Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 04:12:21 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Year of Manufacture
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Year of Manufacture  (Read 486 times)
ricklee4570

« on: September 13, 2017, 08:18:39 AM »

Just bought a used Tavor. Is there any way to tell when it was made?
unkashawn

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 10:38:42 AM »

Good question; there's no handy chart that states which serials were built in which years. (Or if there is, I'd love to see it)

I bought my B16 Tavor in June or July of 2013, and it has serial #T00056XX (I'm not sure what proper etiquette to follow when talking about serials. How many numbers to share, how many to withhold? I'm not worried to share it; but maybe there are nefarious gun-serial thieves lurking about.)
madmike262

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 03:01:41 PM »

Wonder how we would find out.
ricklee4570

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 09:56:08 AM »

Apparently there is no rhyme or reason as far as serial numbers go. I called IWI and they said they have no idea as to build dates. They stated that the serial numbers were in no particular order.
paulky_2000

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 10:08:50 AM »

Apparently there is no rhyme or reason as far as serial numbers go. I called IWI and they said they have no idea as to build dates. They stated that the serial numbers were in no particular order.

How very strange!

Then how in the hell would they handle a recall?
ricklee4570

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 10:15:40 AM »

Good question. He said that they get frames from Israel and the serial numbers come in batches. I am sure they are being sent all over the world and there are big differences from shipment to shipment.
Leonitus

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 11:07:39 AM »

How very strange!

Then how in the hell would they handle a recall?

The "receivers" are produced in order in Isreal. The Tavor, as a whole, is assembled in different locations.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length