Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 20, 2018, 04:51:38 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  Black,Tan & Green RDBs!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Black,Tan & Green RDBs!  (Read 1658 times)
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: September 07, 2017, 03:16:52 PM »

If you ever wanted to see all three colors together.

* IMG_0964.JPG (244.04 KB, 605x605 - viewed 172 times.)

* IMG_0962.JPG (240.58 KB, 605x605 - viewed 144 times.)

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
st381

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 05:42:59 PM »

I dig tan or FDE guns when the color is from using dyed polymer.  Sadly, Keltec uses Cerakote over the black polymer and while Cerakote is tough (I work in a shop that does Cerakote), over time and use, the finish wears off, especially in the grip area and other hard use areas. If you like battle worn then that's okay, but if you don't, I think you will be disappointed.
slowcorrado

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 12:09:32 PM »

I dig tan or FDE guns when the color is from using dyed polymer.  Sadly, Keltec uses Cerakote over the black polymer and while Cerakote is tough (I work in a shop that does Cerakote), over time and use, the finish wears off, especially in the grip area and other hard use areas. If you like battle worn then that's okay, but if you don't, I think you will be disappointed.

Are you aware if the ODG is a dyed polymer?  It looks like it is, but pictures can be deceiving!
st381

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 05:05:36 PM »

From what I understand from watching YouTube factory tours of the keltec facilities and from what I've seen in person, all colorized keltec furniture is Cerakoted to include the ODG.  (I really wish it was dyed polymer). The glossier the finish, the more hardener that was used to mix into the color. So, if you can't find an ODG RDB, I would recommend getting the black version and having a shop Cerakote it to your specifications.  You'll get the same Cerakote but will be able to customize it more to your style.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length