Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2017, 06:31:51 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  Flash Hider removal
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Flash Hider removal  (Read 2525 times)
INV136

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2017, 10:42:31 PM »

I kinda shocked DT doesn't have a couple of flats milled into it so the special tool isn't required.  I'm going to pull mine, and toss it aside.  It doesn't make much sense to buy a tool since I may not ever use it again. 

I have an AAC suppressor that I use on all of my various rifles from AR15 to M16 to Steyr Aug to FNH SCAR 17 and eventually to the MDR when it arrives. Maybe I should go ahead and order that tool.  I don't intend to do so, but, if you are interested in the upcoming DT MDR conversion kit to convert to 5.56 or any other caliber they release, and you have a sound suppressor, then this tool ,would be something that would be handy to have around. I have no interest in caliber changes, so that does not apply to me. I only want the MDR in .308 caliber. The only change that I might be interested in is if they come out with a "Bull" barrel in .308 caliber. Smiley 
los
^

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2017, 08:51:29 PM »

I replaced the stock flash hider with a BCM Gunfighter Compensator.  Removed the barrel and wrapped an old shirt over the gas block to protected when placed in the vise.. Used manual torch kit to heat up the flash hider/barrel.
Set the torque wrench to 70 lbs and used the AAC BLACKOUT flash hider tool to remove the stock flash hider.
Used a crush washer to set the BCM comp for now. I ordered a muzzle brake lock nut (Amazon) similar to what IWI uses to lock their flash hider.

Posted couple of pics.

* IMG_0537.PNG (717.08 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 30 times.)
los
^

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2017, 08:59:00 PM »

Second photo

* IMG_0534.JPG (1784.6 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 82 times.)
INV136

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2017, 12:15:18 PM »

Looks good. I have a heat gun that I've used to help loosen the flash hider for removal on my various rifles for flash hider/suppressor mount replacement. About 10 days before mine is due to arrive.
los
^

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2017, 12:23:27 PM »

INV136: I hope yours arrive soon. It is a soft shooter and the ergonomics are the best Iíve seen for a bull pup.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length