Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2018, 08:32:37 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  BUIS Question
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: BUIS Question  (Read 4944 times)
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 05:19:23 AM »

Double post.

My last response got stuck inside the quote for some reason.  Tried to fix it but can't figure out why it's doing that.

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
fatty

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 08:57:31 AM »

After watching an IDF training video, I can somewhat see how it can be a training issue.  I was taught to raise the rifle to your sight line (just like you mentioned), however I still could not see a clear sight picture even raising the butt end an inch or two above my shoulder.  Also didn't see a single video of the IDF using the iron sights... they were all using optics.

In any case, I think it all comes down to user preference at the end of the day.  I'd rather have the same cheek weld across most of my rifles.
paulky_2000

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 02:44:01 PM »

They work just fine for me.
Leonitus

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 10:09:59 PM »

They engineered it perfectly to cheekweld correctly to how they train their soldiers to shoot.

I imagine this is because they train their soldiers to raise their weapons to the line of sight of their eyes.
You look at your Target and you bring your gun up to interface with your eyes and the target.

Many people INCORRECTLY adjust their head to line up sights, which is bad form.  Americans probably shoulder the weapon too low and cause this to happen with Tavor would be my thought.  I know that the American butt pad that came with my x95 caused me to do this sometimes, the manticore curved buttpad completely eliminated the issue for me.
Btw, the irons on the Tavor are perfect cowitness with AR optics.  The Israelis did their homework, and engineered this Gun for soldiers to use in combat.  They designed it exactly how it should be.

Regardless if your cheek weld is 2 feet high or 1 inch high, people need to bring the gun into their line of sight and not bring their line of sight into their gun.

If anyone thinks I'm full of s***, ask any state certified firearms instructor.

Spot on. The Tavor indexes perfectly for me.

Except the state certified instructor comment......I've met a few that were clueless.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 11:10:26 PM »

They engineered it perfectly to cheekweld correctly to how they train their soldiers to shoot.

I imagine this is because they train their soldiers to raise their weapons to the line of sight of their eyes.
You look at your Target and you bring your gun up to interface with your eyes and the target.

Many people INCORRECTLY adjust their head to line up sights, which is bad form.  Americans probably shoulder the weapon too low and cause this to happen with Tavor would be my thought.  I know that the American butt pad that came with my x95 caused me to do this sometimes, the manticore curved buttpad completely eliminated the issue for me.
Btw, the irons on the Tavor are perfect cowitness with AR optics.  The Israelis did their homework, and engineered this Gun for soldiers to use in combat.  They designed it exactly how it should be.

Regardless if your cheek weld is 2 feet high or 1 inch high, people need to bring the gun into their line of sight and not bring their line of sight into their gun.

If anyone thinks I'm full of s***, ask any state certified firearms instructor.

Spot on. The Tavor indexes perfectly for me.

Except the state certified instructor comment......I've met a few that were clueless.

Lol, I don't doubt that at all  Grin

Also worth note, I believe the Israelis use the six points of contact grip as well, which is different from how we shoot.

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
l2a3

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2017, 10:35:54 AM »

It seems  there is no relationship for having the buttstock against your shoulder and viewing the BUIS. For some of us it is one or the other, just like me and the Thompson SMG. If the buttstock is in the shoulder pocket the sights are too high, if I align my eye to the sights the buttstock is below my armpit.  No doubt it has to do a lot with the persons build and frame. I am 5'7' with 28 in arms, 18 inch throat with no or very little neck, and a 46-48 inch chest. My friends who are 5'10ish and skinny as a rail and have 32+ inch arms have no problem using the OEM sights when shouldered. So even using the Israeli 6 point stance is difficult for me to keep the support hand in the correct position, instead of grasping it; but it is a very solid position and I try to use it when possible.

Using the original X-95 OEM setup I needed a HARD cheek weld and  a slight cant to see the BUIS with the butt pad in/on my shoulder pocket. With the X-95 using a Gear Head long riser (3/8") and the La Rue M68 mount, that puts the M68 Aimpoint dot right where it should be, with the stock in or near the shoulder pocket, with either the factory butt pad or the Manticore curved pad, with or without plates;  but the Manticore curved pad feels better to me when shouldered,but it is 1/2 inch longer at the top than the OEM pad.  Just my 2 cents.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length