Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 09:44:51 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  First Gunbroker Poacher
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: First Gunbroker Poacher  (Read 2085 times)
Sdevante
^

« on: September 13, 2017, 09:10:51 PM »

Only....$3200.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/695510462
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 09:14:26 PM »

When I see stuff like this I check to see if it is a dealer or individual.  If it's a dealer, they're added to my black list of people to never purchase from; shows a lack of ethics and over abundance of greed.

Kurt
INV136

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 10:14:25 AM »

Exactly!
Slateman
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 11:06:03 AM »

Good for them. Particularly if they got in on the cheaper pre-order price.
Ditcher
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 11:08:45 AM »

Hey at least they are offering free shipping! lol
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 02:46:34 PM »

I wonder if it will sell

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

st381

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 02:51:04 PM »

It's called capitalism folks. The MDR is listed following the postulate of supply vs. demand. Demand is high, supply is low, prices are high. God bless America and the impatient firearms efficionado. No one complains about the inverse of the supply vs. demand postulate (Supply is high, demand is low, prices are low). I've never seen a post titled, hey guys I did t pay enough money for this gun!   The inverse of the supply vs. demand postulate is playing out in the gun industry right now except for a very few manufacturers and retailers.  
INV136

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 04:21:37 PM »

It's called capitalism folks. The MDR is listed following the postulate of supply vs. demand. Demand is high, supply is low, prices are high. God bless America and the impatient firearms efficionado. No one complains about the inverse of the supply vs. demand postulate (Supply is high, demand is low, prices are low). I've never seen a post titled, hey guys I did t pay enough money for this gun!   The inverse of the supply vs. demand postulate is playing out in the gun industry right now except for a very few manufacturers and retailers.  

I call it scalping. They're parasites and vermin. True Capitalism is making money and improving your lot in life through ingenuity, innovation, and invention. This is not making money, it's "making a killing." There is a difference that anyone with common sense can comprehend.  This is parasitism, not capitalism.  Roll Eyes
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 04:25:30 PM »

I call it scalping. They're parasites and vermin. True Capitalism is making money and improving your lot in life through ingenuity, innovation, and invention. This is not making money, it's "making a killing." There is a difference that anyone with common sense can comprehend.  This is parasitism, not capitalism.  Roll Eyes

Functionally equivalent to "usury".

But then again, it only survives because of the impatient and foolish.
Ascinder
^

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 05:31:20 PM »

Two adages:

There's a sucker born every minute.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

That is all.
maleante
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 05:56:49 PM »

Only $3200?

I would have listed it at $3500 minimum.
st381

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 06:36:45 PM »

I call it scalping. They're parasites and vermin. True Capitalism is making money and improving your lot in life through ingenuity, innovation, and invention. This is not making money, it's "making a killing." There is a difference that anyone with common sense can comprehend.  This is parasitism, not capitalism.  Roll Eyes
You don't like the price don't buy it. The market will determine whether or not it sells. This isn't gasoline, potable water, or food during a natural disaster, it's a rifle that a patient man could wait for and pay MSRP or less.

Would you sell your MDR (if you had one) for MSRP or pre-order prices right now?  Or would you inflate the price to take advantage of the low supply to not only pay for the rifle your selling but to make profit to also partially finance the next one?  If your answer is yes then you are truly a godly man.

Would you complain if he listed it at $1800?  I imagine not and would either be gloating about the DEAL you found or crying because you missed out.  

Low supply, high demand = high price. Why is a SCAR still $2800?  Low supply, I don't hear you disparaging FN.  The seller isn't lying and he isn't selling a defective product, a potential buyer can easily see the MSRP and find a retailer who charges a better price with a simple google search. Get off your high horse. If the buyer is fine with the price then who cares in the long run. It's not like the guy is selling 200 rifles, he has ONE rifle listed.

EDIT**Who cares if he has 200 rifles listed, if no one buys them the price will naturally come down to a more reasonable level. The great .22LR Ammo shortage taught me that if you are prepared and stockpile enough to cover your needs for a year then you won't have to pay high prices when the is low supply. So, buy mags, Ammo, and suppressors now. When suppressor get deregulated it will take a good 2-3 years for supply and prices to normalize. 

I wanted a RDB because I'm left handed. GunBroker prices were crazy stupid high so I waited. My patience allowed me to pay $900 instead of $1600 for a more refined rifle.  The iPhone X is MSRP $1150. Supply will be limited, tech heads that don't initially get one will pay a suckers premium to get one, I will not cry for them, I will just sit 2 years and upgrade to the older model at a price more in line with my budget.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 06:51:22 PM by st381 » Logged
st381

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 06:40:41 PM »

Only $3200?

I would have set a high reserve and let the bidding go as high as possible. Too many crybabies complaining about the price, probably because they can't afford $3200 so feel that this seller should sell for $1800.
sampitt

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 06:57:24 PM »

I don't see a problem.  If someone wants to pay a premium for the instant gratification of buying an MDR and not waiting a year for delivery, have at it Hoss.  I'm not sure why the seller would be considered a scumbag for making a healthy profit.  The MDR isn't the last bottle of water in a desert and the seller isn't taking advantage of someone dying of thirst.  We live in a relatively free country with free markets.   
Sdevante
^

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 08:53:42 PM »

The gentleman from Dallas preordered two (2) MDRs, and only needs one.

https://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=1063616
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 09:19:01 PM »

Only $3200?

I would have set a high reserve and let the bidding go as high as possible. Too many crybabies complaining about the price, probably because they can't afford $3200 so feel that this seller should sell for $1800.

This is capital...so if we disagree with you (i.e. since you support the seller), then we're crybabies and can't afford it?  You have no clue.

Kurt
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 09:20:39 PM »

Sure...only "needs" one...in that case, why not sell it for MSRP?  He's doing exactly what he intended when he ordered two.

Kurt
st381

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 09:29:43 PM »

Sure...only "needs" one...in that case, why not sell it for MSRP?  He's doing exactly what he intended when he ordered two.
Yeah capitalism!👍👍 He took a risk, put up his money, and may now see a profit. Not only a capitalist but entrepreneurial as well. I hope he gets every penny.  He has no moral obligation to list HIS rifle at a price YOU believe is fair. Again, this ain't water in a drought or boat rides in a flood.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 09:36:47 PM by st381 » Logged
reason

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 09:40:05 PM »

Its called supply and demand. Only a fool takes less profit than the market will bare.

No wonder why Comrade Bernie is so popular in america. The Frankfurt School Marxist have thoroughly mind f***ed the west. What they couldn't infect, the judeo/christian sacrifice worshipers still have a grip on.

"It is the basic, metaphysical fact of man’s nature—the connection between his survival and his use of reason—that capitalism recognizes and protects.

In a capitalist society, all human relationships are voluntary. Men are free to cooperate or not, to deal with one another or not, as their own individual judgments, convictions, and interests dictate. They can deal with one another only in terms of and by means of reason, i.e., by means of discussion, persuasion, and contractual agreement, by voluntary choice to mutual benefit. The right to agree with others is not a problem in any society; it is the right to disagree that is crucial. It is the institution of private property that protects and implements the right to disagree—and thus keeps the road open to man’s most valuable attribute (valuable personally, socially, and objectively): the creative mind."

http://aynrandlexicon.com/lexicon/capitalism.html
reason

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 09:43:49 PM »

Sure...only "needs" one...in that case, why not sell it for MSRP?  He's doing exactly what he intended when he ordered two.

Why should he? By what standard?

"Do not hide behind such superficialities as whether you should or should not give a dime to a beggar. That is not the issue. The issue is whether you do or do not have the right to exist without giving him that dime. The issue is whether you must keep buying your life, dime by dime, from any beggar who might choose to approach you. The issue is whether the need of others is the first mortgage on your life and the moral purpose of your existence. The issue is whether man is to be regarded as a sacrificial animal. Any man of self-esteem will answer: “No.” Altruism says: “Yes.”"

http://aynrandlexicon.com/lexicon/altruism.html
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 09:53:48 PM by reason » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length