freedom isn't free.
7n6

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 02:47:23 PM »

I bought some Lancer AWM smoke mags for use with my AUG NATO stocks to mimic the factory magazines and they work well. 
Rastoff

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 03:10:20 PM »

So, I contacted Lancer about this. They responded really quickly, sent me a catalog and gave me prices for specific items. The quote they gave me for L5AWM mags? $23.95/mag. Now, I don't know where you get your mags, but that's expensive.

Personally I think they're worth it, but I have found them for a couple bucks less on the interweb.

Freedom isn't free.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 08:11:45 PM »

So, I contacted Lancer about this. They responded really quickly, sent me a catalog and gave me prices for specific items. The quote they gave me for L5AWM mags? $23.95/mag. Now, I don't know where you get your mags, but that's expensive.

Personally I think they're worth it, but I have found them for a couple bucks less on the interweb.

Were you asking about the 308 mags?  That quoted price does not sound right at all.  L5AWM are the 223 mags that I bought..

I bought a few Lancers without the discount for 15$ per mag, I wanted to test them before I bought a bunch with the discount.  I imagine the discount will put them significantly under 15$ per mag.  I was thinking probably about 11$.
23$ discount price you stated is completely insane considering you can buy them for about 10 bucks less online or locally without discount.

Edit, i just emailed them with my credentials and asked ''How much will the 223 Lancer mags cost per magazine with the discount?''.
Waiting for response.

If the discount is not less that 15$ per mag, then I won't even use it.  But after testing the mags, I think they are worth the 15+$ price points they are being sold for.  If the discount doesn't make them cheaper than buying them online or locally without the discount, then the discount would be pretty darn stupid. 
I hate how some companies offer LE/Military '' discounts '' where the product ends up being more expensive than if you just shopped around and bought it local or online without discount.  Cough cough experticity cough.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:29:15 PM by RabbitSlayer » Logged

-Thomas Jefferson
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 08:50:55 PM »

The prices that a lot of places sell Lancer mags for is below MSRP.  Lancer, the company, probably marks down from the MSRP and that is why you're seeing the price difference.

Kurt
Leonitus

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 09:28:23 AM »

Iíve been running Lancer mags for a while now. They are my SHTF mags.

I run USGI and MagPul mags at the range. Have some PMags that have been load3d for 5years and they work perfectly. No loose lips here!
dntam

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 09:42:25 AM »

Gun mag warehouse has them fir 13.99. It costs more for clear or translucent smoke. I prefer toe 20 rounders.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 06:32:45 PM »

Gun mag warehouse has them fir 13.99. It costs more for clear or translucent smoke. I prefer toe 20 rounders.

Thanks for the heads up! 

-Thomas Jefferson
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 04:07:22 PM »

I just got quoted some of the discount prices.

redacting my name from the quotes.

Here was my question

How much would
999-000-2320-01 L5AWM, 30-Round Translucent Smoke
And
999-000-2320-03 L5AWM, 30-Round Opaque Black

Cost per magazine ?
And would there be a price difference if I bought either choice in bulk (10 mags at once)?

Thank you. 

and here was their answer

Good morning *******,

Your cost for is as follow:

999-000-2320-01 / Translucent Smoke      $16.49
999-000-2320-03 / Opaque Black               $12.23

*********, we do not sell mags in bulk.   If you would rather buy bulk, please check out

our distributors online https://lancer-systems.com/awc/distributors/.  I know many of them sell in bulk.

I think 12$ per mag is pretty good, it just sucks the translucent ones have no realistic discount.  Looks like I am probably going to order 10-20 black lancer mags soon though.

EDIT:  their distributor prices suck from what I have seen.  Best deal is to order a bunch of the black ones at least ten at a time with the discount straight from the source.  about the same price as Pmags, and just a little more than Gi mags.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 04:12:03 PM by RabbitSlayer » Logged

-Thomas Jefferson
Leonitus

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 05:35:14 PM »

Great pricing......I think Lancers are the best mags available for the price these days
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length