Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 06:45:41 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Gen 5 Glocks?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gen 5 Glocks?  (Read 521 times)
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: September 15, 2017, 10:14:38 PM »

Opinions?
Thoughts?
Anyone here own the gen 5?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:36:28 PM by RabbitSlayer » Logged

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 11:50:54 PM »

I have a Gen5 G-17 and am eagerly awaiting a Gen5 G19.  IMO, compared to my Gen 3 G17, this just feels better in my hand, has a much better stock trigger, and for me, it points naturally and the sights align perfectly when it bring it up to fire.

The only thing I could take a point or two off would be that they didn't make the magazine release bilateral.  For me, a right hander, it isn't an issue, but it has become a selling point.  I think that people are making a tempest in a teapot because it doesn't have forward serrations.  Whoever came up with that idea should be, IMO, soundly beaten with Lucille.  There's no reason to have your hand that close to the muzzle when the pistol is loaded.  IMO, of course.

Kurt
Jack Flag

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 01:11:59 AM »

I don't own one. But I do work at a gun store part time. We had a few Gen 5's in today. A G17 and some couple G19.

I like them. But wish it was more. I personally wish the Gen 5's had front serrations. I do like that the finger grooves are gone. Granted, finger grooves on Glocks don't bug me and Gen 4 Glocks fit and feel fine for me. But I do like finger groove less guns when I can get them.

I'm not sure about the half moon cutout on the front of the grip. As I said, I haven't shot a Gen 5. But I wonder on a G19 (moot on the 17, because the grip is long enough my hands don't touch the cutout when gripping the gun) if it would be uncomfortable to shoot. Some folks say that cutouts are uncomfortable and pinch their fingers.

Normal Glock magwell is fine. But the flared magwell is a nice touch.

Trigger did seem a bit better.

I wouldn't rush out and buy a Gen 5 and trade in a Gen 4 (mainly because they don't make a Gen 5, 34). But if I were in the market. There's a good chance I'd roll with a Gen 5.
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 09:50:21 AM »

I still prefer the Gen 2 glock over any other generation. The gen 3 got the horrible finger grooves especially if you have large hands like me. The Gen 4's for the horrible bump on the trigger bar that reduces trigger feel and increases drag.

Yup... gen 2 is the best generation glock. Grin
mpd3285
^

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 12:58:25 PM »

The trigger is better on the Gen5.  Similar to a Steyr L9.  Consistent throughout. Less of a build up. They changed the trigger return spring design. "Frying pan"  finish looks better too.  I dont know if the marksman barrel does any witchcraft but my groups at 7-25 yards were more than satisfactory with my G19 Gen5.  The "bold sights" option made by ameriglo is nice too. 

Steyr AUG= Austrian combat Legos since 1977.
Why SBR when you can AUG?! - Haven't we been taxed enough already?
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 02:12:44 PM »

The trigger is better on the Gen5.  Similar to a Steyr L9.  Consistent throughout. Less of a build up. They changed the trigger return spring design. "Frying pan"  finish looks better too.  I dont know if the marksman barrel does any witchcraft but my groups at 7-25 yards were more than satisfactory with my G19 Gen5.  The "bold sights" option made by ameriglo is nice too. 

The trigger return spring, originally a coil spring, was evolved into something that looked more like the NY trigger return spring, which was known (IIRC) for smoothing out the trigger.

Kurt
mpd3285
^

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 06:39:48 PM »

The trigger return spring, originally a coil spring, was evolved into something that looked more like the NY trigger return spring, which was known (IIRC) for smoothing out the trigger.

Spot on. That is exactly how I would descibe it.  I know some who would run a minus connector with a NY spring to achieve similar results. 

Steyr AUG= Austrian combat Legos since 1977.
Why SBR when you can AUG?! - Haven't we been taxed enough already?
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 08:46:10 PM »

Spot on. That is exactly how I would descibe it.  I know some who would run a minus connector with a NY spring to achieve similar results. 

Interesting... The NY trigger style module has always been the most reliable variant of the glock safe action. It produced a horrible heavy trigger though. Some try to use a 3.5 disconnect in tandem to create a type of hybrid that lightened the overall pull but the feel was reduced with little to no wall at the near end of travel.

Hopefully the gen 5 has better feel using the NY style module.
Leonitus

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 09:13:04 PM »

I really have a bit of interest in the Gen 5. However, I'll wait a year or so to be sure the bugs get worked out. I have a very tweaked Gen 4 G19 that has the finger grooves removed, grip reduction and a texture. Slide has a bit of work as well.

I see Glock as the "AR15" of the pistol world.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length