Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2017, 01:50:56 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  Military Arms Channel MDR Coverage
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Military Arms Channel MDR Coverage  (Read 2120 times)
Box

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2017, 07:48:20 PM »

As usual, MAC did an excellent job.   My enthusiasm was rekindled after seeing that video.

Once he gets his own MDR, I'm curious how its reliability stands after thousands of rounds through it.
Blackandwhiteknight
^

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2017, 10:34:30 PM »

After seeing the ejection chute up close I am a little concerned it wont be able to handle the sand... Not really much clearance around those empties. Ejection could be violent enough to keep it clear and so it might not be a big deal.  Also noticed from a manual of arms point of view the charging handle should be gripped palm down , or thumb/ index finger similar to an AR, to prevent locking the bolt back while charging it like Tim did.
Hivedr.

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2017, 01:25:50 AM »

After seeing the ejection chute up close I am a little concerned it wont be able to handle the sand... Not really much clearance around those empties. Ejection could be violent enough to keep it clear and so it might not be a big deal.  Also noticed from a manual of arms point of view the charging handle should be gripped palm down , or thumb/ index finger similar to an AR, to prevent locking the bolt back while charging it like Tim did.

The ejection "system" has A LOT of moving parts. Moving parts + ingested dust, sand, extreme cold etc. usually = not a good combination. Guess time will tell. Here's to hoping they got it right.
JesseJames38

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2017, 04:48:34 AM »

Personally I would be more concerned about sand and dirt getting in thought the two long slots that the charging handle rides in.  I believe dirt getting in there will defiantly mess with the bolt carrier, recoil spring ect.   But that is my thought

Jesse
Ditcher
^

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2017, 08:12:17 AM »

So is tomorrows weapon ready for yesterdays sand and mud?  That is the question.
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2017, 11:15:01 AM »

So who is willing to let InRange TV mud test their shiny new MDR?
generalzip

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2017, 11:34:00 AM »

Maybe some sand and grit in there would slow the bolt down enough to stop it from ripping the rims off of cases  Tongue
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2017, 12:30:38 PM »

Maybe some sand and grit in there would slow the bolt down enough to stop it from ripping the rims off of cases  Tongue

Is this going to become the new grease spot that used to be a dead horse?

Kurt
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2017, 01:00:41 PM »

Personally I would be more concerned about sand and dirt getting in thought the two long slots that the charging handle rides in.  I believe dirt getting in there will defiantly mess with the bolt carrier, recoil spring ect.   But that is my thought

Jesse

with 308 blowback...i don't think moderate sand and dirt will be a factor in the MDR design.  it'd be interesting to see, but it seems few here are intrigued with the elements when the ejection ports are sealed compared to the tavor, aug & rdb.  the charging handle slots aren't out of the norm with regard to size either.

So is tomorrows weapon ready for yesterdays sand and mud?  That is the question.

InRangeTV mud test is mentioned often.  Considering their test kills every gun within the first or second series of shots...not sure what the MDR failing just like every other gun would prove.  I mean all their AK variants failed miserably.  They were happy with the ar15 but it was their shortest test, the mud was much soupier than their other mud tests and it did fail to lock open on the second application of mud.  The heavily touted as battle proven IWI x95 failed miserably as well.  likewise with the M1s...failed terribly.

The real question is how many of you are going to be rolling around in mud and sand with your new $2500 rifle?  lol...didn't think so...and it isn't going to happen out at the range or out hunting.  even if you're out in the desert like those cats over at spentbrass running and gunning...

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:02:15 PM by HBeretta » Logged
Ascinder
^

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2017, 01:57:11 PM »

Not only that, but most jackasses aren't  going to even try and fire a weapon in that state. You almost always have a canteen or camelback on to spray all that out and relube if absolutely necessary. The "mud test" is an answer to a problem that doesn't exist except for the most careless or irresponsible users.
BigDave76

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2017, 02:20:14 PM »

Mud Tests.... ugh. The one youtube series that makes me go on an old man rant.

As it's been said, nobody would try to shoot a gun in that state without shaking it off heavily and wiping the ejection port clear first (which, is what they do with their AR15 in the videos...)

All the AK's fail, but cleaning those out is as simple as pushing a damn button and shaking the gun out before you ram the bolt through mud. The bullpups fail immediately because they deliberately cover the ejection ports with mud (X95 test) and then allow mud to fall into the open port as they clear malfunctions before resuming fire.

It's a sham, a shame, and they're shameless about it too judging from their own comments on and in their videos.
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2017, 03:04:13 PM »

Those tests strike me as extreme worst case. I find even the failure modes to give some useful information about how badly a gun fails, where ingress points are, and how hard it is to get them back into action.

They aren't perfect tests by any means, especially with a sample size of one. But they are better than nothing at all.
INV136

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2017, 04:23:15 PM »

So who is willing to let InRange TV mud test their shiny new MDR?

Your idea, so I would suggest that you be the one to engage in that stupidity. Wink
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2017, 04:28:34 PM »

I can't. My 5.56 is still sitting somewhere in the development process. Given the history, I'll be seeing that somewhere around December. Of 2018. By then some other sucker civic minded soul should have let them test their rifle.  Grin
7n6

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2017, 05:14:39 PM »

This is exactly what I came here to post. I'd like to see some torture testing. It's a really neat rifle though.

7n6

Ditcher
^

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2017, 07:47:10 PM »

So is DT waiting until next month to ship out more MDR's?  Haven't see any new post of people getting their MDR.
hillbillyjim
^

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2017, 08:07:26 PM »

The ejection port is one spot I definitely see an aftermarket fix.  It doesn't look reliable for the long haul. 
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2017, 10:09:01 PM »

The ejection port is one spot I definitely see an aftermarket fix.  It doesn't look reliable for the long haul. 

jim...do you mean the port/ejection chute covers?  i ask because in the video when MAC is swapping them out you can hear a thudding sound when he lays them down which leads me to believe they're heavy and built like tanks.
mjk1
^

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2017, 10:40:54 PM »

So is DT waiting until next month to ship out more MDR's?  Haven't see any new post of people getting their MDR.

I was curious also regarding this topic. I believe.... I heard the loaner / dealer pass along demo... MAC had was 15XX something ? I'm not sure that sits well with me but never the less ... I don't think the EJ port door is something I will sweat at this time.
Siris

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2017, 03:56:02 AM »

Is this going to become the new grease spot that used to be a dead horse?

Let them I need them for my glue factory I'm opening up, gonna make a killing. We're going after jello next week.

What ever happened to Democrat meaning drunken partying and pistol duels on the white house lawn, beating your would be assassin so senseless your security has to protect them from you, and one of your only two regrets is that you didn't kill your own vice president and running mate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length