Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 08:11:43 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  K&M Arms M17S 5.56 and .308
| | |-+  New Baby
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Baby  (Read 2198 times)
Desert Kraut

« on: August 15, 2017, 02:55:49 PM »

Taking delivery of my M17S in 5.56 today. Really excited to get my hands on it and join the Bullpup community. Soon as I get the chance to run it through it's paces, I will tell you all about it.
Spartan
^

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 04:41:31 PM »

Keep us informed and a big congratulations
Desert Kraut

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 01:12:31 PM »

Took my M17S 5.56 to the range a few weeks ago to set up my Eotech 512 and sight it in. I took 60 rounds of Federal's Independence ammo in 5.56 (55grain) and started running it through it's paces. It was not a good first session. Out of the sixty rounds, roughly ten percent would jam in the receiver and I could not clear them with the charging handle. I had to open up the gun and and forcefully yank on the bolt carrier assembly to get it out. When they ejected, I saw that the cartridge was bent right below where the bullet was crimped to the casing. Not a happy camper. I texted Ken and he thought that it might be the ammo. This stuff was 5.99 a box from Sportsman's Warehouse. He said the gun had been test-fired before it was shipped and ran well.

Second range session last week: used Remington UMC ammo (55 grain) .223 and the gun ran flawlessly through a whole box. I took more of the Federal 5.56 and loaded it up and it ran flawlessly as well. I did thoroughly clean and lube the gun before this second session so I don't know what happened the first time. I chalk it up to getting the gun broken in.

Accuracy wise, I shot a fist sized hole dead center into the target at 50 yards standing. For me at my age and with my old eyes, I was very happy with my new bullpup. The trigger is a dream  and it just feels so responsive to bring to target compared to my AR. I love the feel and the quality of my M17S. Great product and great support. Will try to post pictures soon.
michaeljager

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 06:29:49 PM »

Thanks DK, its nice to hear first hand account and Im glad you enjoy it so much. Maybe I can get one soon... C'mon Santa, get it in gear! Because it may fit in a stocking, it is a bullpup after all.

Kel Tec KSG
Springfield XDM 9mm 4.5"
Steyr S9-A1
1942 USSR Mosin Nagant
Desert Kraut

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 10:23:25 PM »

Hope you have been a good boy this year. I will keep my fingers crossed for you michaeljager.
Dogslayer

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 10:19:02 PM »

I have a 5.56 and .308 M17s, they are nice rifles. Both shoot 1 inch groups with my handloads.
It took a while to find the right combination of powder and bullet but once I got  it, just kept
making more of the same load. I had Nikon 6-18 Buckmasters scopes on both for load development.
Now I use Vortex Spitfire 3x prism scopes on them. The trigger on the M17s is a thing of beauty,
crisp and light. I hope you enjoy your M17s.

Dogslayer
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length