Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 10:12:07 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  MDR Range Report
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: MDR Range Report  (Read 3161 times)
Siris

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2017, 03:10:58 AM »

FWIW I went three for three on a 20" target at 750 a couple hrs ago. Grin

Suuure coldbore rub it in! :p

Now when will Carolina first defense get theirs? :p

What ever happened to Democrat meaning drunken partying and pistol duels on the white house lawn, beating your would be assassin so senseless your security has to protect them from you, and one of your only two regrets is that you didn't kill your own vice president and running mate.
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 04:19:31 AM »

"There certainly isn't a huge lack in innovation, . . ." --- (http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=12142.msg127321#msg127321)

Why did Desert Tech decide to break the Gun Industry's long-established mold?
(http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=10016.msg100054#msg100054)

So, using other people's quotes, you think that is a basis to flagrantly push Desert Tech's "accomplishment" that hasn't materialized till now. The expectations set in that no longer carry weight, especially now that some of these aspects have been refuted like the weight. Would you kindly not push outdated information?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 04:30:26 AM by Clarke-Sensei » Logged
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2017, 05:07:22 AM »

I'm going to wait on more data.
I'm curious when Mac,  iv8888, sootch00 or others get their hands on one.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

wagrn
^

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2017, 07:33:43 AM »

Having a 2.5 lbs trigger on a precision gun is one thing, but on a semi auto from the factory.  I'm sure DT legal council put a stop to anything less than 4 .  If the trigger is crisp with clean break I an good with that.  I still don't get why people think this is a long range precision gun.  It is a soon to be (hopefully) mass produced battle rifle plain and simple.  If you want a tack driver go spend another couple thousand on a custom build or high end gun that will 1. Cost more, 2. Weigh more, 3. Be 12 plus inches longer.
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2017, 08:54:51 AM »

"There certainly isn't a huge lack in innovation, . . ." --- (http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=12142.msg127321#msg127321)

Why did Desert Tech decide to break the Gun Industry's long-established mold?
(http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=10016.msg100054#msg100054)

So, using other people's quotes, you think that is a basis to flagrantly push Desert Tech's "accomplishment" that hasn't materialized till now. The expectations set in that no longer carry weight, especially now that some of these aspects have been refuted like the weight. Would you kindly not push outdated information?

Climb to a high place. And, with an open mind, look out and see the future ---

thehun

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2017, 09:20:10 AM »

So far only OT and ColdBore has shown the MDR in the "wild"....the sniperhide forum guy is probably one of them two. LOL

Agreed...until someone like MAC, IRQVTR8888, ColinNoir or someone established as a reviewer or something like that...everything is really just up in the air.

What is sad is people haven't heard of the status of the BPF Group Buy Shocked
wagrn
^

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2017, 09:30:46 AM »

I watch most of the guys you want to see with the gun, but most are presenters and not reviewers.  If they were a true reviewer they would spend months with the gun. One range session and a few hundred rounds will give an idea but not the whole truth.  None of those guys will spend enough time to get a true reading on the gun.  If the CH is a wear issue after a few thousand rounds none of these guys will even have it that long.  A true reveiw takes time and most here on the forum are to impatient for that or they attack people who do try to give reveiw.  They are so focused on what someone didn't do and not with what they did.
INV136

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2017, 12:41:39 PM »

The dude did not say at what distance he shot. He said some of his groups were 3/4" and some were 1.3". But 1.3" at 100 yards is not the same as 1.3" at 50 yards or even 100 meters.
I mean, I think we can assume that, like most normal shooters, he meant at 100 yards.

Far more concerned with claims of a heavy trigger and "light profile barrel"

This is supposed to be a military battle rifle, not a handloader's precision rifle.

So it's supposed to be sloppily built, with poor tolerances and variance?

Mk11 had a sub 5lb trigger and match grade barrel

You didn't read the same thing I read. Where does the reviewer state that his rifle is "sloppily built"? Where does the reviewer state that the rifle has "poor tolerances and variance"? He wrote that his groups varied, so how does that equate to "sloppily built?" He also indicated that he wasn't using a bipod and didn't indicate whether or not those varied groups were the results of standing unsupported shooting. Where did he indicate the trigger pull weight??? A lot of "Assumptions" going on here.  Roll Eyes
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2017, 06:33:00 PM »

So far only OT and ColdBore has shown the MDR in the "wild"....the sniperhide forum guy is probably one of them two. LOL

Agreed...until someone like MAC, IRQVTR8888, ColinNoir or someone established as a reviewer or something like that...everything is really just up in the air.

What is sad is people haven't heard of the status of the BPF Group Buy Shocked

Two of the three I'll agree with.  IV8888, though...there really isn't much "review" other than them shooting it and laughing at stupid stuff they say or do.  After a while, I just stopped watching.

Kurt
thehun

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2017, 10:07:02 PM »

I like IV8888 because of his "fun" take on stuff...yeah not a serious reviewer per say. Mrgunsngear is probably my favorite.
Whoops

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2017, 03:40:19 AM »

Iv8888 is my own personal nightmare

His laugh reminds me of a friend I had in elementary school. That guy, while I think generally a good guy, was and is a screw up. But aside from being a screw up, he was just plain stupid. I ran into him recently, complete random chance while I was travelling. He is still stupid and has the same stupid laugh.

/Drunkposting
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2017, 12:02:15 PM »

His laugh reminds me of a friend I had in elementary school. That guy, while I think generally a good guy, was and is a screw up. But aside from being a screw up, he was just plain stupid. I ran into him recently, complete random chance while I was travelling. He is still stupid and has the same stupid laugh.
/Drunkposting

certainly not analogous to IV8888 with regard to stupid
Whoops

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2017, 02:15:34 PM »

Idk, I haven't ever seen iv8888 say anything smart. I appreciate the other folks on the channel more (I'd like to see what they could do on their own, cause I get the impression iv8888 himself is kinda holding them back).
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2017, 06:10:50 PM »

Idk, I haven't ever seen iv8888 say anything smart. I appreciate the other folks on the channel more (I'd like to see what they could do on their own, cause I get the impression iv8888 himself is kinda holding them back).

well he's a youtube mogul...behind fps russia and hickok45.  maybe the pragmatic approach is a result of their fame; down to earth...not too serious...let's have some fun...etc...  not sure the real size of his team currently, but the hard work him and chad put in early on paid off.  sure he might come across as dopey but i can't see entirely stupid resulting in a successful entity, although stupid does sell so i guess that can be argued.

i seem to favor mrgunsngear lately.  he seems to stick to the same criteria when covering a new firearm.  he'll use varying ammo types and shoot the usual 4-5 groups at 100 yds along with speaking about the firearm rather than the 'hey look at me' approach.

MAC openly admits to not being a review guy.  sometimes i feel he's reluctant to voice his opinion with certain firearms.  i do enjoy his gauntlet tests though.

sootch00 is another i'd put right behind mrgunsngear as personal preference but he is handgun dominant on his channel.  
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 07:14:28 PM by HBeretta » Logged
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2017, 06:31:22 PM »

I feel bad saying this, but iv8888 does come across as a bit dim. His general mannerisms and the things he says just makes him come across that way. But he seems like a decent fellow and doesn't try to portray a tough, macho-man persona, so I don't want to badmouth him. Plus, there are other reviewers who I have reason to criticize.

The only reviews I dislike are the tough guy "operator" reviewers. I much prefer the down to earth, unpretentious and fact driven reviews by those like MAC and TVPresspass.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2017, 07:17:43 PM »

almost forgot to mention t.rex arms and garand thumb current favs.  t.rex arms is legit...damn great channel for sure.
Potss
^

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2017, 07:19:38 PM »

Ya'll need some garand thumb in your life: https://www.youtube.com/user/BritishTang
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length