Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2018, 11:47:06 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Can Western Civilization invent a rifle as reliable as the AK? Not so sure.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Can Western Civilization invent a rifle as reliable as the AK? Not so sure.  (Read 27817 times)
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2017, 04:40:10 PM »

Alright, can you guys chill out a bit with the pissing match? Especially you, Rabbit. Each side has made valid, as well as questionable, claims in this argument. This is largely a topic of personal preferences in the end, no need to get heated because of that.
scstrain

« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2017, 08:01:44 PM »

Deleted.  Read next.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 12:53:01 PM by scstrain » Logged
scstrain

« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2017, 08:06:56 PM »

Hey RabbitSlayer, I have 7n6's back.  He has stayed cordial through this entire thread while you act like a typical "Gun Forum Keyboard Comando", using curse words and the word "******ed".  If you have ever been around a family that you care about that has a person with this condition you probably would not use it.  Does it make you feel like a big man to act this way?  I think you have made yourself look very Little.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 08:08:30 PM by scstrain » Logged
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2017, 12:55:39 PM »

InRange TV has released another mud test of AK's. This time they used the best versions you can get in the U.S.

https://www.full30.com/video/0275541f784b38caca67c2da160d382d
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2017, 04:24:39 PM »

Hey RabbitSlayer, I have 7n6's back.  He has stayed cordial through this entire thread while you act like a typical "Gun Forum Keyboard Comando", using curse words and the word "******ed".  If you have ever been around a family that you care about that has a person with this condition you probably would not use it.  Does it make you feel like a big man to act this way?  I think you have made yourself look very Little.

7n6 has spewed nothing but conjecture and BS; I don't care if he is nicely spewing BS, it's still BS.  In my opinion lying to further your point is much worse than using ''offensive'' words.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 06:38:30 PM by RabbitSlayer » Logged

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
7n6

« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2017, 12:29:57 AM »

InRange TV has released another mud test of AK's. This time they used the best versions you can get in the U.S.

https://www.full30.com/video/0275541f784b38caca67c2da160d382d

The safety features worked- if the bolt can't fully go into battery it won't fire. It's also the reason the bolt carrier has a little tail on the back- to keep the hammer from striking the firing pin if the bolt doesn't fully go into battery.

The difference being if you watched the earlier video with the guy throwing the three rifles into the little swamp area- is that all three were compromised but the AK ran fine while the Tavor and AR choked. The reason, the AK has more area around the internals for debris.

Look at the video I linked where they filled the rear of the AK 74 receiver with sand- and it fired because the sand didn't keep the hammer from resetting nor keep the bolt from locking. All I'm saying, is to take those AK features; a piston with the reliability to fire underwater, the durability to survive a decent drop test along with room around the internals to mitigate debris- then combine that with a sealed system like an AR and you'd create just about the best rifle yet.

7n6 has spewed nothing but conjecture and BS; I don't care if he is nicely spewing BS, it's still BS.  In my opinion lying to further your point is much worse than using ''offensive'' words.

You haven't been able to point to one single thing I've stated with any evidence to the contrary.

Anyway in closing some of my favorite videos;

AK buried 18 years, rusted shut, brought back to life with a little oil then fired.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgrJElGOMMg

AK that was shot full of holes then fired.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIGMCiFK5yc

7n6  
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:44:26 AM by 7n6 » Logged
scstrain

« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2017, 09:34:42 AM »

Hey RabbitSlayer, I have 7n6's back.  He has stayed cordial through this entire thread while you act like a typical "Gun Forum Keyboard Comando", using curse words and the word "******ed".  If you have ever been around a family that you care about that has a person with this condition you probably would not use it.  Does it make you feel like a big man to act this way?  I think you have made yourself look very Little.

7n6 has spewed nothing but conjecture and BS; I don't care if he is nicely spewing BS, it's still BS.  In my opinion lying to further your point is much worse than using ''offensive'' words.

Hello Little Man.  So now you can read peoples minds through a computer and tell if they are lying.  Wow, you are special.  I have read many of your post's and you seem to love to be offensive.  Especially using "******ed", that's really low.  Is it nice living in your "OWN" delusional world judging others?
ttarp

« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2017, 10:18:08 AM »

Yawn*, did you even read Sensei's post?  7N6 has done a very good job of not taking the bait(though the topic might be considered bait) and staying civil, whats the sense of getting into a p!$$!#% match now?
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2017, 04:51:48 PM »

Hello Little Man.  So now you can read peoples minds through a computer and tell if they are lying.  Wow, you are special.  I have read many of your post's and you seem to love to be offensive.  Especially using "******ed", that's really low.  Is it nice living in your "OWN" delusional world judging others?

Lol, you're so offended.  Sorry but, I'm not a snowflake so calling me '' little man '' doesn't offend me.  I just find it funny you are so offended by a word which has been used in medical literature for at least 100 years.  As far as family, I had a sister-in-law who was handicap, note I called her handicap and not ******ed.  I don't know anyone that goes around calling handicap people ******ed.  However, if a person who is not handicap acts very dumb, it is pretty common to call them ******ed.  It must suck to be so offended by simple things like that.

You just went and looked for a reason to be offended, are you also a leftie?

Definition

''  re·tard·ed
rəˈtärdəd/Submit
adjective
datedoffensive
less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.
informaloffensive
very foolish or stupid.
"in retrospect, it was a totally ******ed idea"  ''

By that definition the OP was indeed acting ******ed, if you don't understand why take a moment to contemplate the relevancy of this analogy.

Anyone who knows a bit about the various weapons being discussed is well aware that 7n6 has been making things up as he goes along.  If you read 7n6's posts it is blatantly obvious he doesn't know what he is talking about.  He can post all the fantasy he wants but I am not obligated to go along with BS posts.  Even if I took the time to point out every one of his silly statements as non-factual, he would disregard them.  It is much more simple to call him on his BS, by simply stating it is BS, that way he becomes aware people here know his posts are BS.

There isn't any rule that says I need to be respectful to those who lie and spread misinformation.  In fact, I find it very disrespectful to post non-factual statements about various other weapons.  It is a disservice to forums in general.  This is often the reason people regurgitate false information so much.

I would rather be known as Vulgar than be known as a liar.

Please, continue to be offended and attack me for using the word ******, it makes you look very intelligent, I find it amusing.  This conversation had nothing to do with you, but you had to go out of your way to be offended.

If you do have family that is indeed handicap, I am sorry, however it is no reason to get extremely offended every time you hear someone use the word ******, especially if the person who is using that word never implied it towards you or your family.  We live in a world where people are free to discuss things in the manner they feel fit.  I personally feel it is a waste of time to try and have intelligent conversation with people who prove themselves to not be intelligent or capable of reasonable discussion.  When such a situation arises it is much more efficient to be completely blunt with that person. 

In regards to the OP.  I love AK's, I own and have owned a bunch of them.  However I see them for the tools they are, and have no misconceptions about them.  I own many other long stroke piston driven rifles with space in the receiver.  I just have to draw a line in the discussion when I see you making things up as you go along to further your agenda.  I'm not a fanboy of one type of firearm, I own many and see disadvantages, and advantages of the various types.  Believe it or not, there are a lot of guns that meet your critera of being able to be dropped and shot underwater.  The AK design is a great design, but it is far from being the most effective shoulder fired weapon available.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 09:21:51 PM by RabbitSlayer » Logged

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2017, 05:11:43 PM »

Deleted.  Read next.

*****  LOL
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 08:10:07 AM by Sgt_P » Logged

-Thomas Jefferson
xpdchief

« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2017, 07:31:21 PM »

Moderator please!

Respectfully submitted,
Brian
7n6

« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2017, 09:26:01 PM »

By that definition the OP was indeed acting ******ed, if you don't understand why take a moment to contemplate the relevancy of this analogy.

Anyone who knows a bit about the various weapons being discussed is well aware that 7n6 has been making things up as he goes along.  If you read 7n6's posts it is blatantly obvious he doesn't know what he is talking about.  He can post all the fantasy he wants but I am not obligated to go along with BS posts.  Even if I took the time to point out every one of his silly statements as non-factual, he would disregard them.  It is much more simple to call him on his BS, by simply stating it is BS, that way he becomes aware people here know his posts are BS.

There isn't any rule that says I need to be respectful to those who lie and spread misinformation.  In fact, I find it very disrespectful to post non-factual statements about various other weapons.  It is a disservice to forums in general.  This is often the reason people regurgitate false information so much.

I would rather be known as Vulgar than be known as a liar.

I have no problem if you may disagree with some of the findings I've posted but at least counter those notions with some sense of dignity to at least formulate an opinion backed by some factual evidence. Throughout this thread I've posted evidence of AK's firing underwater, AK's firing after being dropped in sandy water, AK's firing filled with sand, AK's shooting 1 MOA groups, even AK's functioning having been shot full of holes or covered in rust from being buried for eighteen years. Those are facts, they are on the videos I've posted. Hell we've been fighting third world untrained cave dwellers for nearly two decades fielding thirty to fifty year old Kalashnikov variants which is astounding. I started this thread simply searching for an alternative to Kalashnikov rifles. A rifle perhaps that is more updated, more ergonomic but on par with those certain reliable qualities that make the AK the most widely distributed firearm on the planet.

7n6
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 10:19:05 AM by 7n6 » Logged
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2017, 09:31:27 PM »

When you make non-factual statements about other firearms, it discredits you; and basically forfeits your side of the argument by default.
You would be better off saying either
A.  I don't/ did not know that.
or
B. Researching the firearm in question in order to formulate a factual response.

Your refusal to do so made not only myself but others have no interest in having an in depth conversation about this subject. 

You seem like a cool guy, and I personally have nothing against you.  This is only a conversation and nothing more from my point of view.

-Thomas Jefferson
7n6

« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2017, 09:40:46 PM »

When you make non-factual statements about other firearms, it discredits you; and basically forfeits your side of the argument by default.
You would be better off saying either
A.  I don't/ did not know that.
or
B. Researching the firearm in question in order to formulate a factual response.

Your refusal to do so made not only myself but others have no interest in having an in depth conversation about this subject.  

You seem like a cool guy, and I personally have nothing against you.  This is only a conversation and nothing more from my point of view.

Well I still don't know what specific comments I made about other weapon systems that is disagreeable. As I stated, I own a well rounded collection already and have run those weapons through their paces.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 06:37:51 AM by 7n6 » Logged
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2017, 09:47:15 PM »

BTW.

Nobody is telling you not to shoot AK's.   Multiple times I and others have stated that if you like them, keep shooting them.
I personally like AK's, I own many of them.  Currently working on a 7.62 Saiga 107CR type build.  
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 09:58:42 PM by RabbitSlayer » Logged

-Thomas Jefferson
7n6

« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2017, 10:53:53 PM »

BTW.

Nobody is telling you not to shoot AK's.   Multiple times I and others have stated that if you like them, keep shooting them.
I personally like AK's, I own many of them.  Currently working on a 7.62 Saiga 107CR type build.  

Sounds like a nice build.

7n6
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 06:36:34 AM by 7n6 » Logged
scstrain

« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2017, 03:19:47 PM »

Hey little man, since you are into posting definitions, here is what you are:

Narcissistic person:  A person that has an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultraconfidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:42:58 PM by scstrain » Logged
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2017, 09:32:35 PM »

Hey little man, since you are into posting definitions, here is what you are:

Narcissistic person:  A person that has an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultraconfidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

LOL
I'm not a beta male snowflake like you, so you're going to have to a lot harder if you want to offend me.
I looked up the definition of your screen name and this is what I found.

scstrain
Pronounced BAE-Ta-Male
"Beta males usually lack an alpha mentor like a father figure or a good role model. The masculine father figure was replaced by a women that raised her boy into a beta male. This caused boys growing into men to believe that a women's definition of a man was right. And any other idea of a man was wrong."

Makes sense since you get offended like a little b!tch by the word ******.  Do statues offend you too?
   LOL

-Thomas Jefferson
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2017, 09:43:48 PM »

Throughout this thread I've posted evidence of AK's firing underwater, AK's firing after being dropped in sandy water, AK's firing filled with sand, AK's shooting 1 MOA groups, even AK's functioning having been shot full of holes or covered in rust from being buried for eighteen years.

And yet you give no credence to the structured and repeatable tests conducted by the military and independent testing agencies and cling to tests that have no real applicability.  You cherry pick a couple items and then focus on them to the exclusion of all else.  All criteria must be considered.

Kurt
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2017, 09:45:33 PM »

I'm not a beta male snowflake like you, so you're going to have to a lot harder if you want to offend me.
I looked up the definition of your screen name and this is what I found.

Dude...really?  We can disagree, but let's not make it personal to the point where there's no chance of reconciliation.  Don't be a Kender*...

* an annoying race of halflings (hobbits) from the Dragonlance world that have a unique ability to taunt and anger people  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kender_(Dragonlance)#Taunting
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 09:47:53 PM by kfeltenberger » Logged

Kurt
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length